Page 132 of 573 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 8585

Thread: ATNR (Auckland Thursday night ride) - Discussion thread

Bike
    Honda PC800
    yea i thought it was him --thats why I wasnt on the ride--Um that combined with the fact every ride I turn up on seems to turn into a crashfest
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Suzuki B-King, Fatbob, YammyTricker

eek

Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    welcome to the reason I dont go on these rides anymore!

In any case you guys wont learn that they scout that route. The last run in with them was when they stopped us all and took a few licences... thats the last time I did a Westie Thursday night ride.
    Sorry guys love ya all but i got a few things to say

This is not a personal attack to any particular persons we are just letting you know how we feel okay.
    We will say it 1 more time for those who dont get it. This is a social event ending at a pub for a feed and a chin wag , you do not have to go at break neck speeds to have fun, you can do under 120km and have a ball with all the twisties/roads we do.

1/ WTF? That incident was nearly 4 months ago whoopydo no big deal harden up its not like they are spending all there time waiting around for us

2/ We have alot of regulars that come on the ride. They are not all newbees so talk about something ya know. Yes we have newbees that come, whats wrong with that"get a grip" you once were a newbee

3/ Markaucklander has never bothered me,and i am in noway defending him but dont use him as a excuse to run our ATNR down. I have been doing this ride with QKCHK for over 2 years. We have alot of fun on this ride so If you dont like it fuckoff Dawn and i are not interested in hearing your bullshit.

4/ We care about the people who come on our rides. We dont have bins every week either. The roads we do have alot of variety and there are some bad corners that can easily catch you out, so yes you will have the odd binn and yes We do try and vary the route For what it is worth we have introduced into our ride 2 new shit hot roads what the fuck would you really know YOU have not done them. The ride is now 87kms long We hardly ever see those that bitch about it.

5/ We are constantly getting 50 plus bikes on our rides ,so i guess the numbers speak volume

6/ I have never had a ticket in over 2 years doing this ride, so it can be done. Dawn hasnt had a ticket either, so there goes that theory of too many cops hounding our ride. And we are there every Thursday nite all year round. I am not saying i wont get one, but i probably deserve one, probably more than one, but we always say at your own peril if you choose to speed.

7/ We put alot of effort into this event, Support it or fuck off , we are not interested in what SouthAuckland ride does and we dont post in it. They are not binn free either and its a small group or riders. Anyway its none of our buisness or right to critisize or give our viewpoint on the way Dovers thread /ride is done. How about all you wingers out there do the same, or better still organise your own ride and turn up to it every week. It takes a little effort.

8/ I personally ride at the rear of the group sometimes in the middle of the group and sometimes lead the group, and i have started at the back being a pointer and gone through the pack to the front and in all that time I have never been close to being hit from behind or had any close shaves with anyone in front of me. The only incident we have had was with a certain JSG and he was told to hit the road (fuckoff) and yes we do talk with the people who have ridin issues we just dont post it all over kiwibiker okay.

9/ Lastly a bit of thanks wouldnt go astray instead of negative bullshit. And last of all dont tell us how to run our ride, be constuctive not destructive. Its comments like we see on here that give perception and it creates a false perception of the ride and all the hard work put into it.

Learn to ride - Basic Skills Handling Testing
    NZTA Approved Motorcycle Instructor
    www.ridertraining.co.nz

Learn to Ride - Basic Handling Skills (BHS) Training and Testing - Onroad Coaching for Restricted/Full Licence Tests
    Auckland Training grounds 63 Mihini Road Henderson
    0800 LRN2RD Txt\ imessage 021878755 or 0210334766
    info@ridertraining.co.nz

Bike
    08 CRF 450, 2K RSV-R
    thank you quickies
    XLR8 Racing
    Spectrum Motorcycles
    Computerforce
    Metzler, Maxima oils

Bike
    I guess the Markauckland comment was directed at me.

He is a talented young rider with barley a single functioning brain neuron, and he is dangerous to be around. A fact backed up by the numerous negative comments from many others virtually every time he rides, further more his behavior does not change. I do not want to be around Mark or anyone like him.

