Page 215 of 233 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3486

Thread: Tyre choice for adventure riding? (Mixing road and off-road)

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Just put up a review on the GoldenTyre GT333

http://www.remotemoto.com/tyres/goldentyre-gt-333-rear/
    Over 800 New Zealand adventure riding routes www.remotemoto.com

Bike
    Obsolete ones.

Piwelli MT43

I'm sure there is info here about's, but me and the search function do not get on. Any hoo. I have a new steed in the shed, Gasgas Randonne. It is shod with MT 43 tubeless DOT approved trials (ish) tires. Anybody here had experience with these tires on & off road, the bike is rego'd & warranted, wet tar, gravel etc?
    Just lookin for a bit of info. The bike is about 90kg wet and is not really a tire shredder. 125 air cooled 4t motor....
    Manopausal.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    What about them?
    Got them on the TT350.

Guys up here with them on the back of KTM 300's that get a couple of season's out of them.

The diameter of the rear compared to a normal 18" is the same as gearing up a tooth on the front.

I run 18r/20f on the seal, 14r/16f gravel and 10r/16f in the rocky, slow stuff.

Bike
    Suzuki DR650, Beta Xtrainer with CLAKE
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I'm sure there is info here about's, but me and the search function do not get on. Any hoo. I have a new steed in the shed, Gasgas Randonne. It is shod with MT 43 tubeless DOT approved trials (ish) tires. Anybody here had experience with these tires on & off road, the bike is rego'd & warranted, wet tar, gravel etc?
    Just lookin for a bit of info. The bike is about 90kg wet and is not really a tire shredder. 125 air cooled 4t motor....
    Doesnt matter what the tyre is like, with a 125 4 stroke you will get about 18 years out of anyway 7 Hp doesnt destroy anything

OK bullshit aside a nice light weight bike, lots of fun, that type of tyre goes well in many places, its biggest enemy is mud and long wet grass, mind you there are not many tyres that perform in mud unless they have more gaps than knobs
    Cheers Paul
    Check out our new website www.motomox.co.nz my very own sand pit with lots of cool toys

My bikes Suzuki DR650 2010, Beta Xtrainer 300 2016, Beta RR498 2014

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    Just bought the tyres I'll be using on the dusty butt. Pirelli MX EXTRA X front , a tyre that lasts well on the WR. Rear tyre is a Mitas C-02 . The Mitas comes highly recommended so that's both bikes sorted for up and coming dusty butt.
    flashg

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Cheers for a bit of feed back. I have yet to get the wee beast on the road but I guess the only thing I'm slightly concerned with is grip on wet tar. So far the grip in a soggy garden, wet grass, roots, clay banks, pungas, etc has been outstanding. Got shy of 10 psi front & rear. Bugger all deflection that I have noticed so far.
    Quite rightly the bike is not a tire shredder but it does have the ability to wind itself around the back wheel at will. Quite startling really. I'm very impressed. Goes up and down concrete steps as if it was a ramp. Nothing like a TY.
    I think the front tire might last until the second coming.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by flashg View Post
    Just bought the tyres I'll be using on the dusty butt. Pirelli MX EXTRA X front
    That's surprising. Thought an MX tyre would get shredded rather quickly on the road.

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries
    Looking to have a go at some serious tracks in the Coromandel over summer. Wires etc.

Have a Pirelli Mt 21 on the front ATM, advise needed for rear... I expect clay mud and lots of slippery rocks (even when dry). Will the Mt 21 do at front?

Maybe Mitas C-16 or EF-05?
    Sticking to the back roads

Bike
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by oneblackflag View Post
    ...Maybe Mitas C-16 or EF-05?
    Both of those tyres are great for technical terrain, hard to pick between the two but you can't go wrong with either

There are a couple of reviews here on the C-16: http://www.remotemoto.com/tyres/mitas-c-16-rear/
    And one review here on the EF-05: http://www.remotemoto.com/tyres/mitas-ef-05-rear/

Good luck with your trip
    Over 800 New Zealand adventure riding routes www.remotemoto.com

Bike
    500EXC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RMOTO View Post
    Both of those tyres are great for technical terrain, hard to pick between the two but you can't go wrong with either

There are a couple of reviews here on the C-16: http://www.remotemoto.com/tyres/mitas-c-16-rear/
    And one review here on the EF-05: http://www.remotemoto.com/tyres/mitas-ef-05-rear/

Good luck with your trip
    Thanks. Know where to buy online? Usually use cycletreads but they dont have them.
    Sticking to the back roads

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    That's surprising. Thought an MX tyre would get shredded rather quickly on the road.

The last MX EXTRA X front lasted 4,500 kms and did the last dusty butt. I threw it in the garage rafters and my son the father of three who will be broke for years to come saw it and now has ot on his EXC 450 and loves it. I think it's a great tyre, there was a new one on the stolen WR 450.
    flashg

Bike
    The last MX EXTRA X front lasted 4,500 kms and did the last dusty butt. I threw it in the garage rafters and my son the father of three who will be broke for years to come saw it and now has ot on his EXC 450 and loves it. I think it's a great tyre, there was a new one on the stolen WR 450.
    Oh nice. Never would have considered them without hearing that. Food for thought for the future. Cheers.

Bike
    Agent Orange
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    Oh nice. Never would have considered them without hearing that. Food for thought for the future. Cheers.
    The MX Xtra's provide great grip in gravel and have surprisingly good manners on the seal, but them's are not DOT approved.
    Use them by all means, but not when you're getting a WOF, and possibly to the detriment of any insurance policy you might carry.

I run them on my 525 EXC because I get them for next to nothing, in lightly worn condition off a Mx'er mate, but make sure I'm legal when it counts.
    Two wheel sets, get my drift? My cush hub wheel has a nice T63 on it.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFrog View Post
    The MX Xtra's provide great grip in gravel and have surprisingly good manners on the seal, but them's are not DOT approved.
    Use them by all means, but not when you're getting a WOF, and possibly to the detriment of any insurance policy you might carry.

I run them on my 525 EXC because I get them for next to nothing, in lightly worn condition off a Mx'er mate, but make sure I'm legal when it counts.
    Two wheel sets, get my drift? My cush hub wheel has a nice T63 on it.

My last one was not dot approved but this one has ( DOT XE 29 N337 0213 ) does this mean its DOT approved ? Also has rotation arrow ( made in Brazil ) and does not say.........NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE
    flashg

Bike
    Agent Orange
    My last one was not dot approved but this one has ( DOT XE 29 N337 0213 ) does this mean its DOT approved ? Also has rotation arrow ( made in Brazil ) and does not say.........NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE
    Well that's a win if you've found one that is DOT stamped, you're half way there. I know they have changed the specs slightly with the new MX Xtra X tyre.
    You said it doesn't have NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE marked, but sometimes manufacturer's abbreviate this with NHS stamp instead. If no stamp then you're good to go!

Thread Information