Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Invercargill Truck Museum

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi

Invercargill Truck Museum

Had a gander today at the Bill Richardson Truck Museum with my brother over from Aussie, and must say though i'm no fan of trucks, was impressed. As well the food and service in The Grille cafe, they are onto it. If your down our way worthy of checking out ( allow an hour and a half). There are a few bikes in there as well, but if the new motorcycle museum is up to this standard, buckle up boys, it will be a goody Opening November.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by granstar View Post
    Had a gander today at the Bill Richardson Truck Museum with my brother over from Aussie, and must say though i'm no fan of trucks, was impressed. As well the food and service in The Grille cafe, they are onto it. If your down our way worthy of checking out ( allow an hour and a half). There are a few bikes in there as well, but if the new motorcycle museum is up to this standard, buckle up boys, it will be a goody Opening November.
    23rd nov, motorcycle mecca is to open to the public

Bike
    GSXR1000
    That sounds like a good reason to ride down that way over summer.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    That sounds like a good reason to ride down that way over summer.
    It's Invercargill. Which day is summer happening this year?

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    23rd nov, motorcycle mecca is to open to the public
    Just back from a week in Invers. The truck museum is awesome. Next visit I'll get to the Motorcycle Mecca. If the truck museum is anything to go by it'll be even more awesomer.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    It's Invercargill. Which day is summer happening this year?
    Thursday. Between 1pm and 3pm. (Times subject to change, no guarantee of Summer is made or implied)

Bike
    WGaF, we ride all year round down here. Apart from a (usual) wee shower of rain on the 100 Plus run to Bluff on Sunday, most days since march have been awesome for riding. We just turn on wind for the Burt to ensure it is in fact a challenge and ensure eligibility to be riding a motorcycle.

Take it easy, cops are out there picking on motorcyclists (how I know this), there has been 2 fatalities too many recently, ride safe in the South.

The link for both venues, value for money www.transportworld.co.nz/

Bike
    2014 R1200 GS, 2007 DR 650
    Just back from a week in Invers. The truck museum is awesome.
    My sister-in-law applied for the manager's job there recently. She has a very strong CV and stood a good chance.
    To my shame, I haven't checked to see what the outcome was.
    I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    WGaF, we ride all year round down here. Apart from a (usual) wee shower of rain on the 100 Plus run to Bluff on Sunday, most days since march have been awesome for riding. We just turn on wind for the Burt to ensure it is in fact a challenge and ensure eligibility to be riding a motorcycle.

Take it easy, cops are out there picking on motorcyclists (how I know this), there has been 2 fatalities too many recently, ride safe in the South.
    Whenever I've been down in Invercargill I've seen tonnes of motorbikes on the roads, probably riders who have ticked off Bluff and are then heading up for their next must-do point. Great riding roads down there, on my must-do list is the ride from Dunedin to Invercargill through the Catlins (my mother was born in Owaka, pronounced O- wacker down there), the ride up through Roxburgh, Alexandra and on to Queenstown, and the ride up to Wanaka and through to Haast.

But that motorbike museum is on my list too.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Steve View Post
    Whenever I've been down in Invercargill I've seen tonnes of motorbikes on the roads, probably riders who have ticked off Bluff and are then heading up for their next must-do point. Great riding roads down there, on my must-do list is the ride from Dunedin to Invercargill through the Catlins (my mother was born in Owaka, pronounced O- wacker down there), the ride up through Roxburgh, Alexandra and on to Queenstown, and the ride up to Wanaka and through to Haast.

My annual visit to Southland is as a motorcycle Marshall for the cycle tour of Southland.

It's a great way to see the most beautiful part of NZ. I was born in Nightcaps. The roads out in Western Southland are awesome. Coffee stops are irregular but the one between Colac Bay and Tuatapere is worth a visit.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

The Catlins is a nice ride but there others too as you say. If you've got a big enough tank you could even do the Milford Road.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Coffee stops are irregular but the one between Colac Bay and Tuatapere is worth a visit.
    that would be the orepuki beach cafe, yes very good and extremely good for a meal as well. they grow all their own produce.
    I spent 5 yrs on the farm oppisite.
    awesome wee spot

you should buy the pub in nightcaps then rastus, its fer sale, always a good ride out there and a multitude of options for an alternate route home as well

Bike
    My annual visit to Southland is as a motorcycle Marshall for the cycle tour of Southland.

It's a great way to see the most beautiful part of NZ. I was born in Nightcaps. The roads out in Western Southland are awesome. Coffee stops are irregular but the one between Colac Bay and Tuatapere is worth a visit.
    Orepuki Cafe, fish pie to die for.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ... IIWII...swedes'n'all...

Bike
    It was on the good
    value for money
    Not so sure about that. Half a rainy day to kill so took the kids there. Was it $15 each for them? Can't remember but whatever it was it was too much for them to play with some shitty old Lego and look at some broken pedal cars.

As an adult it is great, world class and a must see if you like the internal combustion engine. But drop the wife and kids off to see the animals at Queens Park first.

(my mother was born in Owaka, pronounced O- wacker down there)
    How do you pronounce it anywhere else?

Thread Information