My perception [backed by numerous personal experiences] is that the cops target the ride. A major ticketing exercise I witnessed was so upsetting for many the ATNR was left to its own devices for many weeks, the organisers clearly upset as well. And the ticketing continues still.

Again my perception of bins is based on reality having witnessed a few over my time, and read about the carnage.

I decided not long ago that since for me personally the ATNR was not working, I could at least meet friends at the pub afterwards . On the couple of occasions I have the pigs are still sitting on old Albany highway when I go home; it ruins the night for me.

Understand that perceived negative comments are based on frustration that makes it less than pleasurable for me to attend the ATNR.

I am not sure what I can do or say to convince the organisers [qkwk's] that my comments are not negative nor targeting them or the ride. Taking freindly constructive comments personally is something I have no control over.

Bike
    K3 750
    for those maybe wanting to know 'crash and MDU' the bike mark is on is a cd250u, - we got one in the garage.

Bike
    B12
    Awaiting Disco_Dan to put it up on 'youtube' for everyone to view.
    The footage is a bit boring, the camera wasnt recording for the most of the time, so missed out all the fuckwit riding of his...
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    Wasn't me officer, honest, it was that morcs guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
    Yeah I do recall, but dismissed it as being you when I saw both wheels on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    lulz, ever ridden a TL1000R? More to the point, ever ridden with teh Morcs? Didn't fink so.

Bike
    Whatever is in the garage - FXDC, Bking
    Blog Entries

Angry ffs!

Qkkid summed it up pretty well,
    but here in plain english:

Too much bullshit about the ride and it will be closed down - SIMPLE.

We don't have to be there EVERY WEEK, we do have 'a life' and a busy one at that. We 'donate' our time organising these rides/activities so we can all enjoy being on KB.

If it comes down to it, me and Qkkid will do our own thing..............

www.Ridertraining.co.nz
    NZTA Approved CBTA Instructor Assessor
    - Restricted + Full Licence Training & Testing
    - Onroad Coaching & Training
    Auckland
    Call or Txt 0210334766
    info@ridertraining.co.nz

Bike
    Hmm... not sure if the ride has reached the point where it's taken on a life by itself...

I'd wager that even if you stopped running it, others would step in to take your place.

Bike
    Orange ones! (and a few others...)
    I'm glad you have spoken up (Qks) as I have been considering joining the thursday night ride to put some faces to names but have been a bit put off by the negative comments.
    I am not a great fan of massed rides for the same reasons speedi & six pack mention but you've got to meet people in other than cyberspace so I will attempt to get along when work & family permit.

Don't give up, the silent majority do appreciate the effort you put in.

Bike
    02 YZF426
    this is bollocks.... it seems to me the only people bitching are the ones that havent been on "the ride" in awhile......when you get a big group ride like this its goin to atract attention...some good and some bad...... bad being the cops....tho i havent seen a cop on this ride untill last thursday for a few months now......one cop in a few months..sounds like good odds to me.....your also goin to get pollotics between riders the bigger the group the more pollotics there will be....if you have a problem with a rider dont bitch to the Qks's about it.....go talk to the rider yourself none of you are children and the Qk's dont need to be holding your hands because you cant stand your own ground when you have a problem with people....

and for the good stuff..... good roads good company and has anyone else notice the kids standing at the end of there driveways waving as we go past over the last few weeks......must be a buzz for these kids to see all those bikes goin past....

steve and dawn your doin a great job.....keep it up (tho i wouldnt blame you if you didnt)
    further north than the northland crew

Bike
    orange, light, loud: all i need
    Blog Entries
    It seems to me that you northerners need to try a different tact. (I ride in Sth Auck)
    Obviously you have too many riders (IMO) and the trouble with that is that others are not used to the riding styles of anyone else. If you don't trust someone's riding in a group, you won't enjoy the ride much or at the least, you'll avoid them like the plague.

You also DO seem plagued by the pigs.

