Thread: ATNR (Auckland Thursday night ride) - Discussion thread

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    i will be there to support you swanny if i'm not working

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Wow.

Firstly, goes to show just how low some Police will go to bust the public. Secondly, goes to show how much the Ploice watch KiwiBiker to bust its members. Thirdly, comiserations to all those who got pinged and/or lost their licience. Finally, thank goodness I was not on this one, although I rode like a nana last time as I did not know the roads.

And the piglets wonder why the public is loosing respect for them?
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlockNZ View Post
    we have been informed that the boys in blue will be out in force for Newbie Ride 3...

That would be great - have a talk to them - have them advise the newbies on how to stay out of trouble, be proactive and supportive. Offer some education on police methods and what the penalties are.
    It would be welcome I reckon - the newbie rides are a great idea and model of community co-operation.
    The Police should be supporting it.

Bike
    1990 Kawasaki Zxr250
    Will just need to make sure all RIDERS are OBEY ALL the terms of the liences.
    Espially the "L" and the cc.
    Otherwise a gold mine for quoter time.
    Phenoix the bike riding Phoenix.
    For from his crash, he shall rise again.
    And now his Bikes all back together again, YAY

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by inlinefour View Post
    Thirdly, comiserations to all those who got pinged and/or lost their licience.
    Well anyone that was pinged was done for license losing speeds... don't think anyone just rode away with points / fine.

Thinking it over in a more calm way, I'm sure they must have caught more of us for speeds that they could have booked us for, but can you imagine the riot that would have broken out if they'd have issued 25 tickets instead of 3.

Bike
    tzrw 06zx10r ktm300mx
    i hope you guy are still going to organise a ride next thursday i was there for this one and you guy did a great job organising it and hope more bikes turn up next week that would b a statment

Bike
    1990 Kawasaki Zxr250
    Remeber the law states you are innocent until proven guilty.
    If you havent admittde it, they must prove that it was
    A) Your bike that they caught speeding, Radar is too open in gorup riding, you cant pinpoint 1 person.
    B)You WERE the rider at the time of aleged speed.
    ie, you MAY have swapped bikes to take your mates new ZXR for a ride.
    And since you dont know exactually where they pinged you, unless they followed, AND had your in there sight 100% of the time, it is cirumstancial evidance.
    Also did anyone check the EXP date on their radar/laser ?
    Or the operating permators of said equipment, ther may be a clause about riding close together it can not CLEARLY identify said speedster.

Just my 2 cents, but rememeber that this is revenue gathering and if you fight it, it comes unporftable for the cops and they'll most likly drop it.
    Phenoix the bike riding Phoenix.
    For from his crash, he shall rise again.
    And now his Bikes all back together again, YAY

Bike
    Nada
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    ... I'm sure they must have caught more of us for speeds that they could have booked us for...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoix View Post
    but rememeber that this is revenue gathering and if you fight it, it comes unporftable for the cops and they'll most likly drop it.
    Can't be revenue gathering if they let the "mild" speeders go Phenoix.
    Don't get me wrong,it still sucks the fatty but it's just apart of the game.
    Last edited by DMNTD; 9th September 2006 at 10:56.

Bike
    One of the cops mentioned excess speed claiming that 160 was to fast....they where not interested in those doing 120.

Get the feeling that locals are complaining about the noise [bit of inside info!] more than speed. Something to think about.

Fuck-it I will be there every week...just at a slightly reduced speed!

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamytus50 View Post
    A lot of bikes attracts a lot of attention. I would think that that reason is more likely than cops watching this site setting up a sting and plan to bust a whole lot of bikers.
    Yep - with the run from botany the first one was seven riders the second one was more than 16 - could have something to do with it after all.
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    All of them
    The Police presence on the site is hardly covert. There are blue and red 3 participants whose posts and perspective i enjoy - hardly a secret.

"Fuck-it I will be there every week...just at a slightly reduced speed!"

No Sixpack - don't do it - rage hopelessly against the machine - slowing down a bit is exactly what they want you to do!

Bike
    Lil Tricycle
    Quote Originally Posted by WICKY View Post
    Just a couple of points, as you say there were a number of riders who were being naughty, don't you think thats why the Police were selective in their enforcement using an unmarked car and all. Guess registration plates don't mean anything these days. By the way it is not a requirement to show the locked speed on the device.
    No there were marked cars as well and they were just out numbered to snap all who were being naughty so the ones in front got done. Police didn't have a choice to be selective at speeds that were being done on the night. It was basically who ran into the lions mouth first got eaten away.

And yes it isn't a requirement to show clocked speeds under the current Land Transport Act 1998. But hey wait amendments will follow in years to come and soon we will be like other countries.

My point is though you can always dispute that you weren't doing the speeds cops "said" you were going at. Reason being; there were way too many bikes for only two cop cars to keep track of and chances of them making a mistake is high irrespective of the actual speed you were doing whether faster or slower than indicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Only in NZ eh...

Proof? We don't need proof, as long as I say you were speeding then you must have been.

What kind of fucking retarded system lets them just write down a plate and say what speed you were doing... given there were 30 of us, in the dark, and the coppers didn't know which bike was which, how can they say, beyond reasonable doubt, that they actually caught the people they ticketed?
    A very good point and the fact is that they can't actually fully accurately tell who was doing what speed. True but sad that our system sucks big time. The equipment they carry aren't as advanced as you'd find in USA or UK and the law actually reflects that. Just spent few hours reading through Land Transport Act 1998 and it's dirty obvious that at the end of the day it's the cops word over yours. Sucks but I guess you have to live with it till amendments.

Bike
    Fuck it,

I'm going to come next week and do some wheelies on my noisy as fuck GSXR1000.

I wont be running a plate, so good luck writing it down and if you catch me I'm all yours you fucking lowlife piggie!!

P.S. I'm going to be shitfaced drunk and high as a kite with my years supply of Pee in a condom up my ass. You can have that too if you catch me!!

Bike
    2017 GSXR 750
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    Fuck it,

I'm going to come next week and do some wheelies on my noisy as fuck GSXR1000.

I wont be running a plate, so good luck writing it down and if you catch me I'm all yours you fucking lowlife piggie!!

P.S. I'm going to be shitfaced drunk and high as a kite with my years supply of Pee in a condom up my ass. You can have that too if you catch me!!
    I think crazy steve has just been replaced ... LOL

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    The regular cops on KB have nothing to do with it. Yeah, Spud would tazer his own mother just for kicks so we should probably keep an eye on him.

It's quite conceivable that cops do watch KB and target rides. Regardless, someone seems to always get pinged on TNR's.

We all know that the cops are their for revenue purposes. Either get a radar detector or slow down on these rides. You're making it too easy for them.

Thread Information