Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Data transfer between MySky digital decoder and PC?

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post

I'm ditching sky come spring. VPN + hulu/iplayer/Eurosport Player seems far better value than what that robbing cunt Murdoch provides.
    Which VPN service are you looking at? I recently signed up for BTGuard VPN because they say they don't keep IP logs, unlike Hide My Ass (or so I've heard).

Bike
    1991 Kawasaki ZXR400L1
    Short answer....No

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Just connect the Sky decoder to the TV tuner and you'll be good to go.
    Will only work for Standard definition transfer (i.e. RCA cables). HD won't work over HDMI as the PC (or DVR) will fail the HDCP check.

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEU View Post
    Which VPN service are you looking at? I recently signed up for BTGuard VPN because they say they don't keep IP logs, unlike Hide My Ass (or so I've heard).
    I'm not downloading illegal torrents, looking at dodgy sites nor wearing a tinfoil hat so disclosure of my IP address to authorities doesn't really bother me. That said, I've found a loverly free OpenVPN service that terminates in New Jersey, actually works and is fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    I'm not downloading illegal torrents, looking at dodgy sites nor wearing a tinfoil hat so disclosure of my IP address to authorities doesn't really bother me.
    Where's the fun in that?

Bike
    N/a
    WHy not just buy a dreambox with a hard drive? its a sat reciever that takes a sky card. They are awesome because you can
    1. Get free multi room sky if you buy two of them
    2. get your mates to buy a dream box and share the sky card over the internet. uses about 10mb of data per day and you both get sky. All against the law though - but what ever floats your boat

otherwise, look through geekzone if your a bit techie, you can hook up a sky card reader and use mediaportal or mediacentre to watch and record tv,

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTOXXX View Post
    WHy not just buy a dreambox with a hard drive? its a sat reciever that takes a sky card. They are awesome because you can
    1. Get free multi room sky if you buy two of them
    2. get your mates to buy a dream box and share the sky card over the internet. uses about 10mb of data per day and you both get sky. All against the law though - but what ever floats your boat

Read about em but I'm a big scardey cat who hates parting with money on something that Sky may find a way to bork. Especially if it puts at risk the SO being able to watch Desperate Housewives or whatever $hite she's wanting to watch.

Tell you what though...you knock one up and I'll share my sky card
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Thread Information