Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Steve had an off

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    ...and i shoot them if they're on my property, or actively run them over on the road.
    if you cant look after or control "your" animal, you don't deserve it.
    As I said. "My" cat is not my animal. she is free to come and go as she pleases. As is any other member of my family.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I have only intentionally wanted to kill a dog once and that was when I saw it attacking a smaller dog. In that instance the owner pulled it off in time. As for the dogs on the road they are the reponsibility of the owner to keep them on a leash if they dont want them hit. Simple as I would have thought.
    You actually wanted to kill a dog?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    As I said. "My" cat is not my animal. she is free to come and go as she pleases. As is any other member of my family.
    then i'm free to shoot it...

Bike
    Mine
    then i'm free to shoot it...
    Only as free as you are to shoot any other member of my family.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Feck how many topics can this thread cover? It's sheer brilliance.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Only as free as you are to shoot any other member of my family.
    incorrect. pest animals must be controlled.

but, if any other member of your "family" was tresspassing and hunting on my land without permission..

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Feck how many topics can this thread cover? It's sheer brilliance.
    you new here or something?

the OP is only ever a polite suggestion.

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    you new here or something?

the OP is only ever a polite suggestion.
    Or as the Marmite Jar (Actually... did that really happen or did even old people have urban legends) might have said... "A new starter for ten"

Bike
    husaberg

but, if any other member of your "family" was tresspassing and hunting on my land without permission..
    Your land....... are you actually claiming ownership of some land now.
    Because that would be funny
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Mine
    "Pest" is a very relative term. One's pest is family to another. I do understand that.

You still don't have the right to shoot them (legally or otherwise). Use of reasonable force to detain and remove from your property only.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    You still don't have the right to shoot them (legally or otherwise). Use of reasonable force to detain and remove from your property only.
    i do wonder about this "otherwise", cos i'd say in this otherwise-land, i've got the right to do whatever the fuck i want.

(and also, legally, i do. if your cat-family can't read the sign, it aint my problem)

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Steve View Post
    I haven't got the energy to keep up with this post, I'm sorry I started it.

Some interesting points have been brought up, Katman was the first to ask what my lane position was.

Normally I ride down the T3 lane in the LH wheel track on the basis that I am further away and have infintesimally longer to react to a car in the centre lane who suddenly wants to change to the T3 lane and can't be bothered either looking over their left shoulder or indicting.

At intersections I either stay where I am if there are no cars waiting to come out of the intersection or fade to the right of the lane if there are cars there and the centre lane completely blocks the intersection (no-exit side streets don't have 'keep clear' markings), again giving myself that nanosecond extra to react to the car which thinks they'll just pop out of the side street and cruise down the T3 lane a while.

In the case on Monday, I thought I had hazards on both my left (cars waiting to exit the side street) and the right (cars which might change lanes into the T3 lane or cross into the side street from the other way). I had therefore eased into the centre of the lane to give myself the maximum distance from both sides - the road was dry so I discounted any likely problem with the centre strip being oily. I had eased off the throttle and rear braked to bring my speed down, I was watching the road not my speedo but I know I'd slowed from 55 which I'd checked further up the road, and knowing my bike estimate that I was doing 40 to 45.

I cannot ride a taller bike. Well, I could, and have ridden a Honda ST1100 and a Triumph ST, but in both cases (and I rode the ST1100 for three years) I was extremely uncomfortable about my ability to stop the bike and balance it with only the balls of my feet contacting the ground. I found the discomfort about any likely stop ahead was distracting and that, when riding, knowing I would be able to put my feet securely on the ground allows me to concentrate on paying attention to my surroundings. Yes, being a little lower on a cruiser could have contributed to my off, but I was on a cruiser by choice and that's not something that could have or will change.

Please feel free to bicker and snarl at each other, I've had enough and won't be posting regularly again.

I hope someone learns something from my thread
    Did you or the pigs ever catch up with the taxi driver?

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I learnt a long time ago not to post on here about accidents you have that are no fault of your own as I got no sympathy myself. At the time i suggested a taller bike I did not know you are not tall yourself and even the tall bike I ride I would not mind if it was a bit lower. All the best.
    No, you get flayed every time you post because you are a stupid cunt with warped and retarded ideas.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Your land....... are you actually claiming ownership of some land now.
    Because that would be funny
    It's only 8sqm but it's basically made up of metal and rubber.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    It's only 8sqm but it's basically made up of metal and rubber.
    This one.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kapstadt-township-lg.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	326613  

Thread Information