Thread: New to motorbikes, new to forum! (shaevnYak)

Bike
    1987 Suzuki GSX400X

New to motorbikes, new to forum! (shaevnYak)

Hi all

Just joined up to the forum after buying my first bike - it's a 1987 Suzuki GSX 400X Impulse. Bought it off a friend, it had stopped working and has been sitting (in the Wellington weather) for around a year or so. Plan is to get it running and clean it up a bit, and get riding with friends once summer comes around.

Also - I managed to misspell my own forum handle when I signed up.. Would a kind admin be able to please change it to shavenYak ? Wasn't sure who to PM (and can't seem to PM anyway as a new member).

Will post some photos and progress on the bike soon!

Oskar

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shaevnYak View Post
    shavenYak
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SMG-kinky-3T.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	322580. .

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Hi all

Just joined up to the forum after buying my first bike - it's a 1987 Suzuki GSX 400X Impulse. Bought it off a friend, it had stopped working and has been sitting (in the Wellington weather) for around a year or so. Plan is to get it running and clean it up a bit, and get riding with friends once summer comes around.
    Welcome - good luck with the bike!! What's your situation with a workspace / tools / experience?

Bike
    1987 Suzuki GSX400X
    Quote Originally Posted by OddDuck View Post
    Welcome - good luck with the bike!! What's your situation with a workspace / tools / experience?
    I've got a small single garage which the bike shares with a 1983 Suzuki SS80 (small 3 cylinder hatchback). I've got tools and some basic knowledge from working on that but next to no experience with motorbikes.
    At this stage I've found one of the coils is stuffed so have ordered a pair of CB900 ones from ebay. I also ordered a workshop manual (in japanese) if anyone wants a scan of anything.

Bike
    red one & a blue one
    Hi all

Also - I managed to misspell my own forum handle when I signed up.. Would a kind admin be able to please change it to shavenYak ? Wasn't sure who to PM (and can't seem to PM anyway as a new member).

Oskar
    Sitting in wellington weather for a year........Good luck with that !

Welcome, there are plenty if experts here (cough) to offer advice

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Supersize Me

Bike
    Honda Hornet
    Welcome and good luck with the bike. Fantastic rides around the bays in Wellington

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Welcome ShavenYak (no need to explain that name ).

Lot on here will be able to help you with the jobs, as and when they arise.

Good luck
    “PHEW.....JUST MADE IT............................. UP"

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shavenYak View Post
    Hi all

Oskar
    Done

Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Thread Information