Thread: helo - 250cc bandit missing on one cylinder

Bike
    2006 Suzy GSR600

helo - 250cc bandit missing on one cylinder

hello guys.

havent been using bike for a whle week, started her this morning and it seems to be missing at low rpm on one cylinder...

only on low rpm.. doesnt matter hot or cold... over 5-6krpm it's all good, but under that it *might* miss... was reeving it on the driveway when i got back from work and still missing... when i rev it up it might do a loud *pop* sometimes...

buddy suggested stuck carb jet....

any other suggestions and how i might go about fixing it ? i'd like to avoid taking carbs off, as it wold require draining/removing fuel tank, etc...

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM
    If it happened to me I'd just try new plugs, and see what happens. Might be a bit dirty and need something extra to get it to spark. Long shot theory but that's my gut feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    If I didn't have to answer to the wife and provide a certain level of comfort for the kids, I'd sell our house, buy a shed, fill it with toys, and live in the shed along side all my wicked shit.

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Make sure the plug caps and leads are all connected properly. Pull them off one by one (so you dont get them mixed up!) make sure the connection up inside doesnt look too filthy, then push them firmly back down onto the spark plug. It should be a snug fit. You may need to check that the leads are pushed into the caps properly too.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    My wife's 250 Bandit she used to own had a similar problem, I tracked it down to tracking in one coil. Coil was replaced under warranty, end of problem. The tracking spark was visible in poor light

Bike
    2006 Suzy GSR600
    Quote Originally Posted by Pussy
    My wife's 250 Bandit she used to own had a similar problem, I tracked it down to tracking in one coil. Coil was replaced under warranty, end of problem. The tracking spark was visible in poor light

you are saying that spark was arcing around the coil/cpark leads area ?

funny that you mentioned... i thought i saw a blue arc once when i was reeving the engine.... but my eyes cant be trusted.... i'll reinspect today.

today it's a bit better.... if i use little throttle then it's no problem, so basiclally right now only idel and low rpm suffers...

Bike
    Bandit 250(for sale), 636
    Ive had mine for 3 weeks now and it's "sort of" doing this.

problem is the shop supposedly cleaned all the plugs and carbies before i picked it up (was running on 3 cylinders day before i test rode).

i ride my everyday, any ideas?
    1990 Suzuki Bandit GSF 250 for sale 39k kms $3,500

Bike
    Aquired by locals
    Im good with plugs and leads, want me to help?
    To every man upon this earth
    Death cometh sooner or late
    And how can a man die better
    Than facing fearful odds
    For the ashes of his fathers
    And the temples of his Gods

Bike
    2006 Suzy GSR600

Thumbs up

hey sniper, thanks for offer

well... after riding it for 2 days, it's much better. hardly does that any more.

I'm keen to change plugs, i can do that myself, but what I dont know how to do is to drain and remove the tank (i know how to unscrew it but removal will require disconnecting fuel line(s) )....

without undoing the tank i have access to both outside plugs, but the inside ones are not accessible really....

i'm reying to get quote for some plugs and i'll go from there...

Bike
    can ya keep me informed on this please mops, i was looking to do the plugs and ht leads on my old bike so i guess i might as well do them on my new one.

i'm gonna try and see if i can find a manual for mine (its a gsf too) but will try pulling the tank off without it, gotta check the air filter too (helped alot with my old bike).

pity i dont even have my bike atm, picking it up from the shop tommorow night all going to plan (yea fuckin right)

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    Quote Originally Posted by mops
    you are saying that spark was arcing around the coil/cpark leads area ?

funny that you mentioned... i thought i saw a blue arc once when i was reeving the engine.... but my eyes cant be trusted.... i'll reinspect today.

today it's a bit better.... if i use little throttle then it's no problem, so basiclally right now only idel and low rpm suffers...
    Yep, it was where the plug leads come out of the coil. Will affect lower rpm range more, and problem will probably show up more during periods of higher humidity. You probably saw what I'm trying to describe

Bike
    sounds like its happening to mine too, crap idle (dies sometimes) in the early morn and shit power on the way up the drive sometimes.

anyone in the welly area that can check this out for me? my bikes in the shop at the moment under warrenty so it'd be good to fix this too.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    By the way, I reckon the v-tec Bandit is a great little bike. My missus got a black/orange one brand new. She learnt the basics on it and it performed well enough to keep up when she got more experienced

Bike
    2006 Suzy GSR600
    By the way, I reckon the v-tec Bandit is a great little bike. My missus got a black/orange one brand new. She learnt the basics on it and it performed well enough to keep up when she got more experienced
    it's my first bike, so i'm not very experienced with different bikes and stuff, but i like the flexibility also... early i was using less revs and higher gears and now lower gears and more revs

BTW, by bandit is black/orange aswell

Bike
    2006 Suzy GSR600
    Yep, it was where the plug leads come out of the coil. Will affect lower rpm range more, and problem will probably show up more during periods of higher humidity. You probably saw what I'm trying to describe

thats exacly what's happening.... so you are saying i'll need whole new coil or just ht leads ?

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    Quote Originally Posted by mops
    thats exacly what's happening.... so you are saying i'll need whole new coil or just ht leads ?
    The coil and leads are a sealed unit. Try spraying a bit of WD40 or similar around the problem area, it might help. Thats what I did before I got hold of the new coil. It would really be best to get a new coil, once they have started tracking they always seem to keep on doing it

Thread Information