Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dinged bike got crashed into (Insurance question)

Bike
    Hyosung GT250 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by avimistry View Post
    Just remember, she is the guilty party here and has to pay the excess. Providing she as full cover, her insurance is obligated to attend to her vehicle and yours. From your side, it's what you present and how strongly you present it. Hope it goes in your favor..
    Thanks for the advice, dude.

It's settled now, they're going with a cash settlement for everything with a depreciated value (I felt this was bs, but it wasn't enough for me to care). Thanks to everyone who helped!

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    + 1

The only thing I'd add is: if you can't afford comprehensive insurance, at least have third party

... you don't want to have an accident which is your fault in which you hit someone's new car.
    While that makes sense it wouldn't help in this situation, you would still have to deal with the other person's insurer when they are at fault and since you are not their customer they don't have to nice to you to keep your business - so they will try to fuck you over.

Get a quote from these guys before going elsewhere: http://www.kiwibike.co.nz/
    Also - never give bank or CC details to youi just to get a quote, if they say they need those details tell them to forget it then (there is a thread somewhere that gives details of issues).
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Thread Information