Page 38 of 573 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138538 ... LastLast

Thread: ATNR (Auckland Thursday night ride) - Discussion thread

Bike
    Suzuki B-King, Fatbob, YammyTricker

Talking Rides is still on

Another beautifull evening for the ride A few pointers for the night WATCH YOUR SPEEDS PEOPLE AND THE SPEED ZONES some are 70km zones 80km and 100km zones

Learn to ride - Basic Skills Handling Testing
    NZTA Approved Motorcycle Instructor
    www.ridertraining.co.nz

Learn to Ride - Basic Handling Skills (BHS) Training and Testing - Onroad Coaching for Restricted/Full Licence Tests
    Auckland Training grounds 63 Mihini Road Henderson
    0800 LRN2RD Txt\ imessage 021878755 or 0210334766
    info@ridertraining.co.nz

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by McJim View Post
    Answer "Well Bugger me - someone must've taken it for a ride and brought it back again without my knowing! - damn criminals getting crafty coz there's not yat a law against borrowing!"

To tell the truth I'd love to come on one of these rides and meet everyone I've been taking the piss out of (in a light hearted manner) but it's just too much of a pain in the arse to travel 50km to get there then another 50km home AFTER the pub. We should organise a South or East Auckland one for the rest of us coz it's a damn good idea..contrary to common belief not everything in Auckland revolves around the North Shore or Waitakere City....I'd organise it but having only been riding for 4 months the chances of anyone respecting what I have to say are slim to fock all!

Respect to the Qkchk and whanau for all their work - seems to be a good little institution you got going on Thuirsday nights.
    Harden up you big girl.
    Don't do the ride but I go up to the pub and visit and I'm in the far east too.
    Piss weak.

Bike
    06 R None
    Just staying round the corner tonight. will try and and call in for a beer..what time are you guys there from/till? cant have to many...Got a test ride booked in the morning on the ZX14....
    "Ability hits the mark where presumption overshoots and diffidence falls short". Nicholas of Cusa

Bike
    02 YZF426
    well its spitting in albany.....im still goin to west gate tho see whos about in stuff...think this rain will pass over soon enough
    further north than the northland crew

Bike
    Suzuki B-King, Fatbob, YammyTricker

Qkchk and Qkkid will not be attending

Bloody rain what happened to that beautiful day Riding in the dark wet roads recipe for disaster so if you guys still wanna do it your very welcome but for us its a no goer sorry
    QKKID/QKCHK

Learn to ride - Basic Skills Handling Testing
    NZTA Approved Motorcycle Instructor
    www.ridertraining.co.nz

Learn to Ride - Basic Handling Skills (BHS) Training and Testing - Onroad Coaching for Restricted/Full Licence Tests
    Auckland Training grounds 63 Mihini Road Henderson
    0800 LRN2RD Txt\ imessage 021878755 or 0210334766
    info@ridertraining.co.nz

Bike
    nuffin

The few, the brave, the mad?

We five, we lucky few survived another ATNR Akl night ride unscathed. No rain, no bins, no Mr. Plod . Sneaked a beeline for the Tavern - cheers Jonny you sniffed out the pub like a rabid bloodhound!

Mark up to his usual shinanigans - I'm sure MyNameIs will remember to thank you later - and I noticed you flung past me on the way home at $%#@ speed.

Cheers to BigDave for the heads up on the Bike reviews - who needs magazines

Bike
    02 YZF426
    good to see atleast SOME of a turn out last night..... the rain held out till we reached the pub then it spat for about 5 mins then stopped......only saw one cop when we were at west gate scooping us out from behind the steering wheel of his under cover car......it was good to get out for a ride and streach those legs even if it was just a quick squirt threw riverhead......mark seemed to behave himself and kept to the speed limit and under it.....

thanks to the guys who turned up for the ride and the fellas who came to the pub
    further north than the northland crew

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    So apart from Black Bandit and Johnny Rotten who turned up?

We had a great run out south organised by The_Dover - no rain at all.

Twisty, turny, dark....all fun.
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    I and many others have found that meeting KBers in person changes your attitude and tone of posts dramatically, especially when you are publicly addressing them or a thread they are in...that's why WINJA is still such a blankety blank individual online, cos he doesn't go to KB events, so has hardly met anyone face to face! YOU may wanna think twice or else your online persona may not be so witty any longer??
    A lot of KBers have met WINJA. I can tell you that his persona in real life is exactly the same as on KB. A top bloke who hates all of my bikes except for the Magic.

Bike
    bitch
    I turned up... had a bit of fun practising on the way there... cops gave up pritty quick when they saw there wasn't many bikes... and the roads werer dry as a bone on the way there and back... I didn't even know it drizzled while we had stopped....

Bike
    2004 GT i-Drive 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    A lot of KBers have met WINJA. I can tell you that his persona in real life is exactly the same as on KB. A top bloke who hates all of my bikes except for the Magic.
    Hahaha I'm sure he secretly loves your Fireblade...

I remember WINJA when he used to own one of these.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tigerblade.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	41925  

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishslayer View Post
    Hahaha I'm sure he secretly loves your Fireblade...

I remember WINJA when he used to own one of these.....
    Ha, i bought that exact same model brand new in 1995, cost me 19k!

Bike
    2004 GT i-Drive 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    Ha, i bought that exact same model brand new in 1995, cost me 19k!
    haha I bought that exact same model too in 1997 for 12.5k. Ahhh it was a sweet bike!.

Bike
    Lil Tricycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Bandit View Post
    We five, we lucky few survived another ATNR Akl night ride unscathed. No rain, no bins, no Mr. Plod . Sneaked a beeline for the Tavern - cheers Jonny you sniffed out the pub like a rabid bloodhound!

Mark up to his usual shinanigans - I'm sure MyNameIs will remember to thank you later - and I noticed you flung past me on the way home at $%#@ speed.

Cheers to BigDave for the heads up on the Bike reviews - who needs magazines
    Yeah was a ok ride just a short quick route to the pub lol .. only 5 were there though. Met up with others at the pub. Good nite overall .. and SkidMark was going harder than Rossi .. Damn !! Lol ..

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    ditto.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Thread Information