Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secure parking in wellington for overnight stay??

Bike
    S3

Secure parking in wellington for overnight stay??

Hi all,
    late next month I will be making the move to Nelson from Hamilton, I'm going to be taking my ute loaded up with bikes and gear and intend to spend one night in Wellington before getting the early ferry crossing the next morning.

The question is does anyone know of a hotel / motel with secure parking for my ute and bikes so I can get a good night sleep without having to worry about my gear?

Cheers
    I hate queues!!!

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    u cn prk it @ my cuzzy hemi's houz au cuz. hez legit az.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    there is a motel right att he top of Ngauraunga gorge,be an easy roll down the hill to the ferry .I think they have parks right outside the door.

http://www.capitalgateway.co.nz/

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by rc_36_rider View Post
    Hi all,
    late next month I will be making the move to Nelson from Hamilton, I'm going to be taking my ute loaded up with bikes and gear and intend to spend one night in Wellington before getting the early ferry crossing the next morning.

The question is does anyone know of a hotel / motel with secure parking for my ute and bikes so I can get a good night sleep without having to worry about my gear?

Cheers
    how tall will the ute be?

Bike
    A
    My suggestion is BK's on Petone Esplanade, park in the courtyard behind motel. Ferry is 10 mins away, or 20-30 mins in morning rush hour. And yes we've stayed there more than once...

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Presumably your hotel (being no less than four, and hopefully five star) will sort that for you? We ended up overnighting at the James Cook (entry off the Terrace) but were on bikes, not a ute with bikes n shit. Phone them up au.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The Mercure Wellington Abel Tasman is in the middle of town and had enclosed parking underneath the building. They used to let me park my bike for free but for cars etc there was a charge. Ring and check they still offer that.

The hotel is on Willis Street although access to the garage is from Dixon Street. When I was last there a local architect friend told me that secure parking was rare in Wellington.

One advantage of the Abel Tasman is that when you leave you just head down Willis St and follow your nose to the ferry terminal. Staying out of town can be a problem if it's raining, the traffic moves at about 25kph.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    Valid question, especially for downtown hotels. A sport ute like Commodore and Falcon will be around 600mm, the new utes much higher. Factor in bike and you could easily be too tall for parking garages and the like which will restrict your options.

Personally, I have a long first day, Auckland to Picton, staying there instead, catching an evening ferry. Return is another long day, Picton to Auckland, catch the first ferry up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Valid question, especially for downtown hotels. A sport ute like Commodore and Falcon will be around 600mm, the new utes much higher. Factor in bike and you could easily be too tall for parking garages and the like which will restrict your options.

Personally, I have a long first day, Auckland to Picton, staying there instead, catching an evening ferry. Return is another long day, Picton to Auckland, catch the first ferry up.
    actually we've got a spare house that's empty, FOL has dementia and doesn't want it sold, we have people staying as it keeps the insurance rate down and also people see it being used, only asked the height to fit the whole shebang in the shed....

Bike
    S3
    no to tall, Falcon ute with XT660 and a dirt bike on the back.
    I hate queues!!!

Bike
    S3
    actually we've got a spare house that's empty, FOL has dementia and doesn't want it sold, we have people staying as it keeps the insurance rate down and also people see it being used, only asked the height to fit the whole shebang in the shed....
    was kinda hoping to find something like this, don't mind putting money towards it cheers
    I hate queues!!!

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    hamilton nelson in one hit is not a big trip, and ya have three hrs to get some kip on the boat.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    hamilton nelson in one hit is not a big trip, and ya have three hrs to get some kip on the boat.
    hamilton ≠ secure parking.

pretty much the opposite. in fact.

Bike
    S3
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    Yes I would usually do it in one day no problem but I'm arriving on my birthday and I want to catch up with my girl and not be dead tired...
    I hate queues!!!

Bike
    S3
    I'll have a measure tomorrow...
    I hate queues!!!

Thread Information