Thread: Group rides this summer - Auckland

Bike
    BMW K1200S

Group rides this summer - Auckland

Now I know what you're going to say......(in a whiney voice) "there's already a section for that!"

Yea thanks for the info!

Problem is........it's dead! What's with that!

Ok so here n lies the question, is regular group rides, say on a Wednesday/Thursday after work, a thing of the past now?

Keen to meet up & take advantage of the coming summer!

My workshop (Mag & Turbo New Lynn) is flanked by gas stations & of course has a good car park for meets! If anyone is keen, come forth & let yourself be known!

PFA

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lambo C55 AMG SLK55 AMG.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	325252
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded

Bike
    Its a Boat
    There's SASS/NASS and SATNR but ATNR is no longer... once the organisers left it fell apart. Then there was Junior ATNR but that also dwindled and finally ceased. Good on you for attempting to get something started.

Bike
    BMW K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    There's SASS/NASS and SATNR but ATNR is no longer... once the organisers left it fell apart. Then there was Junior ATNR but that also dwindled and finally ceased. Good on you for attempting to get something started.
    Gidday Maha, long time no see!

Ok so SASS = South Auckland something something & NASS = North Auckland something something?
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Boob Johnson View Post

Ok so SASS = South Auckland something something & NASS = North Auckland something something?
    Both learner rides. Street Skills.

Could be interested if something pops up local.

Bike
    BMW K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Both learner rides. Street Skills.

Could be interested if something pops up local.
    Sweet. All the group riding I have done has a mix of rider skill so happy for all to come along. I always find the best system is every rider is welcome & at every turn everyone stops to re gather A) so we all stay together B) no one gets lost & C) heaven forbid if a rider goes down out of site we can sort him out ASAP!!

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Now I know what you're going to say......(in a whiney voice) "there's already a section for that!"

Yea thanks for the info!

Problem is........it's dead! What's with that!

Ok so here n lies the question, is regular group rides, say on a Wednesday/Thursday after work, a thing of the past now?

Keen to meet up & take advantage of the coming summer!

My workshop (Mag & Turbo New Lynn) is flanked by gas stations & of course has a good car park for meets! If anyone is keen, come forth & let yourself be known!

PFA

Name:	Lambo C55 AMG SLK55 AMG.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	325252
    No, no, SATNR is still ridden most Thursday nights, not always a lot of bikes, but that's been improving just quietly of late as well.
    Meet at Southern Motorway BP just before Drury off ramp at 6-6.30pm, ride off at 7pm ride fro hour an a harf or so, then top at pub, cafe, tell lies and shoot the breeze, then ride home.
    All sorts, and typers, a good run out.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Its a Boat

All you'll have to do is start a thread in Meetings stating a met point/time and perhaps and end venue to scoff a burger. You'll be surprised how it'll pan out. SASS and NASS are not what you're looking for. Daylight savings is a good time to do it. There use to be a Regular Weekend Ride but once again, the organiser left the scene and that was that.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Sweet. All the group riding I have done has a mix of rider skill so happy for all to come along. I always find the best system is every rider is welcome & at every turn everyone stops to re gather A) so we all stay together B) no one gets lost & C) heaven forbid if a rider goes down out of site we can sort him out ASAP!!
    Comes down to the ride speed, if you have fast and slow then its open to people getting lost. One rule to set unless you want it to be a L plater ride is everybody has to be able to achieve the open road speed limit. As stupid as it sounds many cant. Trying to deal with a rider that is 30kph under the limit in traffic is not fun.

Least from out west its easy to get to decent roads without being on the motorway to long. Think about how long you want to be riding, say 1.5 hours then work out a basic route and stopping point.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Still got the R1200 Ash or have you replaced it with the TL?

Bike
    BMW K1200S
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Still got the R1200 Ash or have you replaced it with the TL?
    I never owned a R1200RT, I hired that last year, did 4,000km's in 9 days two up round the south island & back up to Auckland........was pretty fricken awesome ride! I just sold my Busa & bought a TLR. Always wanted one! Have owned a TLS prior so looking forward to some summer blats out in the back blocks!

Here's a pic from that SI tour

Name:	BMW R1200RT.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	616.5 KB 
ID:	325253

Bike
    BMW K1200S
    Bump

pfa

Name:	1998 TL1000R black frame.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	325292

Thread Information