Thread: Assault

Bike
    Various things

Assault

I rambled on a while ago about the dickhead that got a pathetic 4 years for mindlessly killing an innocent person by throwing a hunk of concrete off an over pass. I asked just how the sentence would've been VERY DIFFERENT if it was a judges son that was killed?

Well....today a guy that ASSULTED a police officer (and given, it was a BAD assult) got three years!! The police wanted the max of 7......

A broken jaw and collar bone as compared to the loss of a life???

A difference of ONE YEAR????

Fucking lovely.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    Assaulted.. just so you know.
    Ta, looks much better.....should add another two years!

Bike
    Gerbil DNA 180
    Well, only a complete idiot will enlist to serve and protect in the police farse knowing full well that he puts his arse on the line and the assailant will get off with a three year slap on the wrist. That's some deterrent... In USA, I believe, an assault on police officer would result in 25 to life. A teenager throwing concrete from overpass wouldn't have served a single digit time either. More likely he would have been sentenced as adult and ended up behind bars for good. Oh, well...
    "People are stupid ... almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true ... they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so all are easier to fool." -- Wizard's First Rule

Bike
    2006 BMW F800ST
    The problem is not enough prisons.

We should just go and build loads of sub standard ones, breach human rights and stick 2 fingers up at the greenies/hippies etc. Plenty of other countries do it why not us?

My 2c? If crims are prepared to breach my basic human rights (the right to not be mugged/burgled/killed/maimed/intimidated/robbed) then what entitlement should they have to basic human rights?

They are trying to use prisons to rehabilitate offenders and allow them to live normal lives. It's not working. We should throw away the keys in many cases.
    In space, no one can smell your fart.

Bike
    Not enough prisons? Not quite right. What we should do is make prisons that are a detterent. A concrete box with no access to phone, internet, TV, or any luxuries. Give them excercise while chained together, sweeping the roads around the country.
    They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.
    Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the evening,
    we will remember them

Just dig a big hole to dump the bodies in problem sovled. Or do experiments on them (give the rats a break etc)
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    You don't need to worry. The bantoo that chucked the concrete slab will end up spending his life in prison. They'll just let him out occasionally to commit more crime just to give our over resourced police something to do.

Of course a bullet is the best answer but you'll have to put down his parents too to stop the breeding of more litters.

Bike
    None - sad jazz hands! (Ex-06 GN250)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colapop View Post
    Not enough prisons? Not quite right. What we should do is make prisons that are a detterent. A concrete box with no access to phone, internet, TV, or any luxuries. Give them excercise while chained together, sweeping the roads around the country.
    Excellent - perhaps they could go and sweep some of the unmarked gravel off those corners in threads like this:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36473

What do you think?
    Me and my imaginary friend have been goin' round the bend for some time now....

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    Quote Originally Posted by Colapop View Post
    even easier, don't build them or run them, just "out source" to some shit hole for a fraction of the price. I hear there are some interesting prisons around indonesia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Bike
    Ship them to Thailand or Indonesia, pay those govt a quarter of what it cost here. Done.
    in order to appreciate a good steak, you should eat the occasional greasy hamburger.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I rambled on a while ago about the dickhead that got a pathetic 4 years for mindlessly killing an innocent person by throwing a hunk of concrete off an over pass. I asked just how the sentence would've been VERY DIFFERENT if it was a judges son that was killed?

Well....today a guy that ASSULTED a police officer (and given, it was a BAD assult) got three years!! The police wanted the max of 7......

A broken jaw and collar bone as compared to the loss of a life???

A difference of ONE YEAR????

Fucking lovely.
    Actually I think it was a fractured skull, nose, collar bone and jaw, basically one half of her face was caved in.

Done by a scumbag with previous convictions for violence and other crime who showed no real remorse. Effectively he got a year inside for almost killing someone.

Yep the manslaughter sentence was bullshit as well, but I don't see how you can argue that the victim in this case being a cop had any relevance at all on how the guy was sentenced. Usually it actually attracts a lesser sentence and I think had it been a random member of the public hit by the rim the sentence would actually have been much greater.

Either way both sentences go to show whose rights and welfare take priority in the courts, the victim and society are just bystanders in the circus.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoo View Post
    , but I don't see how you can argue that the victim in this case being a cop had any relevance at all on how the guy was sentenced. Usually it actually attracts a lesser sentence and I think had it been a random member of the public hit by the rim the sentence would actually have been much greater.

Either way both sentences go to show whose rights and welfare take priority in the courts, the victim and society are just bystanders in the circus.
    What I was trying to get at was....it seems to me the parents and family/friends of the guy killed, could be further insulted by the fact that a very similar sentence has been handed down for an assault (bad as this one was), as it was to the tragic loss of their sons life. To me, it cheapens the value of that poor guys life. But no...I think assaulting a police officer should carry a stiffer penalty (compared to Joe Public).....BUT shouldn't be anywhere near what killing someone should attract.

Bike
    L1 GSXR 1000
    china's got it right, shoot em' and sell there organs....$$$$$$

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    What I was trying to get at was....it seems to me the parents and family/friends of the guy killed, could be further insulted by the fact that a very similar sentence has been handed down for an assault (bad as this one was), as it was to the tragic loss of their sons life. To me, it cheapens the value of that poor guys life. But no...I think assaulting a police officer should carry a stiffer penalty (compared to Joe Public).....BUT shouldn't be anywhere near what killing someone should attract.
    I agree with you but the issue is really the pathetic sentence handed out in both cases. Both trials focused solely on the offender and his 'prospects', actual justice for the victims was irrelevant it must have been like a double blow for the family hearing how cheap the life of their son was.

Murder should be life for a life, or at least life imprisonment, 15-20 years in a comfy cell is not justice.

Thread Information