Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dinged bike got crashed into (Insurance question)

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Don't expect them to pay half the cost of a new tank. They will depreciate it and you will be lucky if you get 25% the cost of a new one.
    As for the pants, what a bunch of miserable penny pinching jew cunts! I guess it is a NZ thing.
    You don't understand how insurance works. I wouldn't expect you to, mind you, being you're fucking stupid and all.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    You don't understand how insurance works. I wouldn't expect you to, mind you, being you're fucking stupid and all.
    Do you have sand in your vagina or are you just naturally unhappy?

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Do you have sand in your vagina or are you just naturally unhappy?
    I would ask you the same thing, being you seem to bitch and moan about every. single. thing.

Bike
    A streetbike named Desire
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisSideUp View Post
    That's what I told my boss when I got to work after the accident! But he told me to put my pants back on 'cause the look was "unprofessional". Haters gonna hate.

But in all seriousness though, yeh, I might go halves on the tank. In retrospect, I agree, pictures before stitching them up, but after the crash she said she'd take full responsibility and there would be no issues and I took the liar's word for it.
    Grown-ass adult with grown-ass adult kids still trying to get out of responsibilities. Sigh...

FYI for anyone reading this in the future, ALWAYS TAKE WITNESS DETAILS, TRUST NO ONE.
    You have a motorcycle accident and still went to work?

Good luck getting a witness btw, that is one reason why many bikers get helmet cams.

Bike
    '15 Yamaha MT-07
    That's what I told my boss when I got to work after the accident! But he told me to put my pants back on 'cause the look was "unprofessional".
    Your boss clearly has no sympathy! Btw, do you use your riding pants during work?

but after the crash she said she'd take full responsibility and there would be no issues and I took the liar's word for it.
    Grown-ass adult with grown-ass adult kids still trying to get out of responsibilities. Sigh...

FYI for anyone reading this in the future, ALWAYS TAKE WITNESS DETAILS, TRUST NO ONE.
    A person's word means absolutely squat in these situations. As soon as she spoke to her insurance they would've told her NOT to ever admit/deny anything. That's insurance claiming 101. You should get as much detail as possible at the scene, even if it means recording the scene and verbal exchanges. Even get the cops involved, or at least make a police report asap.

And forget bout witnesses. Your phone/cam is your witness. These days it's becoming more and more common to see riders with a cam on their helmet.
    .. just my 2c ..

Bike
    Hyosung GT250 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by WristTwister View Post
    You have a motorcycle accident and still went to work?
    Yep, t'was but a flesh wound...

Quote Originally Posted by avimistry View Post
    Your boss clearly has no sympathy! Btw, do you use your riding pants during work?
    Word. Yeh, they're just kavlar jeans, might try slowly pushing it till I eventually end up sitting at my desk in a one piece and helmet on. But one step at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by WristTwister View Post
    that is one reason why many bikers get helmet cams.
    Your phone/cam is your witness.
    Believe it or not, it was the first time I forgot to charge the helmet cam, sucker ran outta juice as soon as I left the house. Irony.

Bike
    Predator
    I'm assuming the "unprofessional" comment from your boss was about working in your undies? My work frowns on it too, that turned it into quite a long lunch break.

Tell them you will be lodging your claim with the disputes tribunal if it's not satisfactorily resolved soon. You don't have to deal with the other driver's insurance company, your claim is against their client.

As mentioned previously you're better off cash settlement based on half a new tank, and claim new pants (along with whatever else that's damaged on the bike).

Just remove the stitches you added to the pants and take pictures then. I'd claim that besides the visible damage, they have likely been stressed in areas not identifiable from visual inspection. This is similar to the way vehicle insurance policies generally cover replacement of child car seats - even if not directly impacted.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Looks like you own a hyosung and are more than willing to admit it. Perhaps suicide would be a easier option for you than insuring a Korean failed abortion of engineering?

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reibz View Post
    Looks like you own a hyosung and are more than willing to admit it. Perhaps suicide would be a easier option for you than insuring a Korean failed abortion of engineering?
    Welcome back. I see you've been working on getting in touch with your softer, feminine inner-self these past six months you've been away. Good on you bro

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Welcome back. I see you've been working on getting in touch with your softer, feminine inner-self these past six months you've been away. Good on you bro
    I'd post on here a little more but ive been seriously busy with shit that isn't the cancer of NZ motorcycling. Nice to see you are still alive though, good cunt that you are

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reibz View Post
    Kiwibiker, the cancer of NZ motorcycling.
    Fuck, that's deep.

Bike
    '15 Yamaha MT-07
    Word. Yeh, they're just kavlar jeans, might try slowly pushing it till I eventually end up sitting at my desk in a one piece and helmet on. But one step at a time.
    Lol, bet your boss would really appreciate that.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATGATT.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	324124

Believe it or not, it was the first time I forgot to charge the helmet cam, sucker ran outta juice as soon as I left the house. Irony.
    Damn, that sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Tell them you will be lodging your claim with the disputes tribunal if it's not satisfactorily resolved soon. You don't have to deal with the other driver's insurance company, your claim is against their client.

As mentioned previously you're better off cash settlement based on half a new tank, and claim new pants (along with whatever else that's damaged on the bike).

Just remove the stitches you added to the pants and take pictures then. I'd claim that besides the visible damage, they have likely been stressed in areas not identifiable from visual inspection. This is similar to the way vehicle insurance policies generally cover replacement of child car seats - even if not directly impacted.
    Good points here, though I'd leave the stitches and explain the reason behind it. It's more than valid from where I stand.
    .. just my 2c ..

Bike
    Hyosung GT250 2010
    Lol, bet your boss would really appreciate that.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATGATT.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	324124

Good points here, though I'd leave the stitches and explain the reason behind it. It's more than valid from where I stand.
    Yeah, that's what I did and frankly if they say otherwise I wouldn't hessitate to call them out on it. Just gave them another call, apparently everything's gonna get looked at today and I'll hear from them before the end of tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Bike
    '15 Yamaha MT-07
    Yeah, that's what I did and frankly if they say otherwise I wouldn't hessitate to call them out on it. Just gave them another call, apparently everything's gonna get looked at today and I'll hear from them before the end of tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
    Just remember, she is the guilty party here and has to pay the excess. Providing she as full cover, her insurance is obligated to attend to her vehicle and yours. From your side, it's what you present and how strongly you present it. Hope it goes in your favor..
    .. just my 2c ..

Thread Information