Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle parking in Wellington CBD

Bike
    Ducati Multistrada 620

Motorcycle parking in Wellington CBD

Hi - just wondered if anyone uses any of the bike parks or knows of a decent car-park, that offers motorcycling parking, in Wellington CBD?

Cheers

Bike
    Sniff... None
    Yep. I generally use one of the ones off the side of Featherston St. If you love your bike, don't park it near scooters, learner bikes or on anything other than a flat surface. The bike parks on the terrace can be interesting because of the gradient.

I've heard some of the carparks you can get into free. I've yet to try myself.
    "You, Madboy, are the Uncooked Pork Sausage of Sausage Beasts. With extra herbs."
    - Jim2 c2006

Bike
    CBR600F3
    Quote Originally Posted by matt77
    Hi - just wondered if anyone uses any of the bike parks or knows of a decent car-park, that offers motorcycling parking, in Wellington CBD?

Cheers
    There are shiteloads of parks in and around the CBD. Thanks to an emial barrage of the WCC they are still free also. The more prominent parks are on Mercer Street and Victoria Street. For Courtney place there is one by the bungy. Just make sure you know which way the wind is blowing before you choose one eh St8jacket
    "Resort to the law so exhausts finances, patience, courage, hope, so overthrows the brain and breaks the heart, that there is not one honourable lawyer who would not give the warning "Suffer any wrong rather than come here".

Charles Dickens

Bike
    Sold....looking
    I used to use the one of Featherston Street, (by the National Bank) but that gets pretty full now. Just use the University ones now though - as madboy sys though keep away from Scooters they tend to blow over easy and Domino's with motorbikes aint fun

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonty
    Just make sure you know which way the wind is blowing before you choose one eh St8jacket
    sob sob, yeah its not fun watching your bike being blown over. Though im lucky and park right outside my work and can also keep an eye on my bike from my office...
    Im pretty sure that there is a website that tells you where all he bike parks are, dont ask me what it is though sorry! But like Jonty says there are heaps of them around! Though they are slowly being taken over by scooters.
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    KTM 640 Enduro
    Yeah, there are plenty of parks for bikes in Welly, we found some next to this funny looking building:

Cheers
    Clint
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parliament.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	262.0 KB 
ID:	29574  

Bike
    RGV250, GP100 Bucket
    Be very wary of the terrace parks!!

One night I follishly left my old bike there, and when I came back it was on its side (it gets extremely windy on the terrace).

However there was minimal damage then what should have been (only scratches on the bottom fairing, should have caused alot more damage), so im guessing someone may have laid it down gently for me?? (This was a few months ago now)

Bike
    Cagiva Raptor 650, ZX-10R
    Yeah, I park in the carpark where I work. The bandit *just* makes it between the end of the barrier and the pillar. Carpark nazis seem to ignore bikes if you're considerate about where you park them.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

Bike
    None any more
    I suspect Matt77 may be referring to under-cover parking, rather than the kerbside offerings freely provided by the Wellington City Council?
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Goose
    Ah,ok then. I remember nudemetalz saying that they allow people to park their motorcycles at the James Smith car park. You can ride around the barrier arm. I cant remember exactly where you are allowed to park but maybe you could PM him... Or with luck he may see this thread.
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    na, broken!
    Used to see bikes undercover in the Queens wharf carpark. May pay to double check if it's still a acceptable.

Bike
    Ducati Multistrada 620
    Yep, undercover - bikes pretty new and is only form of transport so can't really afford for it to be bumped by a hairdryer scooter. I've looked at a few but none offer dedicated bike parking. Queens Wharf offer a space by the barrier for $67/month. There is one up on the terrace but they want $55 a week which is the same cost for a car....

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    Yes, Str8 Jacket is completely correct. James Smith Carpark is a great place to park the bike. Free and also free of being blown over. Relatively secure too.

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    CBR600F3
    Quote Originally Posted by matt77
    Yep, undercover - bikes pretty new and is only form of transport so can't really afford for it to be bumped by a hairdryer scooter. I've looked at a few but none offer dedicated bike parking. Queens Wharf offer a space by the barrier for $67/month. There is one up on the terrace but they want $55 a week which is the same cost for a car....
    That is daylight robbery check out James Smith instead. Also, if your work has a carpark then see if you can get access to it and sneak it in beside someones car (that was my plan and has worked out so far).
    "Resort to the law so exhausts finances, patience, courage, hope, so overthrows the brain and breaks the heart, that there is not one honourable lawyer who would not give the warning "Suffer any wrong rather than come here".

Charles Dickens

Bike
    Hornet 900
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonty
    That is daylight robbery check out James Smith instead. Also, if your work has a carpark then see if you can get access to it and sneak it in beside someones car (that was my plan and has worked out so far).
    Thats what I do as well. Slotted into a spot where a car can't park in the work car parking area.

Thread Information