Thread: Good quality Pitbikes??

Bike
    02 R1, 06 KX450F

Good quality Pitbikes??

Anyone reccommend a good value for money brand of Pit bike?? I have an China special Cheapo pitbike, and have had so much fun on it, i'm thinking about upgrading.

Ours dont have any dampining on the suspension, and i think i have almost had to fix everything on the bike at least once so far... So whats a good brand bike thats got enough power for a fatty like me (90kg) good enough suspension to handle that weight, and something reliable etc. Without going overboard? Like i would love a little KX85. Putting out 28.5 HP. But i dont really have $5500 to spend... A 125 4stroke with a 24mm carb. etc.. for around 1500 - 2000? Anyone had one of thoes EKS Pit bikes??

Cheers!

Bike
    2005 Gas Gas EC250
    If it ain't chinese it will last forever. build one of a CRF 50/70/100. here is something I posted in another post to tell you why:
    "Don't get one of these mate. they will not last the distance, I reccomend you save up and buy a real bike. the other reason is if you break it nobody will service it, as if they fix it and then it breaks down again, because of the laws in NZ they have to fix it again, so you will be turned down at most motorcycle shops."
    WM
    Wellyman

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    You can get old 80's for anywhere between 1000 - 2000 bucks. I got my old 80 from a dealer for 2200 and sold it a year and a half later for 1500 with a set of motard tyres so you can get good deals out there. It was a '95 model, and like the 80's of the time it had no powervalve so power was like a lightswitch (made it a fun bike to learn on, landed on my back several times). We had no problems with the bike except a few fouled plugs (but then my brother's '04 KX125 gets a lot of that, I assume it's normal on 2 strokes), and when we had to replace the piston and ring soon after buying the thing, as the dealer didn't class needing engine work as something they would fix under warranty, we ended up paying 300 bucks for them to buy the parts an install them which wasn't tooo bad. It was an awesome bike, the only reason we sold it was we out grew it which now I think about it that was a mistake cause it was a lot of fun despite being too big for it.

Mine looked similar to this, but had a blue seat and faded graphics
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...n-48554198.htm

Bike
    ZPF Rep, GP3 Rep, B2 (alloy B1)
    "Thumpstar", this is what the chinese ones were copied off I think.
    I think there's also a brand called BBR which are apparently the ducks nuts aswell.

Bike
    2005 Gas Gas EC250
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beast
    "Thumpstar", this is what the chinese ones were copied off I think.
    I think there's also a brand called BBR which are apparently the ducks nuts aswell.

Correct Thumpstar and BBR are great brands. BBR pretty much do parts for all mini bikes and are a great company. I would reccomend them as the quality of their products ar great.
    WM
    Wellyman

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Thumpstars are like 4000 bucks new, and there aren't many second hands ones around. I'm not sure what's the cheapest non-chinese pitbike is. I think a good one would be over $3000 new

I like this T3 one. White and Black is always a good look for a motorbike
    http://www.minimoto.co.nz/index.php?id=65

Bike
    Yeah I've seen the Thumpers at Boyz Toyz in Porirua for just under 4grand

Bike
    02 R1, 06 KX450F
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    I like this T3 one. White and Black is always a good look for a motorbike
    http://www.minimoto.co.nz/index.php?id=65
    Wow yeah, i like the look of that one. 26mm carb. Nice. All the others i have seen are either the puny 20mm (like mine) or 24mm...

But its quite alot of money! And it looks like it might be made in china anyways! i could be wrong, but the engine and the design just looks exactly the same as my cheapo one.

I think it would be a good bike tho. I would hope so for that money! I might look at getting a real Thumstar. maybe a second hand one from trademe...

Is there any racing classes for growen ups for these bikes?? Anyone do anything like that???

Cheers for the advice guys!!

Bike
    Yeah, that is one of the chinese copy pitties, probably one of the more upmarket ones though. There is a racing series for pitties, http://www.minimoto.co.nz/forum/view...3fbd7e43c1d125

Thread Information