Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fucking mini-choppers

Bike
    1986 RZ350 + many others

Angry Fucking mini-choppers

I'm going down linwood ave in my classic 1975 corolla wagon which is difficult to get parts for as it is 31 years old right, stop at the lights, look in my rear view mirror, see some punk wearing a hoodie on a mini-chopper coming up. He trys to filter up beside, only to fucking hit the side of my car, the thing is so bloody unstable. Shit I was angry, he took off around the corner, not stopping, I pull over after the light turns green and have a look to inspect the damage.

Luckly there was only a black scrape down the side and no panel damage. It didn't bother me too much as I am planning on painting the old girl anyway, but it is just the principle of it.

Am I the only one to think they should be banned for street use? They're bloody dangerous, they all ride like dickheads, giving real bikers a bad name, and they're really low, making them more likely to be unseen by cars.

Didn't even see a plate on the back of this thing, must not have been registered! Idiot.
    Two Stroke, the pinnacle of engine design

Bike
    '90 GSXR250 in black
    what is with those fools, i was riding to uni a couple of months ago, and one pulled out in front of me, same story, some dick wearing a black hoodie, shorts, no gloves and a motorcross helmet, no number plate and the thing sounded like an enormous lawnmower
    http://thenc30project.blogspot.com/

Popping wheelies on sj50's since 2003
    Code:
    if (user.postcount > user.yearsriding*user.ccrating) {
    user = kiwibiker.postwhore}

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    Its the f**ken Idiots who ride them, was visiting an uncle this afternoon and this f**ken wanker was ripping up and down the street on 1, hand all the gear you need to look cool, shorts, T shirt, trackshoes and sunnys.
    Its like they have nothing better to do than rip up and down the street, were are the cops when you want one, up SH16.
    got the same problem on my street, but there is also this clown up the road who has an old XR200 who every now and then seem to find the need to roar up and down the street on it, no Helmet sometimes he has a pillian on back feet bloody near dragging on the ground these are the people that stuff it up for us.

Bike
    Lil Tricycle
    Anyone who rides one of those shits is a little cunt, you should have followed him and rear ended him at low speeds and taken off mate simple. I seriously would have done exactly that aye.

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    next time open the door and say that you didnt see him, as he isnt registered for using it on the road he would in my opinion become liable for all damages incurred.
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    GF250 (Morty)
    Hear hear.

Hate 'em.

Too small, too whiny, too often driven by inconsiderate maniacs.
    There's Life, the Universe and Everything, but I prefer pizza.

Bike
    1998 Kawasaki ZX6R
    same feelings here. these idiots think they know all about riding a bike....not EVEN CLOSE!!! and the bloody law does nothing....they should be banned on the road. we sweat our ARSES in getting a LEARNERS then RESTRICTED then FULL not to mention the COST of all the right GEAR and what do these fools do....well the law says "you can ride anything under 50cc with a drivers license..BLOODY HELL...thats just aint FAIR!!!!.....and you can get these things registered for only $150...bloody stupid LAW....talk about double standards!!!!
    The RICH man is one who has true friends!

Bike
    I was under the impression that a law is being put through to say that a rider has to be sat a certain height from the ground, thereby killing all minichoppers

maybe not though

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    It is people of the same ilk as those that buy minichoppers that buy 'soft-air' BB guns, - for the same reasons.
    They can't afford the real thing and they can't get their shit together enough to get the licence needed to use the real thing.

And it ruins it for the rest of us.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    1999 CBR1100XX Blackbird
    Chased a little shit on one a few months ago... jammed him against a garage door after he did a runner but somehow he got around the front wheel of my bike... then chased him for about 1km on the footpath before he went up an alleyway. I followed him up the alleyway but I couldn't get through the metal bars at the end so lost him. Then I had to back the Beemer up about 50 metres before I could turn around to get out. (Oh yeah, it was in Otara, surprise, surprise).

BC

Bike
    1998 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Chased a little shit on one a few months ago... jammed him against a garage door after he did a runner but somehow he got around the front wheel of my bike... then chased him for about 1km on the footpath before he went up an alleyway. I followed him up the alleyway but I couldn't get through the metal bars at the end so lost him. Then I had to back the Beemer up about 50 metres before I could turn around to get out. (Oh yeah, it was in Otara, surprise, surprise).
    WOW...now thats a real police chase....yea thats rite BC....that would be Otara...he even did a runner. whats worse! so did you confiscate the chopper!!!
    The RICH man is one who has true friends!

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    These mini-bikes were becoming a serious problem over here as well. Thankfully things are being done about them:

http://www.voy.com/149140/2497.html
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    A black one
    A quote from the forum Bob's linked to:

"Worst example here was last week,idiot not only cut across an oncoming bus and went down a one-way street the wrong way but all the while had a 10 month old baby wedged between himself and the tank!!He`s got a list of traffic offences to answer and being done for putting a child at risk of bodily harm as well,good chance he`ll go down."

Looks like our WT has some competition out there..!
    The world is my oxter

Bike
    Sold
    Scumdog is spot on - the riders all seem to look the same too. Maybe it's a modern version of "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers" There's a complete tosser weaving all over the road just north of Thames every time I go up to Coromandel, complete with hoodie an' all. He puts everyone at risk, not only himself. I never thought I'd bag other bikes and bikers, but those things are bloody dangerous.

Bike
    None - sad jazz hands! (Ex-06 GN250)
    I've seen them in Wgtn riding down Willis Street sandwiched between buses. Ooops, sorry mate - didn't see you down there [squelch].

Every time I see one, I just shake my head in amazement that those stupid things are allowed on the road. What were the people who decided that thinking?

Also saw one in the 80 kph part of Eastern Hutt Road. Going at least 80. Safety gear? Jeans, shirt and....ummmm...baseball cap.... Yeah, that'll work.

I hate those damn things.

Thread Information