Thread: Dead spot at 8-9k

Bike
    1992 Honda Xelvis VT250FN

Dead spot at 8-9k

One thing I noticed on my way to Hamilton was that I hit a dead spot in my rev range at 8k-9k rpm. I'm completely unable to go over 8k rpm, which makes it a bit difficult to go anywhere fast. I get a sort of push-pull feeling while trying to ride. Anyone have any ideas as to why this could be?

Bike
    Ducati 996 '01, Yamaha '04 R6 Race
    Could be dirt in your carbs? or bad plugs, or an ignition coil on the way out.
    It'll be either ignition or fuel related, so just a matter of working through each system till something turns up.
    Get a manual....
    Viva La Figa

Bike
    Blog Entries
    8-9 grand would be getting right up there for a 15 year old v-twin 250. i'll either need re-zorsting/re-jetting, or swapped for an i-l4 to rev much higher.

Bike
    90' VFR750
    Hi,
    My bike had similar problems. I changed the spark plugs and it went fine for about 100km's and then i toke them out and they were black as black can be... Got someone who claims he knew what he was doing, he repositioned the sparkplug leads and changed the spark plugs over again and it has been fine ever since (mine is a 4 cyl. though)...

Thread Information