Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to the Future

Bike
    Its a Boat

Back to the Future

Somewhere between Taumaranui and Tauranga today (apart from standing in the snow) we bought a bike. I have been waiting for a big torquey road bike to catch my attention for under $5K and here it is NEDWN VIII. It's in very good nick for it's age. Thanks to buddy Mike from the BOP who checked it out last weekend for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160731_164323[1].jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	854.0 KB 
ID:	323427  

Bike
    Sold
    Great choice Mark, classic, elegant lines I'd happily own one.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Cheers Geoff, I was going to flick the Conti's on it but I will see what I think when I ride it home next Sunday, we are working in TGA for the week.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    looks very clean!Roads round Mangakino may require some post ride effort!

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    looks very clean!Roads round Mangakino may require some post ride effort!
    Last week we went to Taumaranui to work, so went through Bennydale and turned left at Waimiha.. had used that road a couple of years ago on the bikes and it was fine, not so much in a car. Logging trucks are working through there at the moment and subsequently chewing up the road somewhat. It's not really wide enough for trucks that size, at one point, 40 ton of Kenworth had it's right wheels just in our lane which was kind of a hairy moment.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Love those big 'Nakeds' . Look like a real mans bike,at home amongest the Kenworths

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Last week we went to Taumaranui to work, so went through Bennydale and turned left at Waimiha.. had used that road a couple of years ago on the bikes and it was fine, not so much in a car. Logging trucks are working through there at the moment and subsequently chewing up the road somewhat. It's not really wide enough for trucks that size, at one point, 40 ton of Kenworth had it's right wheels just in our lane which was kind of a hairy moment.
    We went down that road on our first Grand Challenge 1000 miler in 1996. Forever etched in my memory on account of a bloody huge Captain Cooker strolling down the middle of the road and bikes going in all directions taking avoiding action

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Love those big 'Nakeds' . Look like a real mans bike,at home amongest the Kenworths
    There's a guest here at the Motel that has owned two, and a ZRX. Think I'll search TM for a KW emblem or one of those Mack dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    We went down that road on our first Grand Challenge 1000 miler in 1996. Forever etched in my memory on account of a bloody huge Captain Cooker strolling down the middle of the road and bikes going in all directions taking avoiding action
    No real straight bits through there to speak of, I guess happening upon a animal would come as a great surprise for both you and said pig.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    That brings to mind a funny scene,early 70's fanging up a fire trail behind my folks house in Stokes valley early one morning.
    Round a bend and into a group of 6 to 8 wild pigs,revving the little SL125 I was on,I had to toot the horn to get them to move on. The SL was so quiet they hadn't heard me coming?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    That brings to mind a funny scene,early 70's fanging up a fire trail behind my folks house in Stokes valley early one morning.
    Round a bend and into a group of 6 to 8 wild pigs,revving the little SL125 I was on,I had to toot the horn to get them to move on. The SL was so quiet they hadn't heard me coming?
    Hahaha! Pigs can be funny buggers eh? The one we saw didn't seen to give a toss about us being there. On the 309 dirt Road near where we live now, there's an eccentric guy who feeds the local wild pig population. On any given day, there are a couple of dozen of them wandering about on the road, taking no notice of anyone.

Bike
    ZZR 1100
    Somewhere between Taumaranui and Tauranga today (apart from standing in the snow) we bought a bike. I have been waiting for a big torquey road bike to catch my attention for under $5K and here it is NEDWN VIII. It's in very good nick for it's age. Thanks to buddy Mike from the BOP who checked it out last weekend for me.
    Nice bike. I have had several bike Suzies over the years. Very reliable. Considered getting another but settled on a ZZR1100 D1 which is being restored now.

I was a motorcycle courier way back when and I ran a GSX1100...couldnt kill it. You should get a long life out of it with regular servicing

Bike
    R100GSPD
    I was thinkin more of recycled grass

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob

The worst thing I ever hit in my truck was a large pig while coming down the para para in a fully loaded Ford D600 , some how I ended up facing back towards Raetihi. They are similar to driving over a two foot thick tree stump.

Bike
    '03 FXD
    Looks like an excellent buy for under 5K Maha.I.too am a fan of the big nekkids.Just scored a '81 GSX11.
    Speaking wild pigs had one trot across the road in front of me on the National Park Road.Saw him coming down the hill beside the road so had plenty of time to slow dow.He couldn't have given a toss and I was on my harley!Probably thought I was just another hog from his pack.
    Never too old to Rock n Roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got miserly tourettes and I don't give a fuck.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Noice bike there Maha, nearly as clean and tidy as your last one. Enjoy guys.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Thread Information