Page 31 of 573 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131531 ... LastLast

Thread: ATNR (Auckland Thursday night ride) - Discussion thread

Bike
    honda hornet 600
    Just a couple of points, as you say there were a number of riders who were being naughty, don't you think thats why the Police were selective in their enforcement using an unmarked car and all. Guess registration plates don't mean anything these days. By the way it is not a requirement to show the locked speed on the device.

Bike
    None
    The circumstances revolving around my loss of license can and will be disputed on two valid technicalities once I have my opportunity to do so in court.

The only thing I'm pissed off about is the fact I wasn't even enjoying the ride, stuck doing 70 - 90 km/h most of the way, and by the time we got to Dairy Flat I was busting to take a shit.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by WICKY View Post
    By the way it is not a requirement to show the locked speed on the device.
    Only in NZ eh...

Proof? We don't need proof, as long as I say you were speeding then you must have been.

What kind of fucking retarded system lets them just write down a plate and say what speed you were doing... given there were 30 of us, in the dark, and the coppers didn't know which bike was which, how can they say, beyond reasonable doubt, that they actually caught the people they ticketed?

Bike
    97 ZX-6R
    I really think there was a bit of over-kill going on with the police response to last night. By the end of it there were 2 highway patrol cars and 2 unmarked mazda 6's. Are we really that much of a threat? Next thing you know the tazers would have been flying............

Bike
    I'm thinking a complaint for police harassment might be in order?

Bike
    CBR900RR

Thumbs up 2nd ride, 1st time riding it

Hi all, was a good cruise all concidered.
    Picked up my VFR that morning from the shop .. did not too badly for going without for 2yrs!

To the lot that got pigged, err pinged.. My thoughts are with you. Having said that, I hung around at Dairyflat for a bit before headin to the pub for wedges and sour cream.. Mmm wedges ....
    My 2cents: * The the policeman chap from Warkworth was pleasant though. * Another good night, thanks to the Kids

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    I'm thinking a complaint for police harassment might be in order?
    Perhaps, but some of the people caught were legitimately exceeding the limit by some amount. However the way they (The Police) carried it out was somewhat dangerous and "Cowboy" like.

For instance, the unmarked vehicle which followed me (TEC) and the slowest rider was doing so closely, something I would consider "debatable".

The funny thing is, and I hope some of you there heard it, one of the Officers in the unmarked car who allegedly caught "most" of the riders laughed and said "Yeah we were following you two, you were only doing 100 - 110 kmp/h and then we flashed the lights and passed you about the Forest".

Based on a few comments I don't think they were very methodical.

EDIT: The guy in the marked HP vehicle was definitely a decent cop. Someone mentioned that the others in the unmarked car were from somewhere else? Judging by their attitude I would assume they're based in the city.

Bike
    WTF?

This is a sure sign they are reading the forums... come on people... organise your rides through PM from now... less chance of the piggies catching you... or stalking more like it...

Just as well my bike is off the road otheriwse I would have been there... and more than likely got pinged myself...

Bummer to those who got pinged and had to walk...

Complaints are in order... obviously bikers going on a peaceful ride are WAY more of a threat than baby killers... P addicts and drunks... go the police force... working up thier rep again...
    I'm not a complete idiot... some pieces are missing

Quote Originally Posted by DingDong
    "Hi... I rang about the cats you have for sale..."..... "oh... you have children.... how much for the children?"

mucho papoosa bueno no panocha

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by placidfemme View Post
    Complaints are in order... obviously bikers going on a peaceful ride are WAY more of a threat than baby killers... P addicts and drunks... go the police force... working up thier rep again...
    How many cars did we actually see on the road the whole evening? 10 tops...

I realise there have been accidents on that route before now, but I'm still thinking that the coppers were sneaky in taking as many plates as possible before pulling us up.

Doubt I'll be heading up that way again for quite some time, and if the Albany pub wants to know what happened to their business then tell them to ask the cops eh.

Bike
    All of them
    WTF?

This is a sure sign they are reading the forums... come on people... organise your rides through PM from now... less chance of the piggies catching you... or stalking more like it...

Just as well my bike is off the road otheriwse I would have been there... and more than likely got pinged myself...

Bummer to those who got pinged and had to walk...

I didn't go on the ride but I did go to the pub later and hear about the carnage.

On the way to the pub there were 4 police cars dealing to what looked like a boy racer just off Greenlane.

There was a cop on a bike stationary on the Greenlane Freeway onramp.

There were two more hwy patrols (one a support ute) before the harbour bridge.

There was one more hwy patrol I passed at 95kph going up the hill before the Bays turnoff.

There was another bike cop going the other way in what looked like a pursuit just before the Albany off ramp.

There were 4 cars reportedly involved in the KB episode.

Typical i guess. I wasn't speeding and it didn't bother me - part of me is happy that they are eradicating the boi racers doing stupid things on the motorway too.

But at what cost?

The night before I had to go and 'rescue' my son from the fuckwits that live next door to him - they get pissed in their front yard and start harassing him and threatening him because of the fallout from their pit bull biting him.

Obviously dealing with this type of social disorder with pissed ropeheads banging on his door, and threatening a lone young bloke is of lesser importance than the traffic flow on greenlane roundabout.

'Obvious' because when he has called the police about the incidents in the past they have taken 4 HOURS to respond - not the officers fault - prime time and only so many of them - so now he calls dad and I'd like a word with whoever is in charge of the allocation of resources.

And then I read that high profile lawlessness has come to parts of Auckland - yet there are 11 or more units attending traffic on a quiet freeway at half past 8 on Thursday night?

It appears to me we desperately need a change of government or someone to balance the system - shame the alternatives seem just as bad.

PS - I didn't have to do or say anything just turning up was enough to send them indoors.

Bike
    Motor Cycle
    ...This is a sure sign they are reading the forums... come on people... organise your rides through PM from now... less chance of the piggies catching you... or stalking more like it...
    Not necessarily, if locals are complaining it wouldn't take an idiot to figure out it's usually on a Thursday night and usually at the same time. Still, better to be safe than sorry. Has anyone been monitoring police band - would this have even been broadcast?

for the next "TOTNR" ride:
    Meeting place: "Gold"
    Meeting time: "Utah"
    Route: "Omaha"
    Please PM "D-Day" with confirmation of attendance. We might stop at St Lo or Carentan to do some wheelies and stoppies & stuff like that...

Bike
    So how did those who got pinged manage to get home? Did they have to have the bikes towed?

"Hi... I rang about the cats you have for sale..."..... "oh... you have children.... how much for the children?"

Bike
    So how did those who got pinged manage to get home? Did they have to have the bikes towed?
    One was pillioned home while his bike was ridden for him, the other two from our group got home in a van. Big ups to Swanny for that.

Bike
    None
    The dude in the marked HP gave me a lift.

As for the Police watching this Forum, I don't think it really matters, we do the same route pretty much every night and they are aware of it.

They aren't exactly stupid either.

The fact the HP unit came past us at our first stop and turned right going up our intended route makes you wonder. Either they were blocking off both routes (I imagine another unit would of been on the third possible route) or someone informed them of our intended route.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanTiger View Post
    The dude in the marked HP gave me a lift.

As for the Police watching this Forum, I don't think it really matters, we do the same route pretty much every night and they are aware of it.

They aren't exactly stupid either.

The fact the HP unit came past us at our first stop and turned right going up our intended route makes you wonder. Either they were blocking off both routes (I imagine another unit would of been on the third possible route) or someone informed them of our intended route.
    oh well... they have to make money somehow...

Thread Information