Page 36 of 573 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136536 ... LastLast

Thread: ATNR (Auckland Thursday night ride) - Discussion thread

Bike
    FOR SALE

Friday night ride

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dover View Post
    Fuck it,

I'm going to come next week and do some wheelies on my noisy as fuck GSXR1000.

I wont be running a plate, so good luck writing it down and if you catch me I'm all yours you fucking lowlife piggie!!

P.S. I'm going to be shitfaced drunk and high as a kite with my years supply of Pee in a condom up my ass. You can have that too if you catch me!!
    Friday night rage agains the machine ride 6 can start no plates, no rules, NO STOPPING. Starting hells gate pm dover for details

Bike
    96 Suzuki DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    The regular cops on KB have nothing to do with it. Yeah, Spud would tazer his own mother just for kicks so we should probably keep an eye on him.

It's quite conceivable that cops do watch KB and target rides. Regardless, someone seems to always get pinged on TNR's.

We all know that the cops are their for revenue purposes. Either get a radar detector or slow down on these rides. You're making it too easy for them.
    I had a radar detector about a month ago but it got stolen out of my car!

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    Sounds like a lot of you are being too paranoid about the cops. Sure they are appearing on places we ride, but they are places we ride frequently. They dont have to watch the site to know where we might be, but if you do 'the same roads' at the same time on the same night each week it wont take long til someone takes an exception and makes a complaint.

Luckily i've had good karma with the cops and only got pinged for 115 when I was doing 128 (he let me off the 128 as it was a first offence) and also once in town when i had an excessive display of traction resulting in the front wheel rising approx 3ft in the air as i travelled across an intersection.

Quite a few people have the right mindset - "it's part of the game"

Honestly, what makes you think that even though you are doing over the speed limit that you shouldnt be ticketed? Dont beat me up on this, i do it all the time. If you get caught you pay the price. Deal with it.

I will say however that it sucks for those that lost their licences in what seems to be a very dubious situation.

Now, i spent $95 on a track day and $150 in gas and accomodation and had a mint time riding knee down, as fast as i can and reaching speeds of 240kmh+... got photos too but no tickets!!! Sorry, couldnt resist but i did have an awesome time at Taupo!
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    08 RMZ250
    Looks like im the lucky one and missed the ride, might have been nabed as well, ill come along this week in my ute because i having withdrawl syptoms from no riding.

Bike
    uhh the mrs?! nothing argh

travelling south

how about a ride out south??
    and thought aboiut this kinda thing a few weeks ago actually that maybe we should start to change the nights around, have them on a wed, and then not have them for a week etc..
    woukld destroy the cops..
    would they bother chasing you if you gapped and if so up to what speed?

Bike
    1979 Kawasaki Z1300

I could ride at the back and slow them down

they will never get past the "Hippo" (as its been named), its nearly as wide as a small car

I came over the Harbour bridge today from town, there was about 8 bikes stopped on the side of the road, would you believe there was 3 police cars with them

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by adiddy View Post
    Unless you're an exceptional rider or in the middle of an urban area with hideholes then you've no chance on a 250.

Bike
    1999 CBR1100XX Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by adiddy View Post
    how about a ride out south??
    and thought aboiut this kinda thing a few weeks ago actually that maybe we should start to change the nights around, have them on a wed, and then not have them for a week etc..
    woukld destroy the cops..
    How fast can you go without crashing?

Bike
    1990 Kawasaki Zxr250
    After 200, its usually classed as exsusively dangours.
    Thing is, I doubt a standard 250 would do that.
    And you'll also probably get a cop to call in the egale, that means above 240 on the straight, no chance on the back roads.
    Phenoix the bike riding Phoenix.
    For from his crash, he shall rise again.
    And now his Bikes all back together again, YAY

Bike
    Does that mean no plateless wheelies then?

Bike
    2004 GT i-Drive 3.0
    Use a plate and stop eating them straight out of the packet you animal.

Bike
    Nada

Blah

Mate I'd be more impressed it you could do a scratchless wheelie!

Bike
    CBR900RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    I would say go ahead with the normal ATNR. Leave from Westgate at your normal time and end up at the Speights Ale House, (those guys have really supported us, dont let them down). You just need to all ride sensibly and the cops will have nothing to ping you for.
    Steve Walker, the constable from Warkworth even said, "Hey 110, 120, we dont have a problem with, you guys were all riding safely...its the 140's , 150's were going to get, so we will be back here for the next three weeks or so".
    Now, the ATNR is about a social gathering and freindly ride to meet at the pub for a coldie and a yarn. Its not a GP.
    SO everyone get your asses to Westgate at 1830 tonight, have a fun, safe ride, the police will be there, show em that they are wasting there time by coming.
    Here here

Although I received yesterday a letter from the constabully, asking who was riding my VFR that night ... Much more of this ticketing carry on and we all could start riding as a roudy law abiding group into the city, taking in as much of the inner suburbs as possible, parking up somewhere public like Queens St or corner of Hobson and Cook St with a view of the Skytower

Kiwis are so turning into a bunch of conformed pussies

See you Thursdsay for a cruise

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post
    Mate I'd be more impressed it you could do a scratchless wheelie!
    It's ok, I'll be on the street magic.

No fear.

Bike
    CBR900RR

Inner feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    I would say go ahead with the normal ATNR. Leave from Westgate at your normal time and end up at the Speights Ale House, (those guys have really supported us, dont let them down). You just need to all ride sensibly and the cops will have nothing to ping you for.
    Steve Walker, the constable from Warkworth even said, "Hey 110, 120, we dont have a problem with, you guys were all riding safely...its the 140's , 150's were going to get, so we will be back here for the next three weeks or so".
    Now, the ATNR is about a social gathering and freindly ride to meet at the pub for a coldie and a yarn. Its not a GP.
    SO everyone get your asses to Westgate at 1830 tonight, have a fun, safe ride, the police will be there, show em that they are wasting there time by coming.
    Here here

Although I received yesterday a letter from the constabully, asking who was riding my VFR that night ... Much more of this ticketing carry on and we all could start riding as a roudy law abiding group into the city, taking in as much of the inner suburbs as possible, parking up somewhere public like Queens St or corner of Hobson and Cook St with a view of the Skytower

Kiwis are so turning into a bunch of conformed pussies

See you Thursdsay for a cruise

Thread Information