Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Riding like a dickhead - confessions of an old biker.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    It doesn't seem unreasonable to use the advice from the older bikers who have survived to try and educate the future.

I have had many experiences when checking the (big clunky ugly) mirrors after turning on the (big clunky ugly) indicators when about to pass seeing another bike dive out of the line behind when there's an opportunity to pass.

This may be in part due to the fact that I'm so fucking slow in the first place, but I've managed to avoid getting cleaned up from behind by someone else who is taking no notice of what those in front are doing.

I'm not a fan of the ride with the group at whatever speed the leader decides it should be, more of the see you when we get there type, but equally I'll sit where I am and stay out of the way until the ones who are likely to maim me are safely up the road ahead.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Your blood should be bottled.

Oh, that's right, quite a lot of it was.
    I should've charged for it!

A lot of my friends hate the idea of getting old, I on the other hand (no pun in ten did) love it, the older I get the more I realise I have to learn.

Bike
    71 Kawasaki W1, 77 Yamaha XS650
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

Below there is a sample MOCA. There are probably big pads of these all different in detail but they seem to follow a similar format.
    ha
    ... have to say, i know, for sure, those animals arent my kids so i have no fukk'n idea what their names are - the lion could be Wally as far as i know - perhaps 'it' identifies as a bottle of water and calls himself Nestle

... the visuospatial is more an IQ mindbender ... 1A2B3C4D5E
    ... draw a clock ... as what? 12hr/24hr/analogue/digital/am/pm?

... as for abstraction - finding the similarities between words - they dont stipulate whether as nouns or verbs or ...

libtards
    Be who you are and say what you feel cos those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    This is a bit of a puzzle to me. For once I wouldn't disagree with the Police that speed was a factor. Apparently alcohol wasn't a factor because the police had been speaking to him only minutes prior. It's a big bike (a BMW inline four?) so presumably he's an experienced rider.

If you watch the associated clip until the end the crash was captured on a security camera. Even in slow mo it's quick. I think the speed limit there is 60kph.

https://www.thepost.co.nz/nz-news/35...ymouth-highway
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)
    "We need a speed camera here"
    moments later...
    "The police just minutes ago gave him a ticket for speeding, he obviously didn't listen"

Put in some speed bumps, there are other options than a camera. Getting a ticket obviously wasn't going to change his behaviour. Also, if that's a car yard, is that a dealership, and if it's cost him $80,000, why hasn't he invested in a barrier or requested the council install one?

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    That sort of crash should be excluded from statistics and just filed under utter stupidity.
    Our local rag has also a recent high speed crash from Saturday. Its happened well inside a 50 mph area where there might also be 30 roadworks signs. An open road level of damage has occurred with one car head on. Police are said to have clocked him at 130k on outskirts of town, presumably in the 100k area. There’s nowhere to hide so likely travelling at excess through 70 and 50 before crashing about 1-2km from where cops sighted.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016
    Ah Mr R650R....I think I can guess your locale.

I read the crash report and immediately felt some cliched thoughts pop into my head such as the drivers age, gender and narcotic contents of his blood.

That qualifies as reckless stupidity that endangers anyone nearby or on the road.

I ride along there quite often.

Bike
    It was on the good

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Only 170 must have been stuck in 2nd gear. You do have to laugh at the impound part. It’s bit inconsequential when he’s prob got 28days instant disqualification and will be in court before that finishes for a much larger disqualification period.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoonicorn View Post
    Put in some speed bumps, there are other options than a camera. Getting a ticket obviously wasn't going to change his behaviour. Also, if that's a car yard, is that a dealership, and if it's cost him $80,000, why hasn't he invested in a barrier or requested the council install one?
    Speed bumps would have just given him more air time Looks like the dealer does have bollards (well, square metal sunk into the ground), but by some miracle he missed every one of them (solid odds that if he did hit one, it would have cleaved him in half). No point offering advice to this knucklehead... just, "Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"

Much like dog ownership. No point putting in tighter rules if the owner didn't bothering registering the dog before... just the law abiding people getting impacted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Thread Information