Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Invercargill Motorbike Museum

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50

Invercargill Motorbike Museum

Landed in Invercargill last night, bit cold but today is a lot better. Got picked up and driven passed the big shopfront in the main street where the Nelson motorbikes are going to be relocated. They're working on the interior now, big double frontage two level building. First trucjload of bikes from Nelson arrived last week apparently.

It's good to know the Nelson collection wasn't split up, and it'll be good for Invercargill too. Being right in the main street will mean that visitors are more likely to stop and buy something in town, even if just a cup of coffee and a bun, rather than go to the museum and then pass on through. I'll have to get down here on business again later in the year.

And some great motorbike riding around here too, up to Cromwell, Wanaka and Queenstown, and the Caitlins. You see a lot of touring bikes on the roads, and little traffic too.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Steve View Post
    Landed in Invercargill last night, bit cold but today is a lot better. Got picked up and driven passed the big shopfront in the main street where the Nelson motorbikes are going to be relocated. They're working on the interior now, big double frontage two level building. First trucjload of bikes from Nelson arrived last week apparently.

It's good to know the Nelson collection wasn't split up, and it'll be good for Invercargill too. Being right in the main street will mean that visitors are more likely to stop and buy something in town, even if just a cup of coffee and a bun, rather than go to the museum and then pass on through. I'll have to get down here on business again later in the year.

And some great motorbike riding around here too, up to Cromwell, Wanaka and Queenstown, and the Caitlins. You see a lot of touring bikes on the roads, and little traffic too.
    ok, its adds like these we don't need down ere , don't want to many peoples knowing stuff like that. ya been for a wander through E Hayes yet. enjoy ya stay and all the warm weather

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I think a better location would have been near the motor racing museum in Cromwell to get Queenstown tourism traffic.
    fuck off back to your hole and stay there, the motor sport park at cromwell does not do and will never do bikes. the collection was bought by the Bill Richardson museum trust in Invercargill.

for fucks sake dont bother coming this way

Bike
    '03 FXD
    I was talking to the transporter who was shifting a honda xl350 in excellent original nick down there.It's going to be a great museum and just another reason to go down to the Burt.
    Never too old to Rock n Roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got miserly tourettes and I don't give a fuck.

Bike
    I suggest you fuck off to Cromwell and you will see bikes in the museum there as I have been there myself last September. They were mostly old race bikes. Sorry to disappoint you fuckwit.
    no they won't race bikes there fuckwit.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by MIXONE View Post
    I was talking to the transporter who was shifting a honda xl350 in excellent original nick down there.It's going to be a great museum and just another reason to go down to the Burt.
    exactly. gonna be bloody awesome

Bike
    S1000RR
    You dont seem to understand that Cromwell "Highlands Park" is not just a race track but a museum and my posting has been that they would be better exhibited there due to the business that Queenstown tourism would offer. You are the only one thinking they have been bought by the new Invercargill owner for the purpose of racing although the media reporting has said they will be put in a museum there which does not mean "RACING"!! Maybe go into your hole and come out when you have grown a BRAIN!!
    You sure you been there? Good luck fitting 100+ bikes in there. Also Tony Quinn doesn't like bikes (although there is a Ducati 916 displayed in the so called "museum").

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    As usual IT is talking Bullshit. I wish IT would just fuck off completely!
    Been South of the Ditch twice now, in 40 plus years, going to go look for a long time sooner rather than later, naturally on a bike.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    You dont seem to understand that Cromwell "Highlands Park" is not just a race track but a museum and my posting has been that they would be better exhibited there due to the business that Queenstown tourism would offer. You are the only one thinking they have been bought by the new Invercargill owner for the purpose of racing although the media reporting has said they will be put in a museum there which does not mean "RACING"!! Maybe go into your hole and come out when you have grown a BRAIN!!
    you are not worth it

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Queenstown overrated, bloody expensive to do anything and like jaffaland have major traffic issues, the place is for ski bunnies and orientals with dosh and no particular place to go. Let them keep the fluffy lamby slipper and plastic tiki sales, we'll keep the bogan side of things for the bogan visitors with Teretonga and Oreti Park Speedway, and some great motorcycling roads.
    Cromwell is for the boaties and wine sippers and the only good roads are to and fro (Lindis Pass, Crown Range)

BTW if you are down here and have the time try the Waiauahiri Jet, it eats any Quenstown putput boat ride to pieces ( fastest river and awesome native scenery)
    Last edited by granstar; 28th June 2016 at 22:10. Reason: entering hole to grow brain
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    There was about 10 bikes there when I visited last Sept so the owner must have developed a liking for bikes since you were there. I never said anything about fitting the Nelson bikes in there but said if they were shifted to Cromwell they would benefit from those interested in the Highlands Park museum and tourist day trips from Queenstown which I think would get more tourists visiting than Invercargill. With this being a private museum unlike a council one that is propped up by ratepayers who knows maybe down the track the new owner will shift to Cromwell to capitalise on traffic from Queenstown.
    Doubt it, truck museum is a raging success.

If your cruising Manapouri to Tuatapere route by motorcycle check out the cafe at Orepuki...recommend both.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    Great spot where it is. Good work. It is an asset for Invergiggle =)

Bike
    S1000RR
    There was about 10 bikes there when I visited last Sept so the owner must have developed a liking for bikes since you were there. I never said anything about fitting the Nelson bikes in there but said if they were shifted to Cromwell they would benefit from those interested in the Highlands Park museum and tourist day trips from Queenstown which I think would get more tourists visiting than Invercargill. With this being a private museum unlike a council one that is propped up by ratepayers who knows maybe down the track the new owner will shift to Cromwell to capitalise on traffic from Queenstown.
    I was there last weekend? There were only a handful of bikes. Also what's wrong with Invercargill? I think it'll pay better homage to NZ motorcycling culture. I don't know about you but I don't think this collection is for tourism money making but care and preservation of a culture.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    It was on the good
    I doubt it. Bill Richardson was Southland through and through and the chances of his family putting a collection in Cromwell ahead of Invercargill are zero.

The truck museum is a world class attraction and a destination in itself, people travel to Invercargill to see it. I am not sure a collection of motorbikes will reach the same level but they sure don't need to rely on day trippers from Queenstown.

Bike
    suzuki
    I think a better location would have been near the motor racing museum in Cromwell to get Queenstown tourism traffic.
    buy it yourself and do that then, then tell us how good you really are.

Thread Information