Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanting advice: Will a MC22 CBR250RR be too small for me? I'm 6'3.

Bike
    1988 M17 CBR250R Honda
    i'm 6ft, 6ft 1 in the mornings.

my mc17 cbr was okaay... little small, outside edge of my knees in the wind. its a fun bike tho. i've got fairly long legs and didnt notice a "lack" of leg room, more discomfort from trying to grip the tank with my knees and having nothing to grip on.

if you do get one, i STRONGLY recommend getting some tank grips, they'll make your life soooo much easier

Bike
    There are other kinds?
    Everyone tells new riders what to get regardless of what they may have stated they are interested in.

I suggest sitting on/riding some bikes you would not normally consider. Go to a shop. Sit on a cruiser, dual purpose, sports etc and get a feel. You may be surprised at what you like.

Go alone.
    Your expert mate is not required to bleat in your ear - unless he is as enlightened as I clearly am

As a new rider you have enough to worry about without your body crying foul due to the pretzel riding position.

Way back when I got my license I had to learn on a 250. So I had an NSR and TZR. Woohoo but they were never learner bikes. Grunty as and unforgiving twitchy wee things.

You have the luxury now of LAMS bikes. Use the force dude, look at the list and go forth young man!

However due to nostalgia I now want a 250 smoker to bend my 6"3' older frame over.
    But Ill buy a dual purpose/motard first cause the Duc didnt like being thrown around in the quake and is going away.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post

Consider the Hornet 250, it has the same size frame as the 600 from memory, or the likes of DR650.
    My workmate just bought one and I test rode it for him because hes not got licence yet.
    Im 6.4 95kg and it was far to small for me although it did go very well.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Best thing is to tell us the budget you have also. No point get recommendations on bikes costing more than you wish to spend.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Thread Information