Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone coming our way?

Bike
    GL1800
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    I don't mind if the bottle has been opened, as long as you wiped the top after drinking from it!

November would be okay for us - and thanks for checking to see if they were related to THAT guy - hey, he can be like the Scottish play, the one whose name you don't dare mention for fear of incurring bad luck...

Funnily enough, we've had several couples and a few single travellers and the couples are far more relaxing to have around. Maybe it's just easier having two people to chat to. Most of the single ones have been quite hard work, it's like they are reluctant to share more than the basic name, age, occupation with you!
    Cool offer Beemer; I think some single bikers may BE single for reasons obvious...!

Bike
    750 Honda Bc, 600 Honda Steed

Hi Beemer

Beemer I am a real lone wolf, and been on bikes many years, renting them in Thailand. But the country is small and I am tired of it.
    I would love to visit you and your clan and get the feel of the real biker's world.

I do not have my own bike so would need to borrow one.
    I drink JW or Vodka.

I live now in Japan and in a few weeks going to Cina, then Loas, Thailand, Israel, Thailand...Japan.

Maybe I can fly to your part of the woods for a few weeks.

I do not mind paying some expenses, I am not a free loader like my clone.
    <__>

So if you'll have me and care for me I may take you on your offer.

Would love to tour New Zealand with some biker friends.

Igor The Troll

Bike
    KTM RC8
    Funnily enough, we've had several couples and a few single travellers and the couples are far more relaxing to have around. Maybe it's just easier having two people to chat to. Most of the single ones have been quite hard work, it's like they are reluctant to share more than the basic name, age, occupation with you!
    Yeah, it's a bloody good job I didn't turn up on my own... that would have been hard work
    What a difference indifference can make

Bike
    big black k6 GiX
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor The Troll View Post
    Beemer I am a real lone wolf, and been on bikes many years, renting them in Thailand. But the country is small and I am tired of it.
    I would love to visit you and your clan and get the feel of the real biker's world.

I do not have my own bike so would need to borrow one.
    I drink JW or Vodka.

I live now in Japan and in a few weeks going to Cina, then Loas, Thailand, Israel, Thailand...Japan.

Maybe I can fly to your part of the woods for a few weeks.

I do not mind paying some expenses, I am not a free loader like my clone.
    <__>

So if you'll have me and care for me I may take you on your offer.

Would love to tour New Zealand with some biker friends.

Igor The Troll
    Bot? 10fc....

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Smorg View Post
    Bot? 10fc....
    I have no idea what Bot? means but I am also not sure about Igor's post either...

We don't have any spare bikes to loan and live away from the main centres so we're more the destination of those who are already touring the country rather than those wanting to drop in for a few weeks. We don't drink JW or Vodka either!

We mostly get visitors in summer and we'd probably not be that keen to host any right now as I'm currently doing a fulltime diploma course and two extramural papers, as well as heaps of freelance work. I haven't got the time to look after guests at this time of the year and we've got sheep about to lamb too, so we'd have to say sorry, but can't help right now.

Hey Tony, got your bags packed yet? You guys are friends now, so you don't need an invite! And if you'd turned up with chocolate (like you did) I am sure we could have coped with you on your own!
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    2005 BMW K1200S
    good to see bikers that help other bikers!

and a cat lover too! Nice pic of ya cat!
    The bike is made to ride not polish!

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW View Post
    good to see bikers that help other bikers!

and a cat lover too! Nice pic of ya cat!
    That's only one of them - we have three! I've found that a lot of motorcyclists are cat lovers too - or at least they put on a good show of liking cats!

Bike
    big black k6 GiX
    I have no idea what Bot? means but I am also not sure about Igor's post either...
    !
    A bot is an automated program that spams forums trying to find suckers, Im a bit suss of this Igor guy.

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by Smorg View Post
    A bot is an automated program that spams forums trying to find suckers, Im a bit suss of this Igor guy.
    Ta, had no idea what you were talking about until you explained above! Yeah, I don't think I will be replying personally to this guy as I had already mentioned we prefer people travelling together rather than people on their own and he still thought he would be welcome! And as you all well know, I get sick of people who can't spell - where the fuck is Cina and Loas? And I didn't realise Thailand was so good they named it twice...

All NORMAL people are welcome, not loners!

Bike
    750 Honda Bc, 600 Honda Steed

Thailand Twice?

Is this a spelling class?

I did not know bots have a problem spelling, but people not born in English speaking countries may...but then 90% of bickers may not even know how to spell thier address if they have one.

Beemer no sweat...do not want to impose on you...just read the offer and figured will ask...

And I do go in and out of Thailand many times. The sun is hot the life style is cheap...

Maybe I will just buy a bike and tour Newzealand for a month or so...I am sure the country will be intersting and will make friends as I go around..

Cheers..

Bike
    2003 Honda Valkyrie Standard
    Beemer,

Thanks for the invite!
    You can count me and Mrs. ValkRider in for a visit, and probably an overnighter.
    Should we bring anything for your hospitality?

Thanx in advance!

Darren
    "To be or not to be... what was the question?"

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by ValkRider View Post
    Beemer,

Thanks for the invite!
    You can count me and Mrs. ValkRider in for a visit, and probably an overnighter.
    Should we bring anything for your hospitality?

Thanx in advance!

Darren
    Missed this post - but had been in email contact and had the lovely Darren and Cheryl here earlier this week and enjoyed their company greatly. They were even the first to use our newly renovated bathroom as the builders left the morning they arrived!

Despite telling them not to bring anything, they arrived laden with beer and also the most divine barbecue sauces and rubs - mmn, they can stay again any time they like!

I just hope the rest of their stay is a lot of fun and that the weather gods are kind to them.

Bike
    any with the power to thrill

bike to loan?

I am looking at coming over next year and to head to Queenstown and then around the country. Am looking for a bike to loan or rent (cheap) Not sure when your winter is or how I will go about getting my current license changed to international yet. But got to put the leg work in now.

Bike
    To many
    Quote Originally Posted by sincity View Post
    I am looking at coming over next year and to head to Queenstown and then around the country. Am looking for a bike to loan or rent (cheap) Not sure when your winter is or how I will go about getting my current license changed to international yet. But got to put the leg work in now.
    Send me a pm I have a good DR650 I could do a buy back deal . Cheers Toddy

Bike
    Ag100
    I'm back. I never really left and am still here and not forgot about the accomadation offer. Hope I don't give ya toe jam if I use ya shower.

Been a little busy with me nat and the project below. A work in progress

Now BEEMER or is that GOOSE should ya wanna do a Coromandel loop U can use my place at Matarangi if its free. Beautiful 4.5km beach. No scrots. Bit of Kiwiana for the kitchen and bathroom. U can sleep in the Caravan if ya snore and let Andy sleep in the building for a rest.

Closet cop is 20kms away

Thread Information