Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Suzi GSX250

Bike
    GSXR 250
    i have buy gsx250 but what kine of this machine version of gsx250.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2_Suzi_1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	66872  
    Safety Rider.. and good vorijjer
    journey with your heart..
    www.7gear-road.com

Bike
    02' ZX6R
    The GSX250 was my first bike and I was quite happy about it. Yes it was heavy for a 250 and maybe it wasn't that fast but man could you thrash it! I am happy that was my first bike. I suggest removing the gear indicator as I relied on mine too much and the bulbs keep blowing anyway.
    Need something to do when not riding??? Come and learn to dance with us at www.cerocstars.co.nz

Bike
    1996 GSXR750 SRAD
    I sold my GSX250 after 2 weeks of learner riding...its easily to get bored with...then I got my cbr250rr

Bike
    Several
    FUCK i just wrote bout 2 pages on my GSX250, clarification of models and what goes wrong withe them, comparisons to other 250s I know well and... Poo bugger bum fart wees It took so long I got auto logged out and pressed the back button 2 much and lost it all!
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Several
    Ok here goes trying again, Prob broken into smaller chunks tho!

First, the confusion over models

The current GSX250 is the "Invader" This will be what the 2004 one

250 oilcooled twin, monoshock rear. the one most of us here know as a GSX250.

Its the fat bitch one, 179 dry by my manual, but could very well be 186 or whatever.

There was an old one, probably this "thunder"
    one 250 Aircoold twin with Dualshock rear end.

Also There has been the GSX250 KATANA, don know if sold new in NZ but I have seen them here. 4cyl Watercooled (maybe GSXR250 based) Twinshock KATANA style frame and fairing.

There was also the GSX250 "Across" another 4cyl watercooled with monoshock rear. It had an awesome helmet holder luggage compartment where the fuel tank normally sits, and tank I think was below seat. Very Close To Late 80's steel frame GSXR250.

I think bandit 250s are GSF250. Also often confused with GSX250s
    They are tubeframe naked with another version of the Waterpumping 250 4.
    Used as stressed member so the head has mounting lugs and also has different inlet/carb setup for more naked style power delivery.
    Later models 40hp restricted. There are very new ones of these hanging about.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    The best new 250 on the market is the Honda VTR250, without doubt or even a close second! There are some grey import versions around that have a tach. In the second-hand market go for a Spada or a Yamaha Zeal (I have a Zeal for sale, by the way...). Don't believe me, Google them and see the reviews for yourself. My Zeal eats GSX250s, and that's with 100+kg of me on board!
    How much do you think a Honda Spada with kms in the high 30k range is worth?

Bike
    Several
    If you do get a GSX 250 go for 15 tooth front sprocket and they sound good with an unrestricted exhaust. My best one Is 1145mm Long...
    All bikes are a compromise with price, intended fuction and style/consumer preference.

I Recommend a GSX250 over other bikes if you are huge and/or intend chalking up lots and lots of kilometers.

Ive done 1000km days on mine more than once.

That seat does soften up!

thay are not all that slow, mine at the sprints managed 15.75 standing 1/4 and 161.85km flying quarter (top speed) with a 15 tooth front sprocket more open exhaust and no mirrors.

They are happy on 91 octane and I can pull 400km to a tank, not sure of volume but its about $26.

Not as nimble as a smaller 250 twin and prob not as fast but I keep up ok.

They have very learner friendly handling and respond will to being steered around corners. They are very steady and tolerent to mid corner upsets/corrections.

Hitchers got it wrong saying the VTR is the best, It is more nimble around town but the 5 speed on the current model lets it down on long distance.
    Also naked bike much harder work for lotsa kms.

Neither is better, just different focus.

Hyosung GTR250 is very similar to GSX but definatly slower acelleration.
    Has awesome looking twin disk front brakes tho!
    May make it stop harder, but will definatley make it stop with less lever effort and wont heat up as quick.

I have had bake fade on 6 month old brake fluid in my GSX after mega a couple of canes over the takas, but that aint exactly normal operating conditions!
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    The best new 250 on the market is the Honda VTR250, without doubt or even a close second! There are some grey import versions around that have a tach. In the second-hand market go for a Spada or a Yamaha Zeal (I have a Zeal for sale, by the way...). Don't believe me, Google them and see the reviews for yourself. My Zeal eats GSX250s, and that's with 100+kg of me on board!
    I bet you a dozen beers I can get a better stopwatched laptime at a manfield trackday on my GSX250 than you on your Zeal, Given clean (no-one in the way) laps for both of course!
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Several
    If anyone gives a shit I can go into detail about why so invaders are so heavy, origins, and lots of other shit, ask and I dont mind carrying on, otherwise I cant be arsed.

If you want to know in ages time from now make sure you quote me so I know and get a buzz about it.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    I've ridden koba's GSX and I was impressed. One of the best learner bikes I've ridden. Nice upright riding position, light handling, decent power for it's size. I'd reccomend one

Bike
    2006 Suzuki SV1000S
    I had one, sold it to a nice lady KBer, hope it's still going well.

I thought it was fine at the time, easy to learn on, didn't bite, felt pretty quick for the first 2 weeks. Once I'd gotten my licence and ridden other bikes I began to realise the limitations of it (the handling wasn't too sharp). If I could have I would have bought a VTR250 on looks alone but they were too expensive. If the money was equal I'd have gone for the Honda.

Oh yeah, the GSX mirrors are tiny! Once I had gear on my shoulders completely blocked them, had to squirm sideways to look behind me.

Nice and reliable though, didn't give me any probs in the short time I owned it.

Bike
    Several
    Tiny mirrors?!??! never ridden a GSXR 250 then? Gsx 250 has better mirrors than most I've ridden!
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    2006 ER6N
    Just got my restricted - yahoo.

I'm a commuter and own a 94 250 bandit. Enjoy thoroughly riding it but breaks down every now and then. Tried a Hyosung 250R and that was a big let down.

Looking at a '04 GSX250 for 4995 at 20K on clock, because I wanna get a newer commuter and less fuel thirsty 250cc. Any advice? How would the bandit compare with the GSX?

Bike
    2004 GSX250
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    If anyone gives a shit I can go into detail about why so invaders are so heavy, origins, and lots of other shit, ask and I dont mind carrying on, otherwise I cant be arsed.

If you want to know in ages time from now make sure you quote me so I know and get a buzz about it.
    i just got a gsx 250-feels like it weighs a ton compared to my spada, and they weigh quite a bit(168 kg)
    Why are they so heavy?is there any way to make it lighter?

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebon_legend View Post
    i just got a gsx 250-feels like it weighs a ton compared to my spada, and they weigh quite a bit(168 kg)
    Why are they so heavy?is there any way to make it lighter?
    Wow!
    Thats going back a bit now...

In short they are heavy because they are a 500.
    If you look at an old gs500e you will see that lots and lots of bits are the same.
    The new(er) gs500 thats a bit 'busa is pretty much also the same, apart from the fairing.
    The frame has an extra reinforcing bar or 2 on the 500s, the motor is obviously different but thats about it!

You will notice the front left engine mount on the gsx is even packed out to allow fitting the narrower 250 motor!

You can do heaps to make this steel beast lighter, but anything you do aswell as being time consuming and kinda tricky it will also make it weaker.

So don't bother, My bike took at least 4 highspeed knocks and survived fine! (None with me riding)My mates has been down even more that! (one with me riding ) Hes Flipped it at the traffic lights, High sided it, low sided it etc etc... And she is still ok!
    Heinz Varieties

Thread Information