Page 134 of 573 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 8585

Thread: ATNR (Auckland Thursday night ride) - Discussion thread

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Thu night ride...

I'm not here to kiss butts, I know the Qks put in a shit load of effort to get this up and running and who the hell are we to ruin it?

Constructive criticism is always welcome (well in my camp anyway) If I'm being a dick, point it out. No problems. I expect the same of others. Beat me up and I'll be pissed off but anything life threatening will get a mention. Skidmark and JSG come up for occassional comment, and no doubt so do many others.

Cops and tickets happen. It's their job so don't bitch about it. Stepping into the line of fire is a warning I've heard in the debrief at the beginning of every Thu night ride I've been on, it's even in the disclaimer on the calendar item. I do it from time to time, and should I get snapped I wear it.

Let's all play grownups and do the same.

The vitreole I spit out in here, targetted at one or two from time to time, is based on 22 years experience on a bike, is always open to defence or challenge

I have 2 suggestions
    1) Cats fights be taken outside. Why make enemies online when you then have to ride with them offline. Any shite posts in here get moved deleted or another thread started. Precious toes will be walked on. Accept it, move on
    2) To the Qk's. I see the right to ban people from rides is mentioned in the disclaimer of the sticky. Dunno if that right is being exercised, but should you need to I'll respect it one way or t'other.

Despite it being a KB ride, there's no question who organises it, who's in charge and who we have to listen to. This isn't school, the Qk's aren't somehow resposible for our actions, but they do put the effort in, they provide an opportunity to have a lot of fun, and the bitching, backstabing and squabbling doesn't help at all.

At the end of the day, someone is in control - that's Steve and Dawn. It's a simple case of logistics. If you don't like the ride - don't come.

Fuck - this comes across so condescending - sorry guys... but... Speedie, 6pack - you guys have your reasons.. no worries. You choose not to come, or to come on occasion... whatever.

Maybe others should follow that example rather than turn this more and more into a weekly shitfight
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by ManDownUnder View Post
    2) To the Qk's. I see the right to ban people from rides is mentioned in the disclaimer of the sticky. Dunno if that right is being exercised, but should you need to I'll respect it one way or t'other.

At the end of the day, someone is in control - that's Steve and Dawn. It's a simple case of logistics. If you don't like the ride - don't come.
    Well said MDU, I agree with above quote... maybe its not being exercised. Its your ride qk's, so dont be afraid to ban people or even politely tell people that they cant/should not attend. Its starting to get quite large each week and you may need to start 'cracking the whip' a bit to make sure everyone knows who is in charge and keeps in line. You make the rules, dont be afraid to enforce them? Heck you got my support! and many others im sure...
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    1981 Yamaha XS650SH chop
    Personally I am glad that someone (Qks) with their experience takes the responsibility and effort for organising the ATNR. Well done to you both for doing this.

I don't ride a sports bike so don't seem to encounter some of the challenges that some on the ATNR talk about. My bike is a little different to most of the others on the ride and not as fast but nevertheless I have felt welcomed. When stuff has happened on my bike (as I am still running it in in its present format) I have had nothing but helpful comments and suggestions where concern has always been expressed. Thanks again.

The ATNR rides that I have made have been a great experience for me. I am also sure that my confidence and riding skills have improved. Thanks for this.

Bike
    K3 750
    how has this turned into banning ppl from the ride? :s
    no ones doin' any wrong on the ride itself, as far as i can see.

Bike
    Triumph Tiger
    Can't we all just get along??
    Seriously folks, let those who want to enjoy this ride do so and those who choose otherwise enjoy their choice also. I honestly do not see any reason for the negative comments, the quicks do a good job in organising this run and yes there are those who push themselves too hard and pay the price, this should not be seen as anyone elses responsibility but the rider.
    It is a fun ride with really good camaraderie at the end, enjoy it for what it is.

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you're just not paying attention!"
    "There is no limit to dumb."

"Resolve to live with all your might while you do live, and as you shall wish you had done ten thousand years hence."

Bike
    06 10 WITH ALL THE FANCY BITS
    Quote Originally Posted by disco dan View Post
    you may need to start 'cracking the whip' a bit to make sure everyone knows who is in charge and keeps in line
    its a ****in public road give us a break, you can't say what peple can and can't do on it

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by N4CR View Post
    its a ****in public road give us a break, you can't say what peple can and can't do on it
    Put me or mine at risk and I'll have plenty to say...
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by ManDownUnder View Post
    Put me or mine at risk and I'll have plenty to say...
    Id go one further and take action...
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary - that's what gets you."
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    1981 Yamaha XS650SH chop
    People ride together with a consensus of how they will behave, what is acceptable and what is not acceptable. Being irresponsible, endangering others, or being a total dick are not what it is about.

Bike
    06 10 WITH ALL THE FANCY BITS
    [quote = mandownunder]
    put me or mine at risk and i'll have plenty to say...
    [/quote]

i wasn't meaning that sorta stuff just the whole sieg heil keep in line or i'll shoot you if you deviate from riding behind me ****.

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    i wasn't meaning that sorta stuff just the whole sieg heil keep in line or i'll shoot you if you deviate from riding behind me ****.

all good

Right - back on topic?

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX1100 Turbo

Blah

I'll be there this thursday, I got some chicken strips to eat
    Jeremy Clarkson.

Kawasaki 200mph Club

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco Dan View Post
    I'll be there this thursday, I got some chicken strips to eat
    Oh? you're actually going to ride with the rest of us this week are you?

Bike
    oww, my other ovary hurts now....

Bike
    Whatever is in the garage - FXDC, Bking
    Blog Entries

Angry Don't waste my time Swanny.

Quote Originally Posted by SwanTiger View Post
    Maybe I'll see you all next week at the pub if I can be bothered

Then again by the way QKCHK and QKDIK are spealing they might start charging us for attending their ride? Or do you guys get a tax write-off for "donating" your time?

Haha, I look forward to your firey response
    For someone who DID have a good interest in the ATNR, you disappoint me.

It is a know fact that either myself or Qkkid have only missed approx 4 meetings over a 1-1/2 year period, not bad eh? Obviously we do close it down over the Xmas holidays - we need a break too!

We spend our spare time (and there has been plenty of times when I too, have wanted to stay home after work - doing a 12+ day on the road) and HAVE to turn up because we organise the ride. What is the point of organising something if you can't commit to it? It is certainly alot easier for a 'part-timer', like yourself to 'just turn up when it suits you'. It's these kind of comments that make me want to throw it in...........

www.Ridertraining.co.nz
    NZTA Approved CBTA Instructor Assessor
    - Restricted + Full Licence Training & Testing
    - Onroad Coaching & Training
    Auckland
    Call or Txt 0210334766
    info@ridertraining.co.nz

Thread Information