Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Invercargill Motorbike Museum

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...the swedes are good too...
    Yeah bought a 5kg swede back to Auckland having paid only 50c or suchlike for it!

Took heaps of photos at Hayes when we were there a few years ago on our big SI ride. Thought I'd put the pix up in an album but would have to check... If not then I'll need to get my A into G before another three years go by!
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    swedes are for starving stock and should only be consumed in the recycled form i.e steak or roast.

as for the museum, people from far and wide make a point of coming to invercargill to visit E Hayes shop. i do believe that they will also come to see the new bike museum.

Old Steve, you are correct there are a lot of awesome bike roads round these here parts and not all of them well known to even locals.
    we do have low traffic volumes, especially in the winter time.

i feel a bit ashamed having been sucked in by a troll but even tho i am an import myself, I now consider Southland my Home and therefor get hellish annoyed at Fuckwits who know nothing about Southland making Crass statements against us.

the Truck museum is a roaring success and has just opened a purpose built building and the Bike museum will also bee a huge success.

as for fuckwits, they can just stay in Christchurch and continue to fall off on those dead straight roads, remember Motorcycling can kill you

Have to agree, now in Wellington and have the Wairarapa and Rimutaka's to play on, but lived in Invergumboot for 14yrs. The South/deep south has the most amazing bike roads going. Took the ex down for 2 weeks last year, 3 weeks this year. Looks like we are going again next year too. The north has some fantastic rides like the 'forgotten highway', gentle annie, {local for me} but some of the lesser know rides down south are 'JUST'.
    Last time we were down told a few groups we chatted to to take the Manapouri route to Invers rather than the regular SH, also to try the road from Lumsden to Grrrr. Met one lot by chance in Invers, they were esctatic to have taken the 'Manapouri rd' as they'd been talking to another group who took the 'regular' ride.
    Dammit I'm getting 'restless' again.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    Last time we were down told a few groups we chatted to to take the Manapouri route to Invers rather than the regular SH, also to try the road from Lumsden to Grrrr. Met one lot by chance in Invers, they were esctatic to have taken the 'Manapouri rd' as they'd been talking to another group who took the 'regular' ride.
    Dammit I'm getting 'restless' again.
    yeah but to be fair that road is way better going the other way on a good day, best not done on a bike when one of the gentle gale force breezes are up.

giz a yell if ya get down this way again, if it works out we have spare beds with no kids at home anymore

Bike
    It was on the good
    if it works out we have spare beds with no kids at home anymore
    Minnie Dean was from down your way eh?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Minnie Dean was from down your way eh?
    nuthin was ever proven

and anyway she was more winton way and she didn't ride a motorbike

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    ...she didn't ride a motorbike
    A hangable offence down south...
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    Think I've mentioned this in another post, but I'm down here in Invercargill on business. The local guy I'm working with, his grandfather sold Burt Munroe the five pound Velocette which is displayed beside the Indian at E Hayes. He's still around, his grandfather that is, I'd love to meet him. Apparently Roger Donaldson spent a lot of time talking to him when he was making "The World's Fastest Indian".

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post
    A hangable offence down south...

True, nobody dares not ride a motorsickle down here since the Minnie Dean saga.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Steve View Post
    Think I've mentioned this in another post, but I'm down here in Invercargill on business. The local guy I'm working with, his grandfather sold Burt Munroe the five pound Velocette which is displayed beside the Indian at E Hayes. He's still around, his grandfather that is, I'd love to meet him. Apparently Roger Donaldson spent a lot of time talking to him when he was making "The World's Fastest Indian".
    how long you down here for

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Dead proud of my old town. Even more reason to visit now that the bike collection is down there.

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    Rusd7, just at the airport to fly out at 4.00. Next time, spent most of my time with my head down, bum up, in fishing boat engine rooms.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Looking forward to going down to invers to see this collection,my uncle worked at the place they were housed in Nelson the lucky bugger...bet hes missing them,got a pic somewhere of him on the Britten when it was there awhile back.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Looking forward to going down to invers to see this collection,my uncle worked at the place they were housed in Nelson the lucky bugger...bet hes missing them,got a pic somewhere of him on the Britten when it was there awhile back.
    day trip then?

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Probably make a weekend of it,mrs has some relis in Invercargill and ive a couple of good mates in Gore,found the pic of uncle Al on the job,talented bloke,awhile back built himself a beaut Triton.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Thread Information