Thread: Daredevil pair to attempt world blindfold record

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F

Daredevil pair to attempt world blindfold record

A PAIR of daredevil brothers hope to break the landspeed world record for riding a motorbike while blindfolded. Brian and Colin Eadie will attempt to ride at 89.9mph (around 145kmph?).

The stunt at an airfield in Yorkshire is in aid of the British Blind Sport charity.

Brian, 38, said they wanted to attempt the challenge as it seemed really unusual. He said: 'I've never done anything for charity before but this is a fantastic challenge.'

Around 20 people will try to beat the record in September.
    http://www.motobke.co.uk

Bike
    K6 SV1KN
    Bob.

I'ts great having someone on the forum thats up with all the biker news and it's always interesting to hear whats going on back home.....
    But, my problem is your reporting style (very informative and lots of facts) is say the equiverlent (sp?) to "The Observer" (newspaper) and i for one would much prefer if you could change it to say the "Sunday Sport".
    You know the sort of thing
    "Blonde biker babes bare all" With pics of course!
    And "Elvis seen riding TZR125 on moon"
    Cheers
    Chris

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    Quote Originally Posted by 6Chris6
    Bob.

I'ts great having someone on the forum thats up with all the biker news and it's always interesting to hear whats going on back home.....
    But, my problem is your reporting style (very informative and lots of facts) is say the equiverlent (sp?) to "The Observer" (newspaper) and i for one would much prefer if you could change it to say the "Sunday Sport".
    You know the sort of thing
    "Blonde biker babes bare all" With pics of course!
    And "Elvis seen riding TZR125 on moon"
    Cheers
    Chris
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O!

Or to put it another way, I couldn't do it, even if I tried! I think my old english teacher - not to mention my journalism tutor - would have my guts for garters!

Apart from that, are you going to provide me with the legal team the 'Sport' has in place? I'd need it if I did their kind of 'reporting'!

I don't fancy my last headline being 'Pom Newshound brings down internet forum with massive lawsuit following dodgy report'

Look on the bright side - you guys are getting this lot for nothing. Back here, people actually have to PAY to get this stuff!

Which is part of the reason for the 'dry' style... I' m writing this stuff up all for the paying customer, so I have to get it all done, submit copy and then sort out what goes in here... this takes me AGES to do, let alone try to write in different styles!

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I can write in another style - its taken me years to get this one where it needs to be, let alone develop another one!

I know my limits...

Junior Inkblob Bob

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    I for one like your writing style Bob.

Please don't go down the tack route.

Enjoying the posts!
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F
    Quote Originally Posted by celticno6
    I for one like your writing style Bob.

Please don't go down the tack route.

Enjoying the posts!
    Thank you! Always nice to be appreciated!

Thread Information