My humble suggestions; talk personally or by PM to those who are riding much faster than the main group and suggest they organise a ride to a different location or on a different day. Post that the ride is a slow, medium or fast paced one but don't post where you're going at all (Thereby not giving the pigs a clue). Decide or inform at the pre ride meeting point just where it's going and try to leave in different directions so the cops don't get used to your route.

Personally I ride quckly but don't like going too fast.
    The difference? Riding quickly can mean sitting on 100-120ish on the straights but not slowing down for the corners. Riding fast means exceeding the speed limit by a considerable degree like doing 160-240kph; I value my licence and life too much to do that often or at all.

On the Sth Auckland ride I sometimes like to go more quicly than the others but usually only for a small part of the ride. When I feel the urge I go off ahead by myself and that means others are not around to be endangered by my speed/style etc. However, when we hit big straights and 'some' amongst us twist the throttle and hit big speed; I generally am happy to let them disappear into the distance knowing that I'll catch them in the corners or they'll be waiting at some intersection.

Our sth Auckland rides vary from 6 or 7 bikes to about 25 bikes. Usually however, the ride splits up into fast riders and more sedate riders; none of us seems to have an issue with that or with the way others ride. The difference is that we generally know the riding styles of all our riders and know what they'll do in any given circumstance.

With 50+ ridiers I suspect that's impossible on your rides.

Anyway, I hope you figure something out, I've thought about joining you for a ride on occassion but I'm also put off by riding in a large group amongst riders I neither know or trust to be close to.
    The last time I did so was with a Ulysseus run. I wasn't a member, just invited. I hated it: too many differnt levels of skill, speed and adrenaline to ride together safely. I too prefer groups of half a dozen or so and prefer riding with people I trust through experience.

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SixPackBack View Post
    He is a talented young rider with barley a single functioning brain neuron,

awwww mate i'm touched , i feel the love so deeply in my heart.

talented aye.... jesus you been been into them magic mushys again eh?

mmmmmm just gotta get a job so i can get finance on a shiny brand new zx10

hehehehe

but alas i won't be nutting it...

i do have desire to live

i also find it amusing that at the pub i hate people saying i was a good rider nice lines etc.

and i didn't cut off anyone or anything like that moved aside on straights to let others through

thankyou once again to steve and dawn for organising this...it's the highlight of my week

stop bitching on the internet and ride your bikes people

ARGUEING ON THE INTERNET IS LIKE COMPETING IN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS, EVEN IF YOU WIN YOUR STILL RETARDED

cheers: SM

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    talented aye.... jesus mmmmmm just gotta get a job so i can get finance on a shiny brand new zx10

i do have desire to live

thankyou once again to steve and dawn for organising this...it's the highlight of my week

stop bitching on the internet and ride your bikes people

SM
    I've been on one ride with you SM, and with the above edited quotes from you. You will not make old bones and hopefully you don't take others with you or cause others to end it prematurely. Checked out your site and when some wants to make contact with you cos they are "tired of riding with cautious riders". It don't look promising. Funny thing at a Eulogy people never speak the truth. Ever been to one ?

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by SixPackBack View Post
    Again my perception of bins is based on reality having witnessed a few over my time, and read about the carnage.
    Sure there have been some bins, but there needs to be some perspective. The ride has been going for a couple of years and regualrly attracts over 50 riders now.

The ride is in reality no different to any other, you are no more or less likely to bin because you are on the ATNR.

That said, you are more likely to be see or hear of one on this ride due to the numbers. If this upsets anyone, buy a cage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank
    You say "no one wants to fuck with some large bloke on a really angry sounding bike" but the truth of the matter is that you are a balding middle-aged ice-cream seller from Edgecume who wears a hello kitty t-shirt (in your profile pic) and your angry sounding bike is a fucken hyoshit - not some big assed harley with a human skull on the front.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    no bitching on my part. Simple statement of fact-- by bad luck or timing I think Ive had 2 rides Ive completed (er one of em was my own bike getting a flat tyre)
    For the record Im happy to be "that guy" that recovers the busted bikes.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Thread Information