Thread: choppertard

Bike

choppertard

I just saw a guy on a micro chopper with a t-shirt and groovy german WW helmet getting on to the southern motorway. I know they are 110cc but is it legal for those things to be on the motorway?
    the guy must have a death wish getting on there, the southern under Symonds street is a nightmare.
    Cibby play thing

Bike
    2004 GT i-Drive 3.0
    They should be outlawed completely!. They are dangerous no matter where you ride them. Cheap chinese junk!.

Bike
    not too mention they are more gay than cowpoos singing bette midler.

Bike
    ZPF Rep, GP3 Rep, B2 (alloy B1)
    One less moron on the road i suppose...

Bike
    L1 GSXR 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishslayer
    They should be outlawed completely!. They are dangerous no matter where you ride them. Cheap chinese junk!.
    I thought Junk's where japanese!?!?

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Nope.If it IS 110 cc it has to be registered as a motorcycle. VInned, WoF, the works. And a class 6 licence. And they can't be vinned - normally at any rate though mr MarkAuckland will probably tell me I'm wrong and if you spend $5000 on extra bits for one you can VIN it.

But I've decided I'm not really anti them as such - only if they're ridden dangerously or stupidly - admittedly, they often are , but not always, I'm seen some quite competant riding on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

I don't see a problem with a mini chopper in stalled traffic,which is spagetti junction 99% of the time.

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion
    But I've decided I'm not really anti them as such - only if they're ridden dangerously or stupidly - admittedly, they often are , but not always, I'm seen some quite competant riding on them.
    That's the smartest thing I've heard all day.

I've seen more people using mini choppers as commuters than teens joy riding on them recklessly. They're just like any other moped

Bike
    1990 Kawasaki ZXR250A
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    I've seen more people using mini choppers as commuters than teens joy riding on them recklessly. They're just like any other moped

nope - I disagree - a normal moped/scooter has the rider sitting about level with a car driver's eyesight, those choppers are about a half a foot off the ground... so they aren't the same

that said, I don't particularly mind them either - I think they can be seen as an introduction to the joys of riding on two wheels - eventually these chopper riders might want to take that next step and get an 'actual motorbike'

if I was given one for free, I'd probably give it a go or three before selling it
    Well the music is your special friend, dance on fire as it intends
    Music is your only friend, until the end
    Until the end
    Until the end!
    The Doors - When The Music's Over

Thread Information