Thread: Bikers are rewarded for being heroes

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

Bikers are rewarded for being heroes

Thought you guys might like to see this - nice when we're shown as good guys, rather than the 'Marlon Brando' image we seem to be stuck with:

"Two bikers who saved a man's life after he was attacked by a frenzied knifeman, have been awarded £250 each by a judge for their "extreme gallantry". Andy Roughley and Andy Jarvis waded in as Reza Karimi was being repeatedly stabbed near Stockport market.

"This man would probably have died had they not intervened" said judge Mr Justice Davis at Manchester Crown Court "They each went over and above the course of public justice and what they did was gallant in the extreme. The court can only award a token sum to mark the public's appreciation for their conduct and I would like to make a reward as a symbol for their bravery."

Seved Ghasimy had dragged Mr Karimi into a ditch by after forcing his car off the road and stabbed him repeatedly. Mr Roughley jumped into the ditch in a bid to drag the victim away. "I didn't see the knife at first but then Andy said he was armed," he said.

"He nearly stabbed me when he lashed out but then we managed to get the man away from him," said Mr Roughley after Ghasimy was jailed for ten years for attempted murder."

Brave guys - shame they couldn't have been given a better reward for their actions.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    xs400 -
    THey deserrve the SIR title ...

YOu agree dontya little fella .. ... <== waris yes man

in my openion ...

FAr more than the torfee pops that offen getem ... :eyepoke:
    THe hand's farster than the eye ... keepan eye onda feet .. .

Always 'andy to have an Andy or two around.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    2011 Yamaha xvs1100
    nothing wrong with 250 quid
    It's nice to be acknowledged for coming to someones aid, pity there are not more like them
    "I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage.
    They've experienced pain and brought jewelry." - Rita Rudner
    A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    I suppose in this country the two guys would have been told they should have called the Police, but otherwise not intervene. Or possibly been charged with charged with assaulting the attacker. At the very least, IRD would be taxing the reward.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403
    I suppose in this country the two guys would have been told they should have called the Police, but otherwise not intervene. Or possibly been charged with charged with assaulting the attacker. At the very least, IRD would be taxing the reward.
    Not to mention investigated by the commisioner of families for odd and sudden outbursts of violence. Probably would get fired form work and have their kids taken off them as well. Naturally, the kids would then have to go to some nice Mongrel Mob affiliates for nuturing in a family environment...

Of course it wqould all work out in the end as they could claim compensation for being abused when children by an illegal immigrant, gay lesbian civic creche worker enmeshed in a satanic cult led by the deputy mayor and the police commisioner. That would mean compensation so it could all work out quite well in the end...

Cheers

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    And I thought it was only me that was cynical.....

Crikey Paul, you must have read the script to describe the outcome so accurately.
    GOOD OL' NZ, no other country like it for not taking reponsibility for your own actions.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Thread Information