Thread: Sj50qt performance upgrades

Bike
    Suzuki address way

Sj50qt performance upgrades

Hey guys just bought a 1993 suzuki address way, the bike had pretty low ks and the engine seems fine so far, I'm getting tired of only being able to sit at 50km, I've taken the exhaust off and looked for the restriction plate but it didn't seem to have one, is there anything else I can do for little to no money to be able to improve the performance of my scooter, I only weigh about 50 kilos so I'm hoping it shouldn't take alot to get it go sit around 70 or 80k's. Any help is much appreciated. Cheers

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob.mcpherson View Post
    Hey guys just bought a 1993 suzuki address way, the bike had pretty low ks and the engine seems fine so far, I'm getting tired of only being able to sit at 50km, I've taken the exhaust off and looked for the restriction plate but it didn't seem to have one, is there anything else I can do for little to no money to be able to improve the performance of my scooter, I only weigh about 50 kilos so I'm hoping it shouldn't take alot to get it go sit around 70 or 80k's. Any help is much appreciated. Cheers
    If it could do 60+ it would not be a moped so your first upgrade would need to be getting a class 6 licence.

Sent from Tapatalk. DYAC

Bike
    TF125
    Hi Jacob, welcome to KB. You should read this thread for the answers to your questions.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    just stab some holes in it with a No.2 philips

I've just derestricted my Piaggio Zip 50 - it'll do an indicated 70kph easily on the flat, and 75kph downhill with a stock truck up it's arse. The euro bikes are pretty much the same, but Jap scooters are probably different. There is a little bit of extra pipe going nowhere on the header pipe, this is the restrictor - cut it off and weld up. There could be a carb restrictor, I've left mine in because it needs a rejet if removed, and then runs like shit. Biggest thing is the variator, the variable pulley on the engine - there is a spacer here that stops the pulley going any further, removing it allows a higher gear ratio and more speed...or less revs at the same speed.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    I've just derestricted my Piaggio Zip 50 - it'll do an indicated 70kph easily on the flat, and 75kph downhill with a stock truck up it's arse. The euro bikes are pretty much the same, but Jap scooters are probably different. There is a little bit of extra pipe going nowhere on the header pipe, this is the restrictor - cut it off and weld up. There could be a carb restrictor, I've left mine in because it needs a rejet if removed, and then runs like shit. Biggest thing is the variator, the variable pulley on the engine - there is a spacer here that stops the pulley going any further, removing it allows a higher gear ratio and more speed...or less revs at the same speed.
    Who told you the pipe was a restricter? It doesn't restrict anything, and is supposed to make it go better at lower revs.

All the Euro sites on derestricting say to cut it off, apparently it limits rpm. There is controversy over the carb restrictor, but none over the exhaust polyp.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu View Post
    All the Euro sites on derestricting say to cut it off, apparently it limits rpm. There is controversy over the carb restrictor, but none over the exhaust polyp.
    Search 'exhaust boost bottle'. Think that's what they call them.

Thread Information