Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    can't it,
    Have you been to a Moto GP round Spyda?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    world champion? the first and only current world champion to my knowledge is Tim Reeves,
    Hugh Anderson?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Have you been to a Moto GP round Spyda?
    no I haven't Pete, not a two stroke fan but wanted to get there before they went, but didn't, and now i find myself at late teens numbers of nz events each year that i struggle for time to get to one, been to PI for posties and superbikes more than once so want to go elswhere. There's a big question here, you yourself went to one at PI last year of the one before and the closest races by far were the local superbikes, but you were off at the hotdog stand, your choice totally. What's the best racing, the fastest, the biggest hype the most backing in like motards? for years the highlight of the day at the cemetery circuit was Wills old trumpy sidecar, yet they were one of the slowest, but the average joe could relate to it, not the skilled set up after laps passes etc.

I went to the melbourne cup once, the feature race was so much bigger than the others, but they wee still brown horses doing the same shit all day long, good time to go and rip off a car or sneak in behind a bar and steal some piss though...

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    most of you guys have probably read this, but thought it was worth pasting in here.

http://www.maddixpark.co.nz/articles...e-decades.html

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Hugh Anderson?
    pretty sure Hugh didn't race back in new zealand during the years that he was world champion, he placed at the cemetery circuit in 1961 the only time he did in the sixties,
    i'd be happy to be put right on this, that's how we learn shit

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    pretty sure Hugh didn't race back in new zealand during the years that he was world champion, he palced at the cemetery circuit in 1961 the only time he did in the sixties,

Interesting, The article says he won here in 61 and 62, then a works rider in 63 with the two GPs won out of his four and returned to Wanganui again in later years.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    Interesting, The article says he won here in 61 and 62, then a works rider in 63 with the two GPs won out of his four and returned to Wanganui again in later years.
    my fuck up, had put control f into my search and boundary road in my hand as well, yip that's correct, he won his championships in 63-4 &5
    he came back and raced later on, but not as current world champion, by placed i was a bit flippant, he did win in 61

Bike
    husaberg
    pretty sure Hugh didn't race back in new zealand during the years that he was world champion, he placed at the cemetery circuit in 1961 the only time he did in the sixties,
    As far as I know when he retired from GP
    Effectively a the time Suzuki Honda and Yamaha all pulled out of GP's
    Suzuki also weighed him prior to a gp in 1965 and found out his secret.... he was far to heavy a 11 stone Also too tall at 5-9.
    He then went straight into scrambles in England. He was selected (but did not ride)for the English motor x de-nations team
    He also developed a Suzuki motor X bike for the factory. Raced grass track at the same time over their as well
    Likely Not a lot of people know that after his battle of the twins exploits on the Mcintosh Vincent he was later the Works rider for the First Vee Two Alchemy racer and all this time would only ride on treaded tires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    As far as I know when he retired from GP
    Effectively a the time Suzuki Honda and Yamaha all pulled out of GP's
    Suzuki also weighed him prior to a gp in 1965 and found out his secret.... he was far to heavy a 11 stone.
    he went straight into scrambles in England. he was selected (but did not ride)for the English motor x de-nations team
    He also developed a Suzuki motor X bike for the factory.
    Likely Not a lot of people know that after his battle of the twins exploits on the Macintosh Vincent he was later the Works rider for the First Vee Two Alchemy racer and all this time would only ride on treaded tires.
    i didn't know a lot about the finer points of racing when i was a lot younger but recall heading down to the Gracefield and among other classes was the BOT (battle of the Twins) really just a glorified classic race or similar. there was one rider right from the start at the hairpin who was picture perfect, every lap just spot on on an old matchy os similar, every one else had a differnet line every lap till they settled down, it was Hughy, i can still visualise how much superior he was to this day.
    it's McIntosh too, spell it that way and you'll find ,lollies and raincoats.

Bike
    husaberg
    i didn't know a lot about the finer points of racing when i was a lot younger but recall heading down to the Gracefield and among other classes was the BOT (battle of the Twins) really just a glorified classic race or similar. there was one rider right from the start at the hairpin who was picture perfect, every lap just spot on on an old matchy os similar, every one else had a differnet line every lap till they settled down, it was Hughy, i can still visualise how much superior he was to this day.
    it's McIntosh too, spell it that way and you'll find ,lollies and raincoats.
    Whoops spelling Yeah he's always been ultra smooth the few times I have ever seen him ride. It really stands out with the classey riders. Also effortless and incredibly humble, modest to boot.
    I forgot to mention he was the official Suzuki rider chosen that launched the RGV250 in the UK.
    Not his best day though he dropped it and blotted his copybook a bit I think broke an arm or something it almost ruined his UK classic season that year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Various things
    no I haven't Pete, not a two stroke fan but wanted to get there before they went, but didn't, and now i find myself at late teens numbers of nz events each year that i struggle for time to get to one, been to PI for posties and superbikes more than once so want to go elswhere. There's a big question here, you yourself went to one at PI last year of the one before and the closest races by far were the local superbikes, but you were off at the hotdog stand, your choice totally. What's the best racing, the fastest, the biggest hype the most backing in like motards? for years the highlight of the day at the cemetery circuit was Wills old trumpy sidecar, yet they were one of the slowest, but the average joe could relate to it, not the skilled set up after laps passes etc.

I went to the melbourne cup once, the feature race was so much bigger than the others, but they wee still brown horses doing the same shit all day long, good time to go and rip off a car or sneak in behind a bar and steal some piss though...
    Mate...sorry, but I'm struggling with that post.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Mate...sorry, but I'm struggling with that post.
    it was beer oclock so talking shorthand by then, no pete haven't been to a GP

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    can't it, except for the hype we had two races at last years nzsbk with 3 thousandths of a second between first and second, and several over the last four years tat have been tighter, i remember at taupo we had two riders for about ten laps on the same thousandth of a second, and another 1 thousandth's off. I'll shout you a ticket to the Cemetery circuit this year Gary and then you can tell us after how it was.
    yip the malboro series in terms of big names was great, but the twenty lap races rather than the more shorted races in a day have to be better entertainment???
    the motogp is the highlight to most, but there is way better racing in moto 2 and moto 3 so it's in the eye of the beholder
    Back now after a rest,us Pensioners need that.
    I think I see your angle Spyda,family entertainment with close racing ?Appreciate that.
    My first Motogp,I had waited 40 yrs to see,my heart was racing and I had a tear in the eye.
    It had such an affect I have been doing it 12 yrs.(at great cost I might ad.)

I'm the sort that would rather have a go than watch others, but thanks for the offer.
    That's the trouble as I see it.Average joe's having fun.Even I can do that.
    But its our sport isn't it .

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Back now after a rest,us Pensioners need that.
    I think I see your angle Spyda,family entertainment with close racing ?Appreciate that.
    My first Motogp,I had waited 40 yrs to see,my heart was racing and I had a tear in the eye.
    It had such an affect I have been doing it 12 yrs.(at great cost I might ad.)

I'm the sort that would rather have a go than watch others, but thanks for the offer.
    That's the trouble as I see it.Average joe's having fun.Even I can do that.
    But its our sport isn't it .
    i do want and need to go to a motogp, time and coin when self employed is a headache but less now that i've established my business, plus as said don't want to go to PI really, so that makes it a little harder, what's worse for me is with ray whitham falling off his perch last year we're a commentator short in nz, and they aren't coming through so i've ended up doing a fair bit of his meetings,

Bike
    Exercycle
    There is a basic problem which I think we all recognise - the best of the best, riding the best, don't always produce the best racing...

And from a factories point of view, total dominance is the aim....not entertainment.

Spyda, surely Chas Mortimer was a reigning World Champ when he rode at wanga ?
    Hugh came home with a 125 in '61 and was unbelievably fast on it. Ran away from Tommy McC on a VERY good manx at Wigram.
    Works bikes 1st and 2nd there - Ginger had a works 250 bultaco here. So quickest circuit in NZ and it was 125, 250,500, LOL....

Thread Information