Thread: Suzuki SJ50QT Dead Electrics...Sorta

Bike
    2004 Suzuki SJ50

Unhappy Suzuki SJ50QT Dead Electrics...Sorta

Hi guys,

I borrow my brothers unloved Suzuki SJ50QT often and picked it up today to find the electric starter wouldn't go. First guess was the battery was gone again (last time it was actually a terminal of the battery snapped clean off) but if you look in the under-seat compartment with the scooter not running the light is glowing.

However, the compartment light is glowing fairly dim - Is there a cut-off voltage or something that would simply stop the electric start if the battery was near-flat? When riding it after kick-starting the horn sounds weak (i.e. off the motor, not the battery). My question is, where is the/a fuse that would affect this (bearing in mind the compartment light still functions when the scooter is not running). Or is it just a flat battery? (BTW, do these things have alternators because we've run it a fair bit since noticing the issue...)

Unfortunately my brother has the manual at the moment and searching the interwebs for electrical diagrams of the scooter has been less than fruitful (just lots of results regarding unrestricting the SJ50's )

Cheers guys - I'm trying to avoid yet another trip to the motorcycle repair store for something that seems to have a simple solution.

- Damian

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Your battery is either flat, and needs a good charge, or worn out and needs replacing. Charge the battery. If the problem does not recoccur, well and good. If it comes back after a few days, new battery needed. They don't last forever.

(Yes, scooters do have alternators to charge the battery)
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Suzuki 1998 SJ50

message for a manual can you copy or supply the book

Hi know this post was like ages ago but do you have a manual for a suzuki sj50 and if so how much or can you email me a copy , kevin

Thread Information