Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GasGas Hebo Plastics Help!

Bike
    1995 Yamaha SRV250

Question GasGas Hebo Plastics Help!

Hi, everyone

I am looking for some first hand experience regarding the cost and location of GasGas Hebo plastics. I believe no one yet makes aftermarket ones?
    My 2002 Ec400Fse requires both front and rear guards, when I enquired at my local (Hamilton) Triumph dealer I was informed that they would be dearer then KTM! This I cannot figure, as I have read on several occasions that GasGas plastics are cheaper then the Jap models in the UK? So who is making all the difference? Most likely our friendly / greedy importers? If any one can help, it would be most appreciated.

My reply to the critics “Don’t slag off GasGas just because you are too lazy to do your maintenance! All the whinger's are just mechanically inept”

Bike
    Why not phone a gas gas dealer?

Bike
    1995 Yamaha SRV250
    Quote Originally Posted by XTC
    Why not phone a gas gas dealer?
    Hamilton Motor Cycle centre is the local GasGas Dealer, by virtue of being the Triumph agent. I have no confidence in them, as well as being overpriced on every item they stock!
    I am looking for forum members who have replaced their GasGas plastics and who have found a good deal with a particular person / company, I would also like to know what sort of hassle was involved. As HMC said six weeks minimum wait time! Considering I can order from the states and have the product in NZ with two weeks, I see this as a bit of a joke …

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    we used to be a gas gas dealer and droped it because of issues like these, thier spare part supply is very bad, i would get onto a australian dealer as thier is a good distrubtor over thier

Bike
    RF900 /cbr1100xx/GAS GAS 250
    I have a gasgas trials bike, parts are cheap! real cheap
    talk to peter boettcher, hes up in Auckland, knows his stuff.
    I get all by bits from him. peterboettchernz@yahoo.co.nz
    he brings in gasgas bits and i think bikes as well.

or Brendan from nelson trials centre, he may be able to get you some gasgas plastics, i got a rear guard for my bike from him.

Nelson Marlborough Trials Centre
    Unit 1/9 Auckland Street
    Blenheim,
    New Zealand.
    Ph/Fax 0064 3 579 2500
    Mobile 027 230 3151
    Email: montesa@trialsnz.co.nz
    www.trialsnz.com
    its Crazy Big Al but if your have lesbian fantasies you can read it crazy bi gal if you like!

Bike
    None yet

gas gas parts crossover

Check out this link http://www.gasgasrider.org/html/parts_crossover.html
    It lists some parts that you can use from other bikes. including front and rear fenders.

Also for my gas gas I have used Mt Eden motorcycles in Auckland and they seem to be really on to it, and i haven't found parts to be very expensive at all, much cheaper then the old RMX 250 I came off.

Bike
    CRS
    Try Supacross Cycles (TM Dealer) in Commerce street, they will be stocking Hebo in about a week as the TM distributor is the new Hebo distributor for NZ.

Bike
    1995 Yamaha SRV250

Smile =) Thanks for the help...

Thanks everyone, I have taken all your recommendations on board, and will contact several of those mentioned in order to gain a quote. If anyone has more recommendations or information regarding GasGas parts feel free to contribute. Likewise if any one requires my help regarding info on the GasGas Ec400fse or 2005 Pampera 250 please ask, and I will do my best to answer.

As an aside, after Vroom’s comment about (TM) I looked at some of their bikes, and lowan behold, don’t those plastics look familiar? Does any one know where TM’s plastics are made? Could they be from the Hebo factory in Spain??

Thanks for all your answers, please keep them coming, and remember “the more time you are on your computer the less time you are out in the shed greasing your swinging arm bearings!”

Bike
    CRS
    TM plastics are mainly UFO from Italy. Cheers

Bike
    2005 Gas Gas EC250
    Quote Originally Posted by highspeedsteel
    It lists some parts that you can use from other bikes. including front and rear fenders.

Also for my gas gas I have used Mt Eden motorcycles in Auckland and they seem to be really on to it, and i haven't found parts to be very expensive at all, much cheaper then the old RMX 250 I came off.
    Cheers dude you are a fucken legend! I lost the link to that site and have been looking for it for ages.
    WM
    Wellyman

Bike
    2004 GasGas EC300
    Quote Originally Posted by highspeedsteel
    It lists some parts that you can use from other bikes. including front and rear fenders. .
    U are a legend for finding that one. Now all i want to know is the the exhaust flange crossover and exhaust crossover(to many crashes)
    "Im in a glass case of emotion!!!"
    "Would you like to come to a party in my pants?"
    "Its not a question about how it grips its.... Are you saying that a 4ounce bird can carry a 1 pound coconut!"
    "I am a Riding God"

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    The exhaust flange is avaliable from LTR as a steel one. LTR are after market US co.

I buy parts from Dirt Action in Chch (yellowpages.co.nz), despite being in Wgtn. Linton there will try hard & is the man for GG suspension revalving. Have bought some bits (like LTR) from Smackover in US, but they have just gone under. Forum still going though:
    http://www.smackovermotorsports.com/bb/index.php
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1995 Yamaha SRV250
    Thanks Dave. I bought the fse400 because it had a genuine 60 hours on it, unfortunately those 60 hours had been a lot harder then anticipated, and have just replaced the wheel bearings and swing arm linkage needle bearings (due to lack of maintenance), as I have done with all my previous bikes I have added grease nipples to the linkage to maintain positive pressure inside. The rocker cover, (if you can still call it that?) has been off and the valve clearances are still within spec! So looks like it will be another 6mounths before I go there again. The questions regarding plastics are so I could find the “gun man” in this department so to speak. And you guys have been great with contacts which I am following up, but if you have replaced your GasGas plastics please quote a price as I am sure myself and other owners would be interested to know who’s paying what for what, it helps the bargain hunters among us separate the deals from the steals.

Bike
    Kawasaki kxf250

Gasgas ec400fse

Hi , I am looking at getting a trail bike , sick of mx bikes , small fuel tanks, wrong gearing, etc. very keen on a 2002 gasgas ec400fse, I have had plenty of gasgas 2 strokes , I am wanting electric start and I don't want to by a ktm. Can someone give me an honest review of this gasgas ec400fse.
    Thanks Marcus

Bike
    KTM 200exc 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwood View Post
    Hi , I am looking at getting a trail bike , sick of mx bikes , small fuel tanks, wrong gearing, etc. very keen on a 2002 gasgas ec400fse, I have had plenty of gasgas 2 strokes , I am wanting electric start and I don't want to by a ktm. Can someone give me an honest review of this gasgas ec400fse.
    Thanks Marcus
    Why dont you want to buy a ktm?
    Ruts Before Sluts

Thread Information