Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anyone coming our way?

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Quote Originally Posted by charlymelon View Post
    Hey, Charly here. I am going from Auckland to Wellington taking a few days time, would be in Palmerston North in maybe five days or something like that (I haven't really planned anything, just see how it all goes). I'm off to Rotorua tomorrow.
    Would be very nice to have someone to meet on the way to Wellington, a place to sleep sounds like a VERY welcome break from backpackers accommodation, but even if you'd like to just meet for a cup of coffee and a conversation I'd be happy to stop at Levin.
    Could use some advise on tyres, too. So if you're interested in meeting me, please PM =)

Thanks, Charly
    Hey Charly, sorry, haven't been checking this site regularly lately and we mostly get visitors during summer so missed your post last month. If you'd sent me a PM I could have got in touch with you, but never knew you were passing through! The other half could have given you some good advice on tyres, but looks like you have probably passed our region by now. If you're passing through again, send me a PM and we can try and catch up.
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    2007 Honda CB250F
    Thanks,
    it's too late now, I'm about to leave Wellington heading south... Maybe I will com back your way, not sure yet. THanks anyways, hav a good time!

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    That's okay, we may catch you again if you're heading north. Send me a PM as I don't always check in to KB on a regular basis.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki M50
    I'm actually in NZ finally, but it'll be another 6 weeks before my bike arrives. Then comes the whole compliance junk. I'm hoping it will all be done before New Year, but probably won't be until mid January. Still getting used to the driving. Even coming from DC I marvel at the driving (lack of) skills of many of the cagers here... I'll be a little nervous the first few rides for sure.. Awesome to be here though!

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Would love to catch up if you are passing, but are heading to the Australian Open in Mid-January so it may not work out.

Has anyone caught up with this guy on his travels? http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-e...st-keeps-going

Bike
    2000, BMW F 650GS Dakar TT39
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    Hi there, we've hosted three lots of German motorcyclists lately (Tanja and Christian; Elke and Arne, and Tommy and Rosa) and now we're desperate for some new faces! We really loved having them to stay and would like to extend a tentative offer to anyone else travelling around NZ.

We live in the country north of Levin (roughly 50 kms south of Palmerston North and 100kms north of Wellington) and we have a spare double bed and plenty of safe garaging.

We also have a well equipped workshop and the tools and facilities to change tyres, oil, etc. Any travelling motorcyclists are welcome to use the workshop to work on their bikes during their stay.

My husband and I are pretty easy going, non-smokers, have no kids (just three furry ones - cats!), and don't ask for anything more than courtesy and respect for our home in return (but if you turn up with a bottle of wine, we wouldn't mind!), so please feel free to send us a PM if you are heading our way.
    Hi Beemer!

That's a great offer! I'm looking forward to my NZ-journey in a few months, and I will contact you when I'm nearby. Be sure a bottle of wine or some bottles of beer (whatever you prefer) will be with me!
    So if I meet your requirements I hope there will be some funny days...

Greetings
    Nobby

Thread Information