Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acc consultation

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 1050se
    Blog Entries

Consultation

So, to clarify thoughts.
    Yes I kinda expected no more from ACC.
    My beef is that consultation requires openess to feedback and an open position. ACC clearly weren't open at all. Which makes the whole process bullshit. And unless we say so they don't even get feedback that we're onto them and pissed off.
    So I'm letting my feelings about this pr exercise be known publicly wherever I can. That's what forums are for and I'd bet ACC watch this and others.

Also, ACC do some good work for bikers, no doubt. But they also do good work for other higher risk groups without a direct tax on them as a seperate group.

Just moaning to yourself isn't ever going to acheive anything.

Keep smiling.
    Stuff everything...I've always got my bike.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I did note a few weeks ago that the warrant on my bike had expired in December '15. I had renewed it at the time but God knows where the sticker is. So if I can ride around for most of a year without a warrant unknowingly, maybe I can ride around without a rego knowingly?
    My warrant sticker disappeared a while back and last Friday, I finally got round to replacing it. On Saturday, I was taking a guy for a training ride and we got stopped at a police checkpoint just south of Pukekohe for a thorough check of everything. I had it in a plastic bag on the bike but not displayed. The cop wasn't the least bit worried that it wasn't displayed. The God of Motorcyclists was certainly looking after me

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    I had something like that pritch, got a ticket for an out of date rego label displayed. I'd got the new rego, taken the old label out, put the old label back in and thrown the new label away.

AT was understanding about it as I had the receipt for the new rego, cost $4 at VTNZ to get a new rego label. This time, they said.

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    What about the safety levy fellas--If I read this correctly they have collected $14 million plus so far,spent S2.8 million,not sure what on,to date-so what do they plan to do with the $11 million surplus?More free breakfasts for AK and CH riders,fancy bits on the Coro loop and the Rimatukas which should not be paid from this fund anyway.-Ride Forever Courses have my 100% support,but just where else can you spend that kind of surplus-questions should be asked.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tamarillo View Post
    My beef is that consultation requires openess to feedback and an open position. ACC clearly weren't open at all. Which makes the whole process bullshit. And unless we say so they don't even get feedback that we're onto them and pissed off.
    which, i can assure you, will do about as much as having a fucking lattι in devonport. (amirite fatmax?)
    So I'm letting my feelings about this pr exercise be known publicly wherever I can. That's what forums are for and I'd bet ACC watch this and others.
    yes, they'll be watching this, and others, and laughing their asses off as you plebs continue to pay them, while whining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    spent S2.8 million,not sure what on,
    Consultants and Colmar Brunton surveys. Also WRBs cos safety.

Bike
    KTM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    My warrant sticker disappeared a while back and last Friday, I finally got round to replacing it. On Saturday, I was taking a guy for a training ride and we got stopped at a police checkpoint just south of Pukekohe for a thorough check of everything. I had it in a plastic bag on the bike but not displayed. The cop wasn't the least bit worried that it wasn't displayed. The God of Motorcyclists was certainly looking after me
    So the Police in Auckland randomly stop you, because you are a motorcyclist?

I thought they couldn't stop you unless you were already suspected of a crime?

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sichoe View Post
    So the Police in Auckland randomly stop you, because you are a motorcyclist?

No, not randomly, it was a safety checkpoint in conjunction with the Waikato and Waipa District Council. They were checking all vehicles but had lots of nice free goodies for bikers. A totally pleasant experience.

Bike
    KTM
    Oh ok, cool

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Sichoe View Post
    Been watching too much foreign TV? Unless I'm mistaken that bird probably flew the coop before you were born.

When breath testing was to be introduced the Police and Transport heads and the politicians vowed nobody would ever be breath tested unless they had given cause to believe that they were driving drunk.

Not too far into the new regime it transpired that having a blown tail light bulb or similar was evidence you were drunk. Subsequent legal advice stated that they didn't need to bother with the pretence and that they could stop road users any time no problem. So they did and they still do. And it isn't just in Auckland. I've been stopped twice in recent months for breath checks.

I have also seen all traffic being stopped for warrant and rego checks - I was stopped three times in one bloody day. Actually these could be starting again soon. The last time I saw them doing this locally they were using university students - under Police supervision. The students were wearing white coats - as official as fuck. Now they'd need Hi Viz too of course.

I've also been stopped to check that I wasn't carrying an escaped prisoner, and once I was stopped because the cop thought I was somebody else. He didn't say who and I didn't ask.

You have a lot less rights than you imagine. I blame Muldoon.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

You have a lot less rights than you imagine. I blame Muldoon.
    you have the rights youre prepared to fight and argue for. I have more rights than most people cos i are number one arguey fight guy.

Thread Information