Page 339 of 429 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 6423

Thread: South Auckland Thursday Night Ride

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    Long range is looking OK for a ride this week, Be nice to hit the road again, don't seam to be doing enough rides lately.
    Count me in! Will be there with bells on!
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    any others wanting to ride tonight, blue sky here.. mostly

Bike
    Hell yes! Be there for sure, come on you "old" guys! Drag em out and get cracking.

Bike
    09 ZX6R
    I'm there. Haven't ridden in weeks
    "....beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning. a non functional mind is clinically dead. believe in nothing." - Maynard James Keenan.

Bike
    flippy
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Hell yes! Be there for sure, come on you "old" guys! Drag em out and get cracking.
    what exactly do we drag out, where do we take it?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrislost View Post
    what exactly do we drag out, where do we take it?
    K< well you can "drag out anything with 2 wheels an an engine, if it doesn't go, spank it till it does.
    Head to the BP On the Southern Motorway just past the Papakura off ramp, in front of the Autobahn, at about 6-7pm, ride off at 7.
    Had a good run tonight, followed the rain, but never got wet. Ended up at a 2 bit saloon serving moonshine in Tuakau, nice vibes, but the Beam when I got home cleaned out the whistles.

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Well this will be the last week for a while where we have some daylight riding with the clocks going back this weekend.... Weather is looking OK

anyone joining me on this Thursday ride? I feel the need for a ride

Bike
    Sorry mate, got to help a good mate build his bachelor pad at his factory from Tomorrow night right through till Monday, or untill we get it finished.

Bike
    Well, thats done.
    Now then, a night like tonight and nothing! come on you hard as fuck Sth Dorkland Riders howzabout some of you call the night and do the ride leading and stuff.
    Weather is important, least whether it's rainingi or not before you head out the door is, but once you're at the Autobahn in Drury it doesn't matter, it's ride time, rain hail or snow.
    Come out of your warm little holes you lot, come on, lets be having ya.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Well, thats done.
    Now then, a night like tonight and nothing! come on you hard as fuck Sth Dorkland Riders howzabout some of you call the night and do the ride leading and stuff.
    Weather is important, least whether it's rainingi or not before you head out the door is, but once you're at the Autobahn in Drury it doesn't matter, it's ride time, rain hail or snow.
    Come out of your warm little holes you lot, come on, lets be having ya.
    I am a bit confussed - doesn't take much

are you asking for more riders?
    other people to take the lead?

or both?

what type of riding (learner speed/confident/racer or whatever turns up) and approx. distance/direction - does it really matter as long as its a ride

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    I was keen for a ride but I am still crook, so cold night ride was out, Warrant is almost due so time for a new tyre first...... damn it every warrant seams to need a tyre... just not quite legal depth.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    I am a bit confussed - doesn't take much

are you asking for more riders?
    other people to take the lead?

or both?

what type of riding (learner speed/confident/racer or whatever turns up) and approx. distance/direction - does it really matter as long as its a ride
    lol, asking for more riders, Na challenging those who want to ride but don't know if they should in case the SATNR guys and girls turn out to be like the ATNR wallies.
    More riders would be nice, more people who come along and want to lead us somewhere different on unknown roads would be good.
    SATNR has always operated a graduated system, we start together, we have a ride leader, pass them and you're on your own, we have a TEC , fall behind break down, they stay with you while you sort shit out. Wave them past you, you're on your own.
    TEC, rides behind the folk at the back, there is no pressure to go fast, the emphasis is getting everyone to our destination and ensuring they have a good time doing it.
    Older, longer time in riders do follow behind those who want feed back and offer advice, even stretching to leading and showing cornering techniques etc, all very informal.
    Once a Long time ago, it wasn't unusual to have 20 or so bikes together on an ordinary Thursday Night Ride in the South.
    Time, circumstances and simple fatigue has weeded many, moving away has accouned for others, selling anything to do with bikes has got one or two, but generally weather plays a big part over the winter months, things do improve as summer arrives and daylight saving kicks in.
    Great bunch of bloody Good barstewads and stewardesses, come along try it out.
    Thursday Nights.
    Outside Autobahn cafe on the Southern Motorway just past the Papakura off Ramp heading south.
    Anytime after 6pm meet up, ride off at 7pm.
    Destination is usually a pub or cafe.
    Ride usually about 1-2 hours long.
    No drama's, no wrestling in front of the kids, aye you two precious little ballerina's.
    Winter, means most come out if it's not raining, cold is a bad riding companion so if your coming out, dress WARM, be prepared to ride home in the dark, worried about that, let one of the old hands know, they'll ride with you.
    Having a good run, enjoying a few lines of BS at the destination and getting home in one piece is really what we're about.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    lol, asking for more riders, Na challenging those who want to ride but don't know if they should in case the SATNR guys and girls turn out to be like the ATNR wallies.
    More riders would be nice, more people who come along and want to lead us somewhere different on unknown roads would be good.
    SATNR has always operated a graduated system, we start together, we have a ride leader, pass them and you're on your own, we have a TEC , fall behind break down, they stay with you while you sort shit out. Wave them past you, you're on your own.
    TEC, rides behind the folk at the back, there is no pressure to go fast, the emphasis is getting everyone to our destination and ensuring they have a good time doing it.
    Older, longer time in riders do follow behind those who want feed back and offer advice, even stretching to leading and showing cornering techniques etc, all very informal.
    Once a Long time ago, it wasn't unusual to have 20 or so bikes together on an ordinary Thursday Night Ride in the South.
    Time, circumstances and simple fatigue has weeded many, moving away has accouned for others, selling anything to do with bikes has got one or two, but generally weather plays a big part over the winter months, things do improve as summer arrives and daylight saving kicks in.
    Great bunch of bloody Good barstewads and stewardesses, come along try it out.
    Thursday Nights.
    Outside Autobahn cafe on the Southern Motorway just past the Papakura off Ramp heading south.
    Anytime after 6pm meet up, ride off at 7pm.
    Destination is usually a pub or cafe.
    Ride usually about 1-2 hours long.
    No drama's, no wrestling in front of the kids, aye you two precious little ballerina's.
    Winter, means most come out if it's not raining, cold is a bad riding companion so if your coming out, dress WARM, be prepared to ride home in the dark, worried about that, let one of the old hands know, they'll ride with you.
    Having a good run, enjoying a few lines of BS at the destination and getting home in one piece is really what we're about.
    Myself:
    dont know about ATNR

have ridden with SASS-sounds similar to you. They are a great bunch.

good idea if someone passes leader or waves TEC on - they are on there own (cool)

I am still too 'dangerous' to ride with a group IMHO (as well as bike under repair and I work till 7 most nights)

my gear isnt setup for cold weather. - a tee shirt doesnt really cut it under gear.

lets see what happens.

your description should be food for thought for others.

thanks Caseye

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    OK, so who is going to put their hand up for this Thursday night ride.
    I'm going.
    Hey eldog. Dress warm, put yourself in front of me (Tec) and enjoy a quiet pootle in the country side with a bunch of slow old farts who spend more time talking BS in a noice warm bar or restaurant somewhere than they do riding in rain or darkness.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Was it a bit too cold for yous fellas last night

it was a nice night for a blat

READ AND UDESTAND

Thread Information