Page 223 of 233 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3486

Thread: Tyre choice for adventure riding? (Mixing road and off-road)

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Does anyone know the name and contact details of the place in Amberley (Canterbury) that sells offroad tyres,I have been trying to contact them via TM but my messages get answered by someone overseas-Thanks in advance.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    What is their TM account name? Is it thomasbt ?

The thomasbt account seems to be the most prominent adventure tyre advertiser on TM in Amberley so I'm going to assume it is.
    Among the tyre adds I found one advert by them for a BMW screen and another for a Quad bike which included phone numbers which I googled back to...
    City Motorcycle & Scooter Services
    4 Mclean Drive
    RD 1 Amberley
    e: info@citymotorcyclerentals.com
    p: 03 3149947

If it's not them then I have no idea.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Does anyone know the name and contact details of the place in Amberley (Canterbury) that sells offroad tyres,I have been trying to contact them via TM but my messages get answered by someone overseas-Thanks in advance.
    kiwi motorcycle rentals

andrea@motorcyclerentals.kiwi

www.kiwimotorcyclerentals.com

I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Thanks guys--I think both your replies are same company with different name as both have same phone #

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    Yea, you're right, chased City Motorcycle & Scooter Services down a bit more online and you end up redirected around to www.kiwimotorcyclerentals.com with the same physical address too.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Thanks for link to your site

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    I've ordered a couple of Kenda tyres off cycletreads for when I'm going 'proper off-road' due to being unhappy at how the 50/50 tyres work in slippery mud.
    http://www.cycletreads.co.nz/product...nda_k770d.aspx on special at $79 instead of $125 made it worth giving one a try.
    I also ordered a front for $59.

I'm also trying to decide what the bike should be using for all the normal riding where it is mainly seal along with some gravel. I liked the Shinko E700 tyres when I got them but half worn they don't really feel that great on gravel, still perfectly fine on sealed roads though.
    My front E07 that came on the bike is still lasting well and I'm tempted to keep using that one and buy a new E07 for the rear, I suspect that they will work out cheaper than the Shinko tyres due to how long they tend to last.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    that black thing above the puddle of oil
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    I've ordered a couple of Kenda tyres off cycletreads for when I'm going 'proper off-road' due to being unhappy at how the 50/50 tyres work in slippery mud.
    http://www.cycletreads.co.nz/product...nda_k770d.aspx on special at $79 instead of $125 made it worth giving one a try.
    I also ordered a front for $59.
    Is this for your DR650. You might need multiple rim locks as the 18 inch tyre may spin a little on the 17 inch rim. At least it'd be easy to fit.
    Showing off for the camera since ages ago

Barts Photos
    Barts adventure photo thread

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    OK-I ended up buying Heidenau K60 Scout tires from Kiwi Bike Rentals--Good price,good service and there are some good reps on these-Time will tell-A word of warning,take the front tire and wheel to a tyre shop to machine fit,almost impossible to spoon on-we did it,it was a Sunday,and took two hours struggle even with a hair drier and longer levers.

Bike
    OK-I ended up buying Heidenau K60 Scout tires from Kiwi Bike Rentals--Good price,good service and there are some good reps on these-Time will tell-A word of warning,take the front tire and wheel to a tyre shop to machine fit,almost impossible to spoon on-we did it,it was a Sunday,and took two hours struggle even with a hair drier and longer levers.
    What size front is it? I've never had issues with a front tyre...but I'm known to get a little heavy handed with a large rubber hammer. Beat it into submission.

Barts Photos

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    My Dad just fitted a pair to his KDX 200sr and said the same thing. He ordered some East German tire levers at the same time, fortunately. What bike are you going to get dusty Black Knight?

We might be heading over your way on Sunday, The Farm. Off road only, though.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    '17 CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    Is this for your DR650. You might need multiple rim locks as the 18 inch tyre may spin a little on the 17 inch rim. At least it'd be easy to fit.
    For the DR650 but on a DR350 18" wheel, with TUbliss system which works as an inflatable 360° rim lock.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable
    "If the cops didn't see it, I didn't do it!"
    - George Carlin (RIP)

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
    For the DR650 but on a DR350 18" wheel, with TUbliss system which works as an inflatable 360° rim lock.
    Ahhhh. That makes more sense. Though I was having a quiet chuckle thinking of the expression on your face when the wrong sized tyre turned up. You know...small things amuse small minds etc.

Barts Photos

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries

Anakee Three's fitted to KLE500

So kanny wanted a less aggressive tyre on her KLE, so the MT21's came off, and after visiting John at Boyds, aka He who is the master at pencil sharpen ing, a pair of A3's went on.

First off, I went for the 120/90 over the std 130/90, as the 120 was on the rack, and John frowned at me when I asked for the same sharp price, on a wider tyre, that he would have to order in, plus the KLE is hardly going to be under tyred with a 120.

Secondly, these arenot tyres you want change by hand on a isolated trail. Fark they were hard, as the sidewalls are as stiff as a stiff thing.

Beading out the front took 100psi, (the kle fr rim has aggressive grip grooves on the inside.

Anywhoo, after a quick 70km scrub in ride over country seal, and a fang over about 20km of gravel road, I'm well impressed.

Great hook up on gravel, surprised by the amount of fr brake that can be used on gravel, and very confidence inspiring.

Ok, they will be horrible on mud,clay,and maybe wet grass, but they are fine on dry grass.

Good enough for a trip through the Molesworth and Rainbow, and smooth as silk on the seal.
    I like the Shinko705, (thanks nordie for pushing the barrow), but the Anakee3 is a far better tyre IMHO

Two tyres plus two new tubes via Boyds cost $340. Can't complain at that.

Bike
    07XL650V, 89GPX250F

Shinko E804/ 805

Finally replaced aging TW41 and E705 with new Shinkos on the Transalp, went out on Sunday and explored the as yet unopened Cambridge expressway. Threw a bit of everything at the new tires and was impressed over all, they reminded me of riding an actual dirt bike in soft dirt and felt great while stood up on all sorts of gravel. I even found a long nice patch of decent mud and was very happy with the way the tires handled it.

I was told I should expect 4000k's, not bad for the little I paid for them

Thread Information