Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Honda Fireblade - do I have water in the tank?

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

eek

Quote Originally Posted by IronPawz View Post
    As for the bike another over two hours of riding with no more glitches. I've replaced the bulb and it seems fine. So for now I just ride on.
    I will however after reading this put say half a cup of meths through from time to time. Seeing as I now have a new bottle and all. As I rode with it down my jacket half way home I though, be extra good not to crash today (though the times I have done this with glass bottle of vodka made me think this even more so). Vodka bottle would be some pretty nasty accident companion (probably sterilise things well though).
    Noo you piss head lol i carried a bottle milk in my back back was coming back to holiday house parents rented in the sounds had to travel on the

anikawa road its like the port hills x 10 goes for miles . and way was half asleep . not concetrating all though i thought i was

18 years old wow .. got the front tire onto edge of the road gravel it slid i got her back on the tar it griped and flick me of .

spring up nothing like young body mine (then ) yanked bike up he gives f@## about your possible injuties as long the willie intact.)

then was white fluid driping down my face oh crap it must be brain injury after taken helmet of (shit you going have feild day with this)

phew i realised mum got me to get shoping thats why i was on this trip.

Nothing you mate if bottle sliped you do handstand of the handle bars to save the vodka .

yeah bad idea to have loose items on you its distration and they never good . exp guy from Anza ended up hitting back trailer

and set the trailer on fire and killed himself in the process count t0 3 seconds and thats all take and your history.

Bike
    Blog Entries

Smile

Right a wee bit (half as much as water) seemed to mix with half the water and sit on top but twice the amount as the water mixed both even like. So.. What is it like in petrol because I would think it needs to mix well in which case less would be available to find the water at the bottom. If the meths went to the bottom it would not help. So it would seem something like a cup full to a full tank to clear out little water (that line under the pipes that feed out petrol) might make sense but a few cap full in a full tank to clear out a few cap full or water would seem a stretch. I'd have to play about with more including some petrol but that would take more than my glass some meths and some water.

Still interesting test. Now what to do with the result? Sock in some paper and put it in the fire see what it does...

Interesting it burns absolutely fine. I think alcohol needs to be more like 60% to burn cleanly (not that my test was perfect) very interesting. Good suggestion.
    i know its a shit to take pannels of and then the tank but might be easier just remove the dummy tank and take petrol tap of

and just empty the thing i can do this if you like and blow the comprssed air though the tank or if your at home just let evaporate out in the sun.

be carefull its the fumes not the lquid that is dangerous to have spark or static or god forbid open flame

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    i know its a shit to take pannels of and then the tank but might be easier just remove the dummy tank and take petrol tap of

and just empty the thing i can do this if you like and blow the comprssed air though the tank or if your at home just let evaporate out in the sun.

be carefull its the fumes not the lquid that is dangerous to have spark or static or god forbid open flame
    There's no tap. Fuel pump has to be taken out the bottom. Fucken stupid Hondas.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    On my GSXR the drain hose under tank cap is blocked. If left parked outside in decent rain the water collects and sits.
    Doesn't enter your tank though until you open the cap and give it a chance to get past seal. Of course your not always looking directly at the cap so took me awhile to trace a similar fault.
    After that I just put a plastic bag underneath an old tank bag when leaving it outside for long periods.

(yes I know I could fix this with blast of compressed air in hose)

Injected bike seems to cope with water though, had same ina carby four cylinder years ago and it barely ran at all.

Also once had a defective poorly fitting plug cap that gave similar random symptons to water in the tank
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    There's no tap. Fuel pump has to be taken out the bottom. Fucken stupid Hondas.
    geez thats a improvment over my old dungers Hondas not. so pump direct to the tank that does seem werid.

Still i surpose where the tank is access to res main off whould be a pain in the butt.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    On my GSXR the drain hose under tank cap is blocked. If left parked outside in decent rain the water collects and sits.
    Doesn't enter your tank though until you open the cap and give it a chance to get past seal. Of course your not always looking directly at the cap so took me awhile to trace a similar fault.
    After that I just put a plastic bag underneath an old tank bag when leaving it outside for long periods.

(yes I know I could fix this with blast of compressed air in hose)

Injected bike seems to cope with water though, had same ina carby four cylinder years ago and it barely ran at all.

Also once had a defective poorly fitting plug cap that gave similar random symptons to water in the tank
    yeah never had injected bike no dicking around with choke always right idle must be good. injected under so many psi

whould do that . intresting info thanks

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    geez thats a improvment over my old dungers Hondas not. so pump direct to the tank that does seem werid.

Still i surpose where the tank is access to res main off whould be a pain in the butt.
    It's hardly unique to honda to have the pump within the tank. I think it is a matter of space on a lot of new bikes - there is a shit load of plumbing etc all crammed into as little space as possible.

Bike
    2015/18 Blade, 81 Katana, KR150R
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass View Post
    Yes, you could distill off the methanol. Not sure about the dye that they also add to mark it as poison.

Your comments about what mix will burn is also the derivation of the term "proof spirit". Back in the day when sailors were issued a daily tot of rum, the captain was also responsible for the ships accounts. If he watered the crew's rum, he then had extra to sell on the side for a nice little earner. However, the crew devised a test - if the rum was poured on gunpowder and the gunpowder still burned, the rum was deemed proof spirit.

Proof spirit (or 100 proof as we call it today) turns out to be 50% ethanol.

I missed Madness' hint about "good oil" completely - thick as 2 short planks it seems and a chemical engineer to boot. No hope for me at all.
    Right 50% will burn very good. I guess at around $10 for a liter of ethanol so pure I'm surprised it isn't distilled and called something like purple death, actually I remember there is already a purple death... coincidence? What have I been drinking in my youth!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    You clean your mirror with cannabis oil?
    When you put it like that it is no bloody wonder I cannot see behind. Must be following the first rule of Italian driving (come to think of it the revision mirrors on my past Ducati were completely pointless due to the vibrations). Canon ball run was onto something. If I remember the movie correctly "what is behind me is not important"

Bike
    The bike is more than a 1000kms since the first post now and it is good as gold. I think mostly the water just went through over some good corners and various changes in speed. Finally the meths (only did a few cap full during one fill up) probably reduced anything remaining. I've had the bike well over and pushed it up and down speed wise with no further signs.

So it likely just built up or I had a bad fill (or little of A and B) and now back to good.

Bike
    a fucking hornet
    The bike is more than a 1000kms since the first post now and it is good as gold. I think mostly the water just went through over some good corners and various changes in speed. Finally the meths (only did a few cap full during one fill up) probably reduced anything remaining. I've had the bike well over and pushed it up and down speed wise with no further signs.

So it likely just built up or I had a bad fill (or little of A and B) and now back to good.
    did you try mix some meths with water in a glass??

plastic fabricator/welder here if you need a hand ! will work for beer/bourbon/booze

come ride the southern roads www.southernrider.co.nz

Bike
    Blog Entries
    When you put it like that it is no bloody wonder I cannot see behind. Must be following the first rule of Italian driving (come to think of it the revision mirrors on my past Ducati were completely pointless due to the vibrations). Canon ball run was onto something. If I remember the movie correctly "what is behind me is not important"
    while you at take the brake light bulbs just waste of current lol did i see today i was in my green pirimera you where on yellow and black

blade thought going to city honda going over the rangi bridge , why you just hold front axle with your hands nearly bent over there.

man up hehe save on front tire tread do wheelies as much as possible . my freaking honda vfr got a new battery and draining it again

piece of S@## opps lovley bike mind you got great power in mid oh feels like tractor lovley oh to be back two on 2 wheels

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    while you at take the brake light bulbs just waste of current lol did i see today i was in my green pirimera you where on yellow and black

blade thought going to city honda going over the rangi bridge , why you just hold front axle with your hands nearly bent over there.

man up hehe save on front tire tread do wheelies as much as possible . my freaking honda vfr got a new battery and draining it again

piece of S@## opps lovley bike mind you got great power in mid oh feels like tractor lovley oh to be back two on 2 wheels
    Could you please slow down when typing. It's very hard to read sometimes.

A current draw when off can be a right bitch to find. Unplug the ignition switch and see if it still goes flat. If it does, the issue is the reg/rec or stator. If not...good luck.

Bike
    Blog Entries

A current draw when off can be a right bitch to find. Unplug the ignition switch and see if it still goes flat. If it does, the issue is the reg/rec or stator. If not...good luck.
    Thanks drew i try that yeah for some reason the indicators not working or the horn checked a fuse okay thinking the winker relay box.

I know if one corner not conencted you dont get that tink tink from realay box. it has running lights being usa model in the indicators.

they light when flick left right running lights go out or press the centre off both go out. think might cause a drain there. trying all that.

bloody speedo stoped working too. eveerthing was fine year ago . have been dicking around with getting farings on and taking fairing

frame of and taking headlight out as broke plastic moutning points of brand new unit agghhhh .

Yes i typye fast as used to run a bbs back before intenet. and did typying at highh school. brain cant keep upall things want to get ut

Tough to explain waht in my head ;-) thanks mate got me down yesterday can be frustrating 1 step forward ten bcck sometimes.

Had kick myself and say get with program dont cry all a solution just going F@##$ i repalced the stator and craped itself again.

I brought a powerech smart battery maintence charger pluged it in left. for hour went back bike started again easy werid.

From getting it clicking to boom starting fine seems werid i hope just reg i replaced that too. 2 years ago.

I did try fit damaged headlight and pluged in the bulbs as the bike has headlights wired always on . which is a pain if

engine not ruuning . high current draw with indicators etch too. rear indicators are not working tryed the bulbs there fine

Might be short to the frame. ? dunno going out know when can see what am doing.

Thanks mate nice to get support been prick of time last 4 years with parents both going. family dont give shit weather alive or dead.

Bike
    Blog Entries

Thanks again mate just went out with fresh eyes started with horn i did take it of so went back. switched wires around .

Boom horn works indicators are tick tick working ;-)

Also brought some CLR as been told good for cleaning carb bodys only on outside. have rince of with water.

Stuck some in a container to do another job shower head didnt work . so though i stick some chrome header nuts . left overnight.

like new still bit rust pits but look much better. must go for pushbike ride clear my head. pick up so wd 40 . as got bit to do to vfr 750.

So stuck more a challege some rusted xr exhust collets see how that goes . be slow process as not sulphric acid but dont want that

sitting around. the old coke cola used to work back in the day. think might changed that.

If you into paint striping caustic soada is what they use in oven cleaners etc prick stuff to work with gets in to cuts on you hands.

Cand leave metal to long it eats it esp some shit metal metal alloys my boss used call most car die cast shit metal . it can just pit to hell

and you have poish shit out of it , and then when electroplate it can pit and bubble crap meatl to work with used to use on early car parts.

Thread Information