Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hyosung GT250R jetkit for carbie????? any help

Bike
    Hyosung Gt250R 2006

Hyosung GT250R jetkit for carbie????? any help

Have been reading up on the internet and alot of people are saying to get bigger jets in the carbie and change the rear muffler on the GT250R.

The chamber part is easy but can anyone reccomend where to go for the carbie work or any reccomendations on if this is even advisable to get done to the bike?????

Any input appreciated!!
    This is the last smile I fake for the sake of being with you............

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    well carb work you can do anywhere, for best results it should be done in conjunction with a dyno but thats where it starts to get pricey.

Any mechanic can tune and balance your carbs to a new pipe, it just depends how far you want to take it really.
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    None
    Easiest way would be to find a Kawasaki dealership and ask them to do the work, seen as so Hyosung pretty much is Kawasaki.

I'm not going to bother modding my GT250R however I'm tempted to get the GT650R, I just want to learn for now but because I'm not a small person a little extra power would be nice.

Bike
    Hyosung Gt250R 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by swantiger
    Easiest way would be to find a Kawasaki dealership and ask them to do the work, seen as so Hyosung pretty much is Kawasaki.

I'm not going to bother modding my GT250R however I'm tempted to get the GT650R, I just want to learn for now but because I'm not a small person a little extra power would be nice.
    How are you finding your GT250R ?
    Any gripes and also do you have that flat spot in third??

Bike
    None
    Its a pretty nice bike, I quite enjoy riding it and apart from the shitty brakes (which I'm having replaced) its quite a nice bike. I'm keen to get something bigger, so will probably go for the GT650R and possibly adjust the gearing. If I stick with the 250 then I'll adjust the gearing and get a different exhust for it as well.

And yep, the flatspot in third is annoying but I've learnt to live with it, I only notice it when I'm doodling around town (50 - 80km/h zones) but its just the powerband taking its time (reeves not quite right).

Quite often when a cockfag at the lights wants to race I use it to my advantage, I'll let them take off fast then get beside them in third and hold it on the edge of the flatspot... then full throttle... it takes a moment or two but with full throttle... when it kicks in a bit of juice gets pumping and you look cool for 2 seconds, then back to working the gears

How do you find your GT250R? what made you choose it.

Bike
    Hyosung Gt250R 2006
    the main thing for me when picking my first price was looks I have t admit but running in at a close second was definately value for money there was nothing else around which you could buy at the price of the GT250R that looked good and wasn't 10 years old love the fact that it is brand new so it takes alot of the worries away that go through your head with an older bike. I've heard about the brakes but have to admit I haven't really had any gripes about them I find they stop really well and the feel I get from them is getting better as they bed in !
    What do you find to be wrong with the brakes yourself??

Bike
    Hyosung Gt250R 2006
    liked the size of it also the other 250's just seem tiny!

Bike
    None
    Yeah, the size of the bike had to be one of the primary reasons I got the GT250R. However I am still scratching my head as to why I got the 250cc version, definitely time to move on to the 650. The 250 is great for around town and cruising, but when you're like me and enjoy a good blat, its nice to have the power up hills and for over taking cars on the open road.

In regards to the brakes, they are excellent for around town, however I'm 110kg and often go on rides where the average speed is 130km/h - 140km/h so the brakes would be put through more stress.

Also, for the life of me I can't pull a bloody stoppie! was told by Mike at Mt. Eden that the 'woodyness' can be solved by better quality brakes or sometimes they overglaze and just need to be sanded down.

I also found out that the race exhust you can get adds another 10mp/h or so to the top end, I'm not sure what effect it has on acceleration but I imagine it'll give a bit more go. I'd like to see the result of carb/gearing modifications, I imagine setup properly these bikes could give a few of the 600's a good go with the amount of torque the little V-Twin engines put out.

As I've mentioned before, I've found that my acceleration out of corners can match that of the bigger bikes as they usually have a flatspot before it starts to pick up.

Definitely a good looking bike, did you consider any other colours? I brought the red one on the spot, however seeing pictures of the black and yellow ones, its a hard choice, I quite like black but yellow looks show-offy too - good for being noticed on the road as well.

Bike
    None

Online Information

Question for you GT250R...

Have you been able to find any websites with real information on it relating to Hyosung motorcycles? I'm having a shit time finding reviews or anything user/rider related on the web.

I've been tempted a few times to setup a website myself and try to bring as much information about Hyosung motorcycles as possible, including the possible modifications and dealers/agents to do so.

I have the GT250R and will most likely buy the GT650R, my partner has the GV250 cruiser, which is quite a nice looking little bike with the same engine as the GT250 series.

And according to Mt. Eden Motorcycles they are selling like hotcakes, so its really surprising to see the lack of information.

If any, its mainly located in forums like this one.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    I've been tempted a few times to setup a website myself and try to bring as much information about Hyosung motorcycles as possible, including the possible modifications and dealers/agents to do so.
    Why not set up a Hyosung Club here at KBer?

Bike
    Hyosung Gt250R 2006
    Question for you GT250R...

Have you been able to find any websites with real information on it relating to Hyosung motorcycles? I'm having a shit time finding reviews or anything user/rider related on the web.

I have the GT250R and will most likely buy the GT650R, my partner has the GV250 cruiser, which is quite a nice looking little bike with the same engine as the GT250 series.

And according to Mt. Eden Motorcycles they are selling like hotcakes, so its really surprising to see the lack of information.

If any, its mainly located in forums like this one.
    All I was able to find was a few write ups in australia and in japan
    I just did a search on google for GT250R and Hyosung etc.
    but as for everthing you really want to know there was nothing I could find through a search about them.
    Just the usual stuff ....... Looks good, flat spot in third etc. etc.
    and of course the brakes feeling extremely wooden.
    I chose red mainly to be seen I really liked the black but as my first bike to paranoid about not being seen at night so red it IS.

Bike
    Hyosung Gt250R 2006

Start a GT250R club?

thats not a bad idea

how do we atart a club in KB???

Bike
    Hyosung Gt250R 2006
    Here is a link for an Australian writeup
    http://www.hyosungmotors.com.au/AMCN_DEC_05_GT250R.HTML

Bike
    2005, Hyosung GT250R (Black)
    would be keen on a KB in house GT250r club

I have the flat spot in 3rd as well, no issues so far with brakes, apart from the squeel from the rear.

Haven't found much on the web either

Comet250Owners@yahoogroups.com some interesting stuff on here but cant find any treads about the GT250R
    Hamilhoon - New home of the V8 Supercars

Bike
    Hyosung Gt250R 2006
    While reading ine of the forums on KB I can't find which one...
    someone mentioned that the flat spot in third can be sorted under warranty by replacing the CDI????
    does anyone know what that is??

Thread Information