Page 207 of 233 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3486

Thread: Tyre choice for adventure riding? (Mixing road and off-road)

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    is anyone aware of a 16" adv rear tyre? i think the cagive elephant had a 16" at the rear end. want something for my sons gn250
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    Bridgestone Trailwing 202... 120/90/16 63P
    or the TW40
    Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    Yamaha MT09 Tracer
    thanks phil, just found them, yamaha tricker sizes..the 19" front will make it an even pairb
    'the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'

Cpt Edmund Blackadder

Bike
    KTM 950ADV,DR750,APRILIA TUONO ,YZ290F
    Blog Entries
    Let see if anyone still comes to this forum

Am looking for a smooth running adventure tire, have this new Toy that is shod with Dunlop 750's, boy are they smooth on the road and balanced, but am looking for a touch more grip

What tire will run nice and smooth and balanced on the road but is a little better offroad

Go
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	045.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	785.4 KB 
ID:	303104   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	053.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	774.8 KB 
ID:	303105   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	107.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	827.1 KB 
ID:	303106   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	111.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	842.8 KB 
ID:	303107  

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by 10bikekid View Post
    Let see if anyone still comes to this forum

Am looking for a smooth running adventure tire, have this new Toy that is shod with Dunlop 750's, boy are they smooth on the road and balanced, but am looking for a touch more grip

What tire will run nice and smooth and balanced on the road but is a little better offroad

Go
    KLR= lovely. Try shinko 700s. Had them on mine and best compromise I have had so far.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Suzuki DR650, Beta Xtrainer with CLAKE
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    KLR= lovely. Try shinko 700s. Had them on mine and best compromise I have had so far.
    Annnnnnnnd don't forget to buy pontoons if you are going riding with Woodman, he and KLRs and deep water holes have a magnetic attraction.

I can quite see what tyres you had on then.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Woodman.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	314.7 KB 
ID:	303108  
    Cheers Paul
    Check out our new website www.motomox.co.nz my very own sand pit with lots of cool toys

My bikes Suzuki DR650 2010, Beta Xtrainer 300 2016, Beta RR498 2014

Bike
    690 Advenduro
    I agree with you on that one, currently running one on the rear of the 690, and so far it is doing great. Love it on the tarmac and has only surprised (in a good way) me in the mud so far.

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Have spent a lot of time on the road lately - running Pirelli MT90 A/T's on my 690 enduro. They don't wear *at all*. Seriously. commuting, hooning, pillioning. They're just not going down. Haven't recorded the mileage, but i'm super impressed for a roady tyre. Tons of grip in the dry (getting a bit of wheelspin in the wet). Almost tempted to do a track day on them.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials Rider View Post
    Annnnnnnnd don't forget to buy pontoons if you are going riding with Woodman, he and KLRs and deep water holes have a magnetic attraction.

I can quite see what tyres you had on then.
    Aaaaah those were the days. Thanks for the reminder. (as if you are ever going to let me forget)
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Have spent a lot of time on the road lately - running Pirelli MT90 A/T's on my 690 enduro. They don't wear *at all*. Seriously. commuting, hooning, pillioning. They're just not going down. Haven't recorded the mileage, but i'm super impressed for a roady tyre. Tons of grip in the dry (getting a bit of wheelspin in the wet). Almost tempted to do a track day on them.
    Interestin. Had an MT90 A/T on the front of the yellow hippo. Loved it. Stuck like shit to the blanket, I went out & practiced some emergency braking in the rain. It just gripped. I'm sure I could have done a stoppie if the bike was less portly. Just flexed the forks instead. When I took it off the Shinko 705 on the back was knackered but the Pirelli looked fresh. Impressive side grip on gravel, too, all things considered.
    On the edge it would start to scrabble around the corner, a bit of tread movement to let you know that it was time to take a chill pill. I had the very edge of the tread rounded off. A first (and probably last) for me.
    Relatively cheap as well.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    XRV750, DL650, KL250, XR200R
    Shinko 700 for me too, For its price its a bloody good tyre, smooth on the road and hooks up well on the shingle.
    COP, "Ive been waiting to catch you all day"
    BIKER "Sorry officer, I got here as fast as I could"

Bike
    89 GPX750, 06KLR650
    KLR is a great choice of bike. I'm Another who uses the Shinko E700 for the rear, and have been using the Shinko E704 on the front.
    Paul’s Adventure riding Photo’s

Latest photo's

Paved Roads are just another example of Wasted Taxpayer Dollars

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    does anyone know who the dealer for MEFO tires are.... im likeing the look of the explorer, very simular to the E07 and have heard great reviews on XRs in the states
    'Good things come to those who wait'
    Bollocks, get of your arse and go get it

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Interestin. Had an MT90 A/T on the front of the yellow hippo. Loved it. Stuck like shit to the blanket, I went out & practiced some emergency braking in the rain. It just gripped. I'm sure I could have done a stoppie if the bike was less portly. Just flexed the forks instead. When I took it off the Shinko 705 on the back was knackered but the Pirelli looked fresh. Impressive side grip on gravel, too, all things considered.
    On the edge it would start to scrabble around the corner, a bit of tread movement to let you know that it was time to take a chill pill. I had the very edge of the tread rounded off. A first (and probably last) for me.
    Relatively cheap as well.
    I concur that the MT90 is a magic road and gravel tire and would considering using them at a track day too, Wont put anything else on the 950 as consider everything else I've tried unsafe at the speeds and G forces bigger bikes can generate.

Anyways its not an issue as KTM is having a rest for a while with the new KLR kid in town

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    KLR is a great choice of bike. I'm Another who uses the Shinko E700 for the rear, and have been using the Shinko E704 on the front.
    There is a rumour that there is a new FB page for us, Check out "New Zealand KLR650 Owners Group" its a closed to keep out the Honda and KTM rif raf but I'm sure the OP will let you join

Will check out the Shinko, or should I say Sinko tires

Thread Information