Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPZ1000rx sluggish sub 3000rmp

GPZ1000rx sluggish sub 3000rmp

Ive just picked up a nice 85 gpz1000rx and it goes fine except for under 3000rpm where it shakes and shudders untill I pul the clutch in and give it a little curry.

Im guessing the carbs need a good clean as it is an older bike, Would some one be kind enough to show me how to do it?
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master
    Ive just picked up a nice 85 gpz1000rx and it goes fine except for under 3000rpm where it shakes and shudders untill I pul the clutch in and give it a little curry.

Im guessing the carbs need a good clean as it is an older bike, Would some one be kind enough to show me how to do it?
    YOU CAN PHOTOCOPY SOME OF THE MANUAL FROM THE LIBRARY , THOSE ARE GOOD BIKES FOR THERE DAY , THEY RESPOND WELL TO A FULL SYSTEM , SOME JETTING AND AN IGNITION ADVANCER , IF YOU DO THAT ITD BE AS FAST AS A 96 BLADE IN A STRAIGHT LINE

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    Quote Originally Posted by WINJA
    THOSE ARE GOOD BIKES FOR THERE DAY , THEY RESPOND WELL TO A FULL SYSTEM , SOME JETTING AND AN IGNITION ADVANCER , IF YOU DO THAT ITD BE AS FAST AS A 96 BLADE IN A STRAIGHT LINE
    Only a 96 don't ya mean 06

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei
    Only a 96 don't ya mean 06
    ITS BULL SHIT AY , I OWNED BOTH THOSE BIKES AND FAIR GO THOSE EARLY KAWASAKIS WERE YEARS AHEAD OF THEIR TIME IN ALL RESPECTS .
    IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING YOU CAN DO A CAM CHAIN ON A 1000RX IN ABOUT HALF AN HOUR , SEE HOW LONG IT TAKES TO DO ANY OTHER BIKE OF THE SAME YEAR

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    here tis , sometimes its best to let the pros fix brakes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BRAKEZX.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	30177  

WOAH HOLD THE PHONE!!!! YOUR CAPS KEY IS FIXED????????

Cheers mate - I'll book her in one day just want to learn what excatly is wrong
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    a little tip for thos bikes they have an ecentric adjust for the chain , turn it 180 degres so the axle is at the bottom not the top , it makes them handle a bit better , get some progressive springs for the front as well

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Ya might have crap in your carbs or ya might have a shit 4 into 1 system on the ol gal--the older CV carbed bikes diddnt like 4 into 1 zorsts without propper rejetting
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

THEY RESPOND WELL TO A FULL SYSTEM , SOME JETTING AND AN IGNITION ADVANCER , IF YOU DO THAT ITD BE AS FAST AS A 96 BLADE IN A STRAIGHT LINE

I took her out for a spin today (brakes still leaking but working!) and opened her right out..... I dont think I have to worry about more power just yet.......

Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY
    Ya might have crap in your carbs or ya might have a shit 4 into 1 system on the ol gal--the older CV carbed bikes diddnt like 4 into 1 zorsts without propper rejetting
    Has 4 into 2 mate, Sounds beautiful.

a little tip for thos bikes they have an ecentric adjust for the chain , turn it 180 degres so the axle is at the bottom not the top , it makes them handle a bit better , get some progressive springs for the front as well
    At the risk of sounding noob (although I am one...) What does that mean

Now onto the brakes, There leaking but from where? I think Ive traced it to this thing (circled on the attached pic) But what excatly is it and what does it do?. [Note its leaking from the same thing but on the RHS - Pic is of the LHS)

Also at the bottom of the forks thers a turn thing with 1-2-3 on it, what does that do?

Thanks for all the help so far

Name:	DSC00018.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	30183  

Bike
    Honda PC800
    dude its VERY unusual for the brakes to spring a leak. I'd suspect more that the fork seal has sprung a leak in the past and you have shit all down your fork leg and onto your brakes.
    Dude rather than guessing I'll be happy to have a look at her and see if we can sort it out.
    As for the adjuster things--They were a friggin useless fashion statement -almost totally useless.You're better off to disconnect em.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R

At the risk of sounding noob (although I am one...) What does that mean

Now onto the brakes, There leaking but from where? I think Ive traced it to this thing (circled on the attached pic) But what excatly is it and what does it do?. [Note its leaking from the same thing but on the RHS - Pic is of the LHS)

Also at the bottom of the forks thers a turn thing with 1-2-3 on it, what does that do?

What WINJA is talking about inverting the chain adjusters either side of the swingarm (see pic, cylindrical carriers for the axle), instead of having them at the 12 o'clock area have them at the 6 o'clock.

what you've circled in the pic is the anti dive units. more a gimmick thing than an a useful item.

Name:	1000RX swingarm.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	30191  

Bike
    SV1000, RG500, RD350

Looks like an anti-dive unit. All the rage at the time, but generally a solution looking for a problem...
    Where is it leaking from - out of the pipe join or...?
    Easiest way might be to block them off.
    Geoff
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) Peace through superior firepower...
    Build your own dyno - PM me for the link of if you want to use it (bring beer)

Bike
    SUZUKI TR50 STREET MAGIC
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffm
    Looks like an anti-dive unit. All the rage at the time, but generally a solution looking for a problem...
    Where is it leaking from - out of the pipe join or...?
    Easiest way might be to block them off.
    Geoff
    YOU MIGHT NEED THE PROPER PLATE TO BLOCK IT OFF , DONT FORGET IT WAS DESIGNED TO HAVE ANTI DIVE THE VALVING FOR FORKS WERENT SO GOOD THEN .

THE 1-2-3 IS THE AMOUNT OF COMPRESSION DAMPING YOU WANT

See those square rib things? theres a join just above it- on the pic the top is lighter than the base, i'll try to block it off shouldnt be too hard.

Frosty: I'll take you up on that offer

Well I disconnected the side that was leaking- just un screwed the pipe and put a solid bolt and locktite on it.

Is it bad that now one side has the "anti dive valve" or what ever and the other doesnt? I havnt ridden her yet.... (tapped the brake up for the night to get rid of any air bubbles)

Thread Information