Thread: Mt Wellington, 28th Oct, Saturday.

Bike
    FZR250/CB100Bucket

Mt Wellington, 28th Oct, Saturday.

Minimoto/Pitbikes/Bucket day at Mt Wgtn Kart track, on Tainui rd off Morrin Rd, behind the big container yard.

Sign on is 8.30-9am.
    $20 per bike for all non AMCC riders/newbies/visitors etc
    $10 per bike for AMCC/MNZ racing in the afternoon.The morning practice is free for all AMCC riders.

Every class of bike has their own track time ie minis then pittys and buckets. About 10mins of practice for each class. Kids ride separatley from the adults, but may also ride with the adults if they wish. New riders may have some track time for themselves if they so wish.

The afternoon practices are open to all riders, but if you wish to race officially, you must have an MNZ race licence.

Please remember all your safety gear.

Have a great day everyone, see you there.
    ps Hey Everyone, Granma has got a new set of Italian soft tyres, so I can go around the corners faster. Ye ha!

Bike
    04 GSXR 1000
    Blog Entries
    Sounds good. Have to drag my team mate along and cheerleading squad !!
    My bass is such a slapper.......I cant stop fingering those strings

Bike
    L0 RMZ250, Aprilia RS250/SuperMono673
    Cool! ill be there on the pitty. Cant wait!

Bike
    Thumpstar

Sunday Racing

Hi Guys,

Whats the story with running the pitties in the bucket racing on Sunday.

What are licence requirements and costs, and what bike mods.

I have road tyres, catch tanks for my overflows, plastic guards around the footpegs and sump plug wired.

Anythng else needed?

Cheers,

Bike
    FZR250/CB100Bucket

Bucket/Pitbike Racing Sunday 29th Oct.

That sounds pretty good. Your bike is ready.

As for the rider... you will need: leathers, fullface helmet, boots (road ones will do), back protector, leather gloves or good road ones.

If its your first time on the track (we call it 'have a go day') you dont need a licence etc but you dont get any points either.You can download an application form for both clubs off their websites.Auckland Motorcycle Club, (AMCC) and Motorcyling NZ, (MNZ)... $50 each licence. Send them off asap and you will have at least one licence before the next event. You will get points.

You can bring along $50 for your AMCC membership at the next meet( you will get points) and then once you have that you can send away for your Motorcycle NZ (MNZ) licence. If you belong to another club that is affiliated to MNZ then just send away for your licence. If you have an MNZ Licence from other motorbike racing then that is all you need.

When you have your AMCC licence the Sunday meeting is $30. Saturday is practice day and is free for all AMCC members.

If you come along on Sat, 28th oct,(practice day) you will need $20 for the day, if you dont have your AMCC licence.

The next meet in November is a 2 hr endurance event, which you can partner up with someone for, or do it yourself. For the team-up you both must ride the same bike though.
    Its hard work but oh so much fun.
    Cheers, see you there, Granma.

Bike
    FZR250/CB100Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawk View Post
    Sounds good. Have to drag my team mate along and cheerleading squad !!
    hey Kittyhawk, we have a cheer leading team already. When any one of the experienced riders fall off one of the pocket bikes.... everyone cheers.....LOL

Bike
    04 GSXR 1000
    Blog Entries
    Hahaha well I hope they dont cheer all day - I may spend most of the day sliding along the track rather than riding! Anything is possible....
    We started my neighbours mini moto and a friend forgot to let go of the throttle, the bike pulled into a wheel stand and landed on the rear snapping off the muffler! day 4 after having the bikes, and we've lost all foot pegs on both bikes, so now we have to do some work before we ride again!! ARRRGH

Bike
    FZR250/CB100Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawk View Post
    Hahaha well I hope they dont cheer all day - I may spend most of the day sliding along the track rather than riding! Anything is possible....
    We started my neighbours mini moto and a friend forgot to let go of the throttle, the bike pulled into a wheel stand and landed on the rear snapping off the muffler! day 4 after having the bikes, and we've lost all foot pegs on both bikes, so now we have to do some work before we ride again!! ARRRGH
    Ahhh welcome to the world of Pocketbike racing. Been there done that!!
    Our first bike we had for 1 week and took it to Silverdale indoor. On the third corner, first time on the track and my partner rode into the tyres and bent the front forks. LOL
    We had to fix it in 2 weeks. Some of the bikes are held together with wire and duck tape on race day.

Bike
    04 GSXR 1000
    Blog Entries
    Hehe yea well Affman and I went for a blat in a carpark to try out our bikes, he took mine for a spin, hit a small rock and flipped the bloody bike, what's worse since I have no foot pegs on at the mo his right foot fell off and then he tripped over the bike and I turned around and he was only just pulling off to go for a ride!!! I have yet to crash hehehe

Bike
    1912 Grindley Peerless
    anybody know any places to get some practice/bike set up time tommorrow(monday)? is mt wellington gonna be open?

Bike
    04 GSXR 1000
    Blog Entries
    we have been practising in a car park not far from the track. if you want to meet up today pm me maybe do an avo practise ride

Bike
    2007 Urban R4
    Is there any chance of setting up a class for pit quads?

Bike
    FZR250/CB100Bucket
    Hi Expert,

Mt Wellington is only open for practice during the week to Auckland Motorcyle Club members. The fee is $25 and the key is available at one of the businesses near the track. You must show your AMCC membership card to get the key.
    Come down early Sat morning and I will explain a bit more.
    There will always be someone there to help you if you have a problem with your bike.
    Granma

Bike
    1912 Grindley Peerless
    can i turn up with my bike and get a number and stuff on the day?

Bike
    FZR250/CB100Bucket
    Hi Expert, sorry i haven got back to you, we have been busy all weekend.
    You can pretty much pick your own no. for the mini's. The buckets are a bit different. Anything can be done on the day though. We are there to have a good time and enjoy ourselves...so just come along and be ready to ride.

We had a really good day on Sat. The sun was hot and the track was hot and dry too. Had a few spills, Phil of course never fails to impress us with his dramatic highsides.

Thread Information