Page 342 of 429 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 6423

Thread: South Auckland Thursday Night Ride

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Thanks, all going well I'll make it before Christmas. I ride a blue R1.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    Thanks, all going well I'll make it before Christmas. I ride a blue R1.
    Silver Bandicoot for me, red and cream 1100 Shadow Nonda for ol Leathel.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    Silver Bandicoot for me, red and cream 1100 Shadow Nonda for ol Leathel.
    Red silver ........ Colour blind Caseye ?

Bike

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    Red silver ........ Colour blind Caseye ?
    Eye New dat. lol, sorry amigo, been a while since I really looked, I just know the sound and profile.

Bike
    Quiet plodder

03 Dec 2015 - ride

SATNR - Twas a good ride last night, 160 ks hot food and drink home before curfew @ 10
    Those of us who went and told lies had a good time.
    The light was particularly good almost 7/8 of the way.

Might write up some more later, but no pics so it mightn't have happened.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    And I was at work, looken out thinking what a great night to ride..... and had to keep workin. Job snowballed big time, rusted bolts, hidden damage etc sure can slow things up!

8 hour jobs looks like its going to be about a 18 hour job......and a contract price

Bike

Support

Glad you got one in the bag there eldog.
    We'll be along presently I'm sure , pressures of work at this time of year are very real.
    Least someone got out, the SATNR is going to be around for a long time to come and come summer it's going to go back to 20 or more bikes like it usually does.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Glad you got one in the bag there eldog.
    We'll be along presently I'm sure , pressures of work at this time of year are very real.
    And I was at work, looken out thinking what a great night to ride..... and had to keep workin. Job snowballed big time, rusted bolts, hidden damage etc sure can slow things up!

8 hour jobs looks like its going to be about a 18 hour job......and a contract price

I understand about work, its a fickle beast for some of us. Sometimes there, sometimes not but its the only way for me to pay for my rides.
    I know all about jobs like you describe, if you are lucky you have an understanding customer who may at least meet you halfway. If not its a hard hill to climb.

Lately I have had weeks and months of almost no riding. Every now and then I get a chance, often its last minute and unplanned, mostly I have 1/2 hour notice.

I enjoyed my wee pootle on Thurs, actually appreciated the lack of planning and enjoyed myself a lot.

Encountered my usual string of obstacles
    3 sets of road works (all poorly done almost all on areas which had been fully dug up and relayed less than 5 years ago. and 1 area which should have been done 10 years ago, a slump of 100-150mm across the middle of 1 lane for a good 6m)
    1 ambo with disco lights in the middle of nowhere on the way to a incident
    1 Siamese cat pretending to be a give way sign post or road kill
    2 mad car drivers - can they not see me?
    1 gokart driver looking slightly sheepish
    1 suicidal flying bird which I avoided
    1 farmer and tractor with no lights or warrantable gear
    1 person dumping unknown liquid (1000 L)stuff into a ditch - dodgy....
    1 set of Unforgiving Roads - hadn't been on one of those before, are there forgiving roads somewhere?
    1 undercover speed camera - unless I have missed the speed sign or otherwise screwed up they are wasting their time.

missed the usual blue disco lights - must have been their night off. And the good looking blonde policewoman - bugger.

There was the usual nice summer views of paddocks, babes and animals.

spent 90% of the trip with no one else on the road in any direction - which was nice and the summer sun provided some nice views
    and I did manage to stop and look at things which I had seen before but never really took much notice.

Spent the last part of the trip avoiding getting runover by ignorant people who cant drive

I don't know if I will make it in the next few weeks, going to Te Kuiti this weekend, I tend to try to get 1 ride in a week if I can but like I said before sometimes its a month or more....

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    I understand about work, its a fickle beast for some of us. Sometimes there, sometimes not but its the only way for me to pay for my rides.
    I know all about jobs like you describe, if you are lucky you have an understanding customer who may at least meet you halfway. If not its a hard hill to climb.

Lately I have had weeks and months of almost no riding. Every now and then I get a chance, often its last minute and unplanned, mostly I have 1/2 hour notice.

I enjoyed my wee pootle on Thurs, actually appreciated the lack of planning and enjoyed myself a lot.

Encountered my usual string of obstacles
    3 sets of road works (all poorly done almost all on areas which had been fully dug up and relayed less than 5 years ago. and 1 area which should have been done 10 years ago, a slump of 100-150mm across the middle of 1 lane for a good 6m)
    1 ambo with disco lights in the middle of nowhere on the way to a incident
    1 Siamese cat pretending to be a give way sign post or road kill
    2 mad car drivers - can they not see me?
    1 gokart driver looking slightly sheepish
    1 suicidal flying bird which I avoided
    1 farmer and tractor with no lights or warrantable gear
    1 person dumping unknown liquid (1000 L)stuff into a ditch - dodgy....
    1 set of Unforgiving Roads - hadn't been on one of those before, are there forgiving roads somewhere?
    1 undercover speed camera - unless I have missed the speed sign or otherwise screwed up they are wasting their time.

missed the usual blue disco lights - must have been their night off. And the good looking blonde policewoman - bugger.

There was the usual nice summer views of paddocks, babes and animals.

spent 90% of the trip with no one else on the road in any direction - which was nice and the summer sun provided some nice views
    and I did manage to stop and look at things which I had seen before but never really took much notice.

Spent the last part of the trip avoiding getting runover by ignorant people who cant drive

I don't know if I will make it in the next few weeks, going to Te Kuiti this weekend, I tend to try to get 1 ride in a week if I can but like I said before sometimes its a month or more....
    So aye a pretty normal evenings ride then?
    No worries about when you get along, just remember that we're out there most Thursdays, so feel free to come along.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    So aye a pretty normal evenings ride then?
    No worries about when you get along, just remember that we're out there most Thursdays, so feel free to come along.
    LOL, usually I get the blue disco lights and the road works no matter were I go, I expect it.
    Just relax and carry on.
    The road works can be interesting at times.

I cant make it next week. Otherwise engaged

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    If you buggers are still keen, weather a bit iffy.....

Then drop a line, I am working till 7, may be able to make it by 7.15 if you let me know.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    If you buggers are still keen, weather a bit iffy.....

Then drop a line, I am working till 7, may be able to make it by 7.15 if you let me know.
    Kids School prize giving tonight @ 7 and its the last one for my daughter and the first one my son has been told to be there (he is getting something.... first for him) so I am out for riding tonight (Apart from to the school if I am running late)

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Kids School prize giving tonight @ 7 and its the last one for my daughter and the first one my son has been told to be there (he is getting something.... first for him) so I am out for riding tonight (Apart from to the school if I am running late)

So you had better turn up.

I will go for a wee ride after work no need for me to rush.
    Next week is out ATM.
    Do you have a break over Xmas?

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    So you had better turn up.

I will go for a wee ride after work no need for me to rush.
    Next week is out ATM.
    Do you have a break over Xmas?
    yeah will be busy for the next 3-4 weeks, around but doing family things so not likely to be free, Might still have time next week but not likely, not enough hours to finish the work I am quoting before the break ATM

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    yeah will be busy for the next 3-4 weeks, around but doing family things so not likely to be free, Might still have time next week but not likely, not enough hours to finish the work I am quoting before the break ATM
    no worries - small pootle it is

This Xmas already planned Akl-Welly-New Plymouth-Hicks Bay-Akl with a few big circles thrown in for good measure.

Just waiting for weather to improve.

READ AND UDESTAND

Thread Information