Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pumping up tyres?

Bike
    bandit
    I try to use Z stations as I've found that, generally, they have the flexi pipes with the small clip-on coupling on the end that fits into the front and rear wheels ...

The other stations have the short length of silver pipe on the end .. these are actually flexible and can be bent so they fit onto the valves ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Red-shifted GT250R
    One of these in the shed fixes most issues quickly. It's much easier to use than the pumps at most garages and I can wear shop gloves to keep me hands clean.

http://www.torpedo7.co.nz/products/T...-hp-floor-pump

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    I got fed up replacing foot pumps (which seem to have a life time measured in months) and bought one of these for the sole purpose of pumping the car and bike tyres.

https://www.bunnings.co.nz/ozito-oil...-5hp_p00318050

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bike
    MT-10
    You dont need a fancy foot pump a good pressure gauge with bleed valve is key.

I use a $10 foot pump from kmart give the tyres a good few pumps then use my accu gauge to get a reading and use the bleed valve to get proper pressure. The pump also has a gauge but its shit.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    I use an AccuGage pretty much like the one in the picture. That button is handy.

Accu Gage also make a digital gauge but I've seen them in dealers here for $90.00. You can find the same thing on E Bay for between US$5.00 and $15.00. Somebody here was seriously taking the piss.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iu.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	322829  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post

I use a $10 foot pump from kmart give the tyres a good few pumps then use my accu gauge to get a reading and use the bleed valve to get proper pressure. The pump also has a gauge but its shit.
    Me too. If pressures are meant to be cold there is no point riding to a petrol station to check on their equipment, if you can get it to fit. I have a twin barrel sub $20 foot pump and a decent dial gauge. Pump, test, pump a bit more.

Bike
    95 honda cbr900rr 05 zx6rr 89gsxr750
    Next time you get new tyres get right angle alloy valve stems fitted , cost about $50 but look blingy and make life easy

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by release_the_bees View Post
    I got fed up replacing foot pumps (which seem to have a life time measured in months) and bought one of these for the sole purpose of pumping the car and bike tyres.

https://www.bunnings.co.nz/ozito-oil...-5hp_p00318050

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Yip got a 2hp compressor and air hose with the tyre gauge as below.

Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I use an AccuGage pretty much like the one in the picture. That button is handy.

Accu Gage also make a digital gauge but I've seen them in dealers here for $90.00. You can find the same thing on E Bay for between US$5.00 and $15.00. Somebody here was seriously taking the piss.
    I bought a non digital one from Repco, the price was minimal (can't remember) but nowhere near $90. Might have been $12-15?

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

Thanks pritch, that gauge looks the bees knees.

Thread Information