Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back to the Future

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Highish Ks for that good price - not that it matters on those oil boilers..gonna need to buy a 5tl oil pack for that donk, oil cooler lines easy to crack open when its time to change slippery stuff.

Hagons on the back ? Popular choice when the old ones gave up and leaked or the 3way XJR ohlins (sticker engineering-as SV boy says) should be sweet.

Id recommend original GSX1400 rear indicators to replace those hard for others to see shitter ones on there, or Gen 1 Busa rears.

Bar end mirrors will greatly decrease turbulence and noise - well it did for me and 3 other 1400 owners I ride with.

My 2c

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Rear vision is of the normal low standard ....as 'being standard' would suggest, but an easy fix. Oil and filters are being done this week (full service) as are the fork seals, it is 14 years old and they were showing signs of needing to be done.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Hahaha! Pigs can be funny buggers eh? The one we saw didn't seen to give a toss about us being there. On the 309 dirt Road near where we live now, there's an eccentric guy who feeds the local wild pig population. On any given day, there are a couple of dozen of them wandering about on the road, taking no notice of anyone.
    Went thru there with a bunch of adv guys early this year and the warning signs were spot on! Luckily the weather was so shit we were going slow enough for it to not be an issue. Is that road always that cut up? I blew both front fork seals, right at the start of a 3000km jaunt!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Went thru there with a bunch of adv guys early this year and the warning signs were spot on! Luckily the weather was so shit we were going slow enough for it to not be an issue. Is that road always that cut up? I blew both front fork seals, right at the start of a 3000km jaunt!
    Here's a photo I took last year of all the pigs wandering about on the Coromandel end of the 309 road and that was only about a quarter of them! The little wooden scooter in the foreground is part of another story!!

Sorry to hear about your fork seals. The 309 Road is only graded a couple of times a year so the weather plays a big part with respect to road condition. The biggest risk is bloody tourists who don't know how to drive on narrow dirt roads. Chances of ending up as a bonnet ornament are quite high. Riding up the coast road north of Colville to Fletchers Bay is much better. Road is graded regularly on account of the farms, walkways and DOC camping sites up there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	309 Road.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	657.2 KB 
ID:	323618  

Thread Information