Thread: Timing for 250 Bandit

Bike
    VTR1000, RM 250 and a few toys

Question Timing for 250 Bandit

Right Ive got the head back now mounts welded on all ready for me to put back together. But I have one problem I need to know the timing to put itback together. Anyone have any idea how I can find out how to set it?

I have looked all over and cant find anything
    You know you had a good nite when you have to ask someone if you had a good nite.

Bike
    TLS/R
    Quote Originally Posted by poorbastard
    Right Ive got the head back now mounts welded on all ready for me to put back together. But I have one problem I need to know the timing to put itback together. Anyone have any idea how I can find out how to set it?

I have looked all over and cant find anything
    When I put my cams back in I used the diagram from the across manual.
    Mine is a '91 gsx250ssm, so should be similar to yours, but im not 100% sure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cams.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	17677  

Bike
    Thanks for that ill see if it has all the same marks etc. Hopefully it does.
    You know you had a good nite when you have to ask someone if you had a good nite.

Bike
    TLS/R
    I think our cases should be the same, though im not sure how different the heads are, as we use different head gaskets. Let me know how you get on. Ill have my fingers crossed!

Bike
    Was similar but couple of marks made me unsure so did the safe thing and took it into someone to fix. Have heard storys of ppl geting the timing wrong before and fucking the valves and didnt wana have a story to tell myself.

Bike
    TLS/R
    Mine had extra markings, but I just ignored them. Before getting carried away I carefully rotated the crank to check there was no interference.. Shame I didn't take some photos to show in situations like this.
    Did you take out the valves, check them and the seats for damage/carbon?
    When I dropped mine carbon fell into the valves - I had to clean it out as there was no compression, but now, it runs beautifuly!

Thread Information