Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gear for women in Auckland?

Bike
    Currently shopping

Gear for women in Auckland?

So I'm really new to all this, does anyone know where in Auckland sells good womens gear?

Bike
    TF125
    Motomail if you've got plenty of money. Boyds in Hamilton is pretty good too.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Go see Leslie at Blue Moon Leather in Firth Street Drury. What she ahsn't got she can make.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtoride View Post
    So I'm really new to all this, does anyone know where in Auckland sells good womens gear?
    before you buy any gear, the 'web' is your friend. There are sites that go into the effectiveness of different materials from Cordura to leather, and how good they are.
    It's surprising how often we are sold '600 denier' gear, when the real good stuff should be 900. Or have a 'double layer' at critical places.
    One thing some of them pick up on is 'SEAMS' on jackets and pants. Type of seam, and also where they are on the gear. Example, you dont want a seam that runs right down the middle of the back of your jacket.
    Women's gear is often 'shaped' = more panels = more seams. Also often 'look' over function. Frequently see these 'fashion' bike jackets that are cut to fit above the hips.. will leave a nice gap between pants and jacket bottom if you slide down the road.

get good gear straight off the bat... saves a lot of tears later on.
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    suzuki
    you may want to elaborate, road gear dirt gear etc, also are you a relativley normal shape that would fit mid range sort of stock or have slightly harder to cater for dimensions.

Bike
    Currently shopping
    Ok, thanks for all the advice. I want to go feel/see/try on in person before I make any decisions, I am very much interested in safety first over fashion. My skin is rather essential... I'm looking for dirt bike and road gear (just have to slowly get things as I can afford) Cheers for the store and contact names

Bike
    Currently shopping
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    you may want to elaborate, road gear dirt gear etc, also are you a relativley normal shape that would fit mid range sort of stock or have slightly harder to cater for dimensions.
    Really normal size 8 - 10 with boobs lol

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Well played, Jelly. Well played.

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    If you're on a budget then Motomail probably won't be the best option, but feel free to have a look, see how far your money goes. Cheaper gear won't fit as nicely, but will cost less. Cycletreads may have a selection at lower prices. Also consider TradeMe for jacket, pants, boots etc, but I'd always suggest a brand new properly fitting helmet (which should be snug).

Different brands will cater for different shapes. Rev'it for example is a European cut, so taller and thinner than say, an American brand for shorter and rounder. Being a normal size will definitely make it easier on the wallet not to mention easier to find stuff that fits.

Also poke your head into Biker Angels for advice on places to shop, which brands suit what shape etc: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/fo...9-Biker-Angels
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Go see Leslie at Blue Moon Leather in Firth Street Drury. What she ahsn't got she can make.
    I need some leather undies, would she need my measurements?

Bike
    Kawasaki H2A 1973
    I have some NOS 2-piece women's leathers if you are interested. Size 48 Euro. Made in Switzerland, no race armour but a well made road set. $200 incl postage to your door. Obviously as brand new condition. Leathers located in Christchurch at present
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IXS1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	323467   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IXS2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	323468   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IXS3.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	323469  

Bike
    a Blue one
    Techmoto Accessories in Kingsland have a good range of female shaped and sized gear that have Hi-Viz areas.

Bike
    suzuki
    is lol a sign for someone that's had a masectomy or what? that might make it harder

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    I need some leather undies, would she need my measurements?
    Well me ol mate, I'm not sure even lesley has enough HIDE to do your under garment requirements.lol. But she is extremely good at making gear, fixing gear and helping you to sort out what you need/want.
    Some second hand gear for sale too.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Thread Information