Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sick of being ripped off

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by cadium View Post
    Yep, better double up on the pills. I have lived here longer than half the population and I didn't move to NZ out of personal choice. My personal opinion in New Zealand has great scenery and nature (somewhat spoiled in recent years by dairy farming), extremely poor consumer prices, atrocious education, high taxes and an economy sliding into overall poverty. I have watched as owning a family home has gone from being possible with one wage earner, to two wage earners, to not possible on two full time wages. I see the commerce commission not prevent monopolies and duopolies but actively allow them. Every year companies want more profit while supplying the same quantity of goods (or less), all the while making sure their employees don't get more than a 2% pay rise. And after all the money has been tapped out of the buying public then what? We stop buying insurance, stop buying meat and dairy because it is just too expensive. And so greed leads to economic collapse. It is already happening.
    The best thing I ever did was to get the hell out of NZ.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Steve View Post
    You're buying the wrong brand of bike!

Suzuki Boulevard M50/Intruder M800

NZ NZ$ 11.995
    US US$ 8559 NZ$ 11,743
    Australia A$ 10,990 NZ$ 11,496
    GB UKP 6,990 NZ$ 12,592

That's a spread of about NZ$ 800, and NZ is right in the middle. Australia is 10% GST, so their corrected 15% GST figure would be NZ$ 12,018

Suzuki NZ !

THIS! always loved suzuki's because of their price / support in NZ !

Bike
    S1000RR

"Tires"

Only in 'Murica.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tires.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	324061  

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Some of us might agree with you ...
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    Wow, that's NZ$

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Yep, better double up on the pills. I have lived here longer than half the population and I didn't move to NZ out of personal choice. My personal opinion in New Zealand has great scenery and nature (somewhat spoiled in recent years by dairy farming), extremely poor consumer prices, atrocious education, high taxes and an economy sliding into overall poverty. I have watched as owning a family home has gone from being possible with one wage earner, to two wage earners, to not possible on two full time wages. I see the commerce commission not prevent monopolies and duopolies but actively allow them. Every year companies want more profit while supplying the same quantity of goods (or less), all the while making sure their employees don't get more than a 2% pay rise. And after all the money has been tapped out of the buying public then what? We stop buying insurance, stop buying meat and dairy because it is just too expensive. And so greed leads to economic collapse. It is already happening.
    I don't think what you've just described is solely a New Zealand problem.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    If the retail price of any product bothers you that much perhaps you should be looking to buy a similar product that does not.

''New Zealand has great scenery and nature'' yip and it's all free.

''owning a family home has gone from being possible with one wage earner, to two wage earners, to not possible on two full time wages''
    We once owned a 300+ sq mt home, it suited us for a time while the kids were at home. Then it was just the two of us, we were working to pay the man, looking back I don't know how we managed but we did. We decided to sell up and improve our shit. Being debt free was the biggest improvement. A solution is very easy.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    I want the new Thruxton but its NZ $25,000 here and only NZ $19,844 in the US.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Yep, better double up on the pills. I have lived here longer than half the population and I didn't move to NZ out of personal choice...
    So what does this mean? - you're over 50 years old and you came here as a child with your family?

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    And yet you won't fuck off.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Some of us might agree with you ...
    Probably more than some...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    And yet you won't fuck off.
    ...Like this cunt.

Bike
    Africa Twin DCT.
    Take the new Honda Africa Twin DCT.

in Australia (basically the same shipping costs as NZ, 10%GST) it is NZ$18873. If you take the austrlia price and add 5% extra GST you get NZ$ 19533!

in New Zealand $23999 +ON ROADS. However you look at it the is more than $4000 too expensive and for what? Nothing but greedy profiteering.
    I would like to know where you can get a new Africa Twin here for that amount.
    The ride away cost was around AU$19400 for the DCT. the base model was $15000 ++
    If that is the right price that will certainly help the decision to order a 2017 model.

Edit
    Here is a post a made in April.
    I can't find the new price calculator based on postcode to see if the prices have gone down.

Quote Originally Posted by TLDV8 View Post
    It was a surprise to see they look to be cheaper here in Australia, will try and get a test ride on a DCT model.
    Have watched plenty of 'You Tube video's and it looks to be a bike perfect for the outback, dirt road or tar seal.
    AU$19440 ride away here including the high on road costs.

$16875 - Base.
    $18410 - ABS.
    $19440 - DCT - ABS
    Last edited by TLDV8; 23rd August 2016 at 15:55. Reason: Add a quote from another post.

Bike
    2013 Tiger 1050SE
    Quote Originally Posted by TLDV8 View Post
    I would like to know where you can get a new Africa Twin here for that amount.
    The ride away cost was around AU$19400 for the DCT. the base model was $15000 ++
    If that is the right price that will certainly help the decision to order a 2017 model.

Edit
    Here is a post a made in April.
    I can't find the new price calculator based on postcode to see if the prices have gone down.
    http://motorcycles.honda.com.au/Late..._now_available
    $17999 australian for the DCT

Bike
    Africa Twin DCT.
    That is the base cost, you need to add stamp duty, registration and a host of other costs.
    The $17999 becomes $19440 in NSW, a few hundred less in some other states.
    It is still a little cheaper than New Zealand as said before.

Not forgetting if you sell that DCT the new owner each time will pay 4% of the sale value in stamp duty.
    I don't think NZ has stamp duty and hope it never does.

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Yeah I know, low wages and extremely high prices. Piss poor food quality at astronomical prices (I ate like in king in the UK and Europe for a fraction of the price)
    Doesnt sound like you have any reason to stay here so why dont you fuck off and leave all that "piss poor food quality" to us that appreciate the best food in the world.

fuckin whining cunt

Thread